Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but I went out at lunch and bought my plate. I had it put on my wife’s car for now and will transfer it once I get my sky! It is crazy how hard it is to get something with "sky" in it! In Michigan you can use 7 spaces and this is the one I wanted:

Has anyone else thought about buying it now? It cost be $21.00...big deal...if I don't get the car, at least I have a cool plate!

ishot3bucks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Call me crazy, but I went out at lunch and bought my plate. I had it put on my wife’s car for now and will transfer it once I get my sky! It is crazy how hard it is to get something with "sky" in it! In Michigan you can use 7 spaces and this is the one I wanted:

Has anyone else thought about buying it now? It cost be $21.00...big deal...if I don't get the car, at least I have a cool plate!

ishot3bucks
I hope i can get the one on my avatar....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Way ahead of you...

I put my deposit down on my Sky on Aprl 26th. On the 27th, I bought my vanity plate. It took about 5 weeks for them to deliver it to me, but it says:

SATN SKY

Just like my screen name...

I went to see the SKY for the first time in person today at Saturn of Coconut Creek Florida. They have the Silver one. It is TOO nice.

Photographs do not capture how big and wide it is.

Everybody there saw my vanity plate and probably thought I was a kook, but I knew more about the car than the dealer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Went to the NC DMV web site and placed an order for mine the same night that we put down our deposit (couple of months ago). Took 10 days to get it. It's on my SC2 and we'll just transfer it to the Sky

SKY BLU

Guess what color we're waiting for .....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Speaking of tags...for those of us who live in states that require front and back plates....where on the front would the tags go on the SKY? The bumper or grill?

I think front tags will ruin the whole look of the SKY. I also hope my Saturn Dealer doesn't even think about putting the dealer name/logo on my SKY either!!! :brentil:

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
futureskyowner said:
Speaking of tags...for those of us who live in states that require front and back plates....where on the front would the tags go on the SKY? The bumper or grill?

I think front tags will ruin the whole look of the SKY. I also hope my Saturn Dealer doesn't even think about putting the dealer name/logo on my SKY either!!! :brentil:

Michigan does not have front plates...Thank god! I agree with you on the logo thing! I hate that...The first thing I do is take their plate holder off and peel any of those clear stickers on the back and front corner of the windows! We pay enough for a car...do your advertisement in the Newspaper, not on my car! :banghead:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Satan Sky...? Is it going to be red? 8-D

$21, wow that's cheap! In CA it's over $50 and has to be renewed annually. And they require front and back plates. My guess it that it'll go over the bumper, as the front center grille is the only one that's actually functional and thus would need to stay unrestricted. Many people in CA just leave it off, but you're tempting fate and can get a ticket while yer parked... :(

SATN SKY said:
I put my deposit down on my Sky on Aprl 26th. On the 27th, I bought my vanity plate. It took about 5 weeks for them to deliver it to me, but it says:

SATN SKY

Just like my screen name...

I went to see the SKY for the first time in person today at Saturn of Coconut Creek Florida. They have the Silver one. It is TOO nice.

Photographs do not capture how big and wide it is.

Everybody there saw my vanity plate and probably thought I was a kook, but I knew more about the car than the dealer.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
loyal_SL2 said:

$21, wow that's cheap! In CA it's over $50 and has to be renewed annually. And they require front and back plates. My guess it that it'll go over the bumper, as the front center grille is the only one that's actually functional and thus would need to stay unrestricted. Many people in CA just leave it off, but you're tempting fate and can get a ticket while yer parked... :(

Loyal, Michigan sets it up like this, When you first get a vanity plate, they prorate the first year at $8.00 the first month and $2.00 each additional month, so prorated my bill came out to $21.00.

It basically cost $30.00/year and 15.00/each year after. The nice thing was I could purchase an extra plate for $5.00! Nice to throw in a drawer until I need it!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
California doesn't let you use obscenities either (in any language!)
The NY DMV isn't too fond of obscenities either, but if you try hard enough you can get by them.

I bought '370H55V' for my brother since he likes to flip his Hondas over.

My current plate is a reference to my genetalia.

For the sky, I'm going to change to something that won't be a topic of conversation next time I'm in a funeral procession.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It's to bad Microsoft doesn't make license plates. That way we could all have 32 character license plates. :lol: That wouldn't be bad but the 64 character upgrade would be a tight fit in the garage. :D The 128 character licence plate would have to run the length of the car. ;)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya but if you had a microsoft product anywhere near your sky you would constantly be stalling at the most inconvenient times and be forced to restart on regular basis. Your transmission would "freeze" up and calls to support would only end in again having to restart your car. After many failed attempts at correcting the problem, you would be asked to have the engine and transmission removed and reinstalled. You would find that this finally solves the freeze/stall issue for the moment but now you have to reset your clock, radio settings.. and any other possible personal settings. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Red Devil

loyal_SL2 said:

Yes, it will be Chili Pepper Red, and of course, the SATN was supposed to be SATURN abbrevated. Many people read it as SATIN, you're only the second person to say SATAN. I guess I'll have to live with that. Too late now...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I am thinking of using the name that goes way back when I was a kid. A hint would be his vehicle was the :cool: THE SONGBIRD :cool:

1 - 20 of 115 Posts