Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted before - but my car SHOULD be here in a week & I need some ideas. :willy: In NC we can have 8 letters, numbers, & any of the symbols on the top of the letters on the keyboard - I need some ideas on what to get on the plate. We are getting a Red Sky. Red Sky is taken - https://edmv.dot.state.nc.us/sp/PersonalizePlate is the link if you would like to try out their plate demo. What do you guys think of LTL RCKT?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
I know this has been posted before - but my car SHOULD be here in a week & I need some ideas. :willy: In NC we can have 8 letters, numbers, & any of the symbols on the top of the letters on the keyboard - I need some ideas on what to get on the plate. We are getting a Red Sky. Red Sky is taken - https://edmv.dot.state.nc.us/sp/PersonalizePlate is the link if you would like to try out their plate demo. What do you guys think of LTL RCKT?
I'd love to post them except that then people who get their cars before me could take them :nono: -- so Mum's the word...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking of going with "WHSKIGRL" :cheers:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
I am thinking of going with "WHSKIGRL" :cheers:
Hmm -- you might as well put "DUI GAL" on there. Id avoid anything that may give an officer an excuse especially in a hot car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They can pull me over - I don't drink & drive.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It's a bummer that you have to have the car to order the plates. I have already ordered mine. They should be here in 6 weeks. Hopefully my Sky will be in around that time as well. I'm starting to doubt that though.

I thought about a plate for a long time and had lots of ideas. PEPPER was big in my list because I'm getting a Chili PEPPER red sky and because it's a hot car. I got it down to SUMR TOY and SUMR SKY. TOY was taken so SUMR SKY it was.

There are lots of good choices posted, read through the two main posts and you should get a few leads.:thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was thinking of something, but its more provocative (dont look if you get offended easily)

was thinking of something like "MAKNUWET" hehe :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good one!

·
Registered
262 Posts
ku4zs said:
was thinking of something like "MAKNUWET"
Foul

Clever, but I bet you can't get it approved. I once heard of a plate that had to be read in a mirror, as in looking at the front plate of the car behind you.

3MTA3

Once the motor vehicle department fiqured it out, they recalled the plate.

I just got my plate approved, RED*SKY

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have to at least have a vin# to get insurance, must have before I can get the plate, so the gal at the tag office sez.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I ordered a black one too. Had the most difficult time choosing, didn't even consider cargo space. I have seen good photos of black Sky and I am glad I chose it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
skywulf said:
I ordered a black one too. Had the most difficult time choosing, didn't even consider cargo space. I have seen good photos of black Sky and I am glad I chose it.

I had at first decided on a Red Sky until I saw a Black one. I was sold on Black then!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
They can pull me over - I don't drink & drive.
So why Whiskey Girl?

Im not saying that you'll be facing a DUI -- its just a good reason to get more suspicious about a car... clever party vanity tag, top down convertible, pretty girl driving... they will stop you just because, if even to get a closer look and maybe a phone number.

·
Registered
262 Posts
skywulf said:
I have to at least have a vin# to get insurance, must have before I can get the plate, so the gal at the tag office sez.
Almost the same thing here in CT. So I ordered the vanity plate for my current car. When the Sky comes in I will transfer the registration to the Sky and get a new registration for the current car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1994SC2 said:
So why Whiskey Girl?

Im not saying that you'll be facing a DUI -- its just a good reason to get more suspicious about a car... clever party vanity tag, top down convertible, pretty girl driving... they will stop you just because, if even to get a closer look and maybe a phone number.
I didn't say I never drink - I just don't drink & drive. Whiskey is my drink of choice (Jack Daniels). I have been pulled over at least 15 times in my life - NO TICKETS yet..... Now that I say that........I will get one tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
I didn't say I never drink - I just don't drink & drive. Whiskey is my drink of choice (Jack Daniels). I have been pulled over at least 15 times in my life - NO TICKETS yet..... Now that I say that........I will get one tomorrow.

Oh no! And your Sky is red!? Its a perfect storm for junior cops on the prowl for a young girl... I hope you dont have blonde hair also!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
They do that too..pull over girls to talk to them...I am proof.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the Sky you've ordered a 5 speed manual or automatic?

Thanks, Alex

1 - 20 of 27 Posts