Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had anything bad done to their Sky while the top was down? My brother had an GM midget and someone poured a chocolate milkshake in it :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't think I've ever seen him that mad before !!! I swore I wasn't going to ever get another new car when someone keyed my new Camaro on mischief night, but I'm going to try again ....

Sue

·
Registered
994 Posts
Oh God, Mischief Night. I remember those growing up in Connecticut. My parents would never let me go out:mad: Probably a good thing. I haven't of anything like that here in Maryland. I left the top down at a restaurant the other day at lunch and really couldn't relax and kept looking out of the window to check on the car. I think I'll be a top-up when parked kind of guy.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Knock on wood...no, I haven't had anyone toss anything into my car with the top down. But that's not to say that it won't happen someday. If the car will be parked for an extended period of time (more than an hour by my standards), then the top goes up. The only exception is if it's parked in my driveway where I can see it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Has anyone had anything bad done to their Sky while the top was down? My brother had an GM midget and someone poured a chocolate milkshake in it :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sue
All the more reason to secure & put your Sky's top up when parked & away from your view. You never know some jerk may walk by and toss something inside when your away...either out of jealousy or immature mischief.

There was a poll about this awhile back.."PARK TOP UP OR DOWN" or something like that.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I parked my car in my driveway with the top down. I came out about an hour later and there were 3 penny sized drops of mustard on my passenger seat. If i ever see one of my neighbors eating a hotdog with mustard, I'm going to run them over. :lol:

·
Registered
410 Posts
The worst is when some idiot throws a lit cigarette in your car!!!:mad: :mad: My advice to all is, if you cant't see the car, then put the TOP up! A jealous person, like an ex, or streetperson can always cut your top or key you, but burning my interior will make me lose it and reach for weapons and destory my future.:willy: :willy: :nono: :nono: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
482 Posts
The worst is when some idiot throws a lit cigarette in your car!!!:mad: :mad: My advice to all is, if you cant't see the car, then put the TOP up! A jealous person, like an ex, or streetperson can always cut your top or key you, but burning my interior will make me lose it and reach for weapons and destory my future.:willy: :willy: :nono: :nono: :banghead: :banghead:
Don't go there man. Pay the deductable its a far sight better than 20 to life.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Get a very low deductible or a zero deductible for your Comprehensive coverage and be happy. I recently checked what would be the difference between having a $500 deductible and a $0 deductible was only $80 for every 6 months... That's the way to go!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

BA...

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Don't go there man. Pay the deductable its a far sight better than 20 to life.

But not near as personally fulfilling. Besides, all you gotta say is "But Your Honor, dude flipped his Kool on THIS" and show him a picture and you're off--justifiable homicide.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Back in the 70's when I had my Triumph Spitfire, I was driving down Rt#1 when a trucker decided to throw his lit cigarette butt out the window and guess where it landed??? Right in my car....I was like a lunatic trying to pull over (I was in the left lane) onto the shoulder of the road before it started to burn my interior....I wanted to catch that trucker and :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Do you get the picture???:lol: :lol:
I say "top up" always when parked unless you can keep your eyes on your SKY. I will never understand people getting a thrill out of destroying other people's property.:nono:

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Lock-N-Load--Clear on the Left--Clear on the Right---FIRE!!!:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Lock-N-Load--Clear on the Left--Clear on the Right---FIRE!!!:cheers:
I'm still amazed by the precision toss. I mean, really- who has that much practice at hurling burritos?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good rule of thumb to keep the top up when you don't have sight of the car. I have not had anyone vandalize the interior. I did however have someone key my new Sky. I hadn't even had her for 2 months. I also live in South Florida, so I tend to be more cautious of where I park her. The damage is $600. : (

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good rule of thumb to keep the top up when you don't have sight of the car. I have not had anyone vandalize the interior. I did however have someone key my new Sky. I hadn't even had her for 2 months. I also live in South Florida, so I tend to be more cautious of where I park her. The damage is $600. : (
Nice name Sunny!

Sorry to hear your new car got keyed...that's insane!
I would go ballistic if I ever caught someone messing with my Sky!
Did you file a police report?

Ah the ugly monster called jeaLOUSY. :banghead:

·
Registered
144 Posts
ill just have my vicious rotweiler sitting in the passenger seat while i run into a store =)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I worry when I see people holding a soda and leaning in looking at my car. One thing I have figured out is that the stock alarm system doesn't do a thing unless you really get into the car. I have found cigarette ashes in my car after a guy with a cig was admiring it while I was parked in front of the lobby of my office building loading a plant...UGH! It was an accident he said.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts