Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a vanity plate for the Sky. They seem to be made for that. I wanted BLUE SKY but every version of that is taken in Ontario. Same with SKY VIEW and 007 Sky - its a 2007. Anyway, just planning for the better weather since its -31 degrees C at the moment. Anyone have any clever personalized plate suggestions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have SKY I. SKY 1 was taken.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thinking of getting a vanity plate for the Sky. They seem to be made for that. I wanted BLUE SKY but every version of that is taken in Ontario. Same with SKY VIEW and 007 Sky - its a 2007. Anyway, just planning for the better weather since its -31 degrees C at the moment. Anyone have any clever personalized plate suggestions?
tough weather you folks are into.
plus 5 today in calgary.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My user name and my vanity plate are the same (44THSKY) because my 07 SKY was built the end of the second week of SKY production and has the VIN number 44 as that number built. (the vanity plate photo would NOT download as the file is too large)

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought owning 44 Sky's would have been an difficult accomplishment. Looks like mine is 7502 - doesn't really make a good plate number.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I thought owning 44 Sky's would have been an difficult accomplishment. Looks like mine is 7502 - doesn't really make a good plate number.
rojam, I had no idea what that number meant when I bought the car. In fact, I didn't know what it was or realize what it meant until sometime after the purchase. Since learning, still have not been able to uncover other two digit VIN's. Would be kinda nice to know where and who. But, probably not a biggie.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rojam, I had no idea what that number meant when I bought the car. In fact, I didn't know what it was or realize what it meant until sometime after the purchase. Since learning, still have not been able to uncover other two digit VIN's. Would be kinda nice to know where and who. But, probably not a biggie.
It makes for a good story. My car started out in the States (Iowa) and blue in colour. It spent the first 4 years in Iowa and then was imported to Canada by a dealer. It looks like it was passed through a couple of dealerships and a couple of people for the next few years. A car family purchased it and changed the ownership among the family members. One of them liked exotic cars and had the Sky painted Porsche Karmin Red. I bought it off of the son who damaged the front bumper. He needed the cash so I bought it for a good price, fixed the bumper (Porsche paint isn't cheap as it turns out) and now I have a really nice looking summer weekend driver that is fairly unique. There are a couple of Solstices in the area but I have not seen any Sky's except at one car show. Every car has a story. That's part of the fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m sure you either tried it or maybe don’t like it.

But how about using a “3” instead of “E”.

BLU3 SKY

SKY VI3W

Doesn’t look that good in text but on a plate maybe ok. I see it a lot down here in FL. Seems to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

BLU3 SKY

SKY VI3W

Doesn’t look that good in text but on a plate maybe ok. I see it a lot down here in FL. Seems to work.

Yep - tried all versions of "view", "night" and "blue". Thinking of "NRTH SKY" being from Canada and my new Windristrictor is a stylized Canadian flag.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rojam35, we spent some 3 weeks staying in a home just West of Fort Erie, Ontario back in the early 2000's. During that stay we journeyed around Ontario to Toronto, etc. and did visit London, Ontario....your town. Remembered the college kids there and how they were dressed in some wild outfits and haircuts. A bit far out during those times. We visited one of the local pubs, probably a bit early that Saturday AM before the college crowd had assembled, LOL.

We enjoyed visiting Ontario. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
My wife went with.

Reach 4

as in Reach for the Sky..

She likes it which is all that matters.

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts

BLU3 SKY

SKY VI3W

Actually, in CA you can't do that. I wanted R080TCH as a plate and they wouldn't let me substitute the B for an 8. Every state is different. I'm good with mine though. Goes with the vinyl graphics on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rojam35, we spent some 3 weeks staying in a home just West of Fort Erie, Ontario back in the early 2000's. During that stay we journeyed around Ontario to Toronto, etc. and did visit London, Ontario....your town. Remembered the college kids there and how they were dressed in some wild outfits and haircuts. A bit far out during those times. We visited one of the local pubs, probably a bit early that Saturday AM before the college crowd had assembled, LOL.

We enjoyed visiting Ontario. :cheers:
Glad you enjoyed it. The Niagara area is a nice spot for touring around. Toronto - not so much, but lots of other things to do. London is a university/college town. You don't want to hit the bars downtown on weekends during the school term.

Question - looks like you live in Arizona and I've always wanted to go. I was watching an episode of The Grand Tour on Amazon and it looked like there was a road that drove through the Grand Canyon (or at least the park). It looked like it would be an amazing drive. Is there a scenic drive or was it just a function of the cameras on the show?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Question - looks like you live in Arizona and I've always wanted to go. I was watching an episode of The Grand Tour on Amazon and it looked like there was a road that drove through the Grand Canyon (or at least the park). It looked like it would be an amazing drive. Is there a scenic drive or was it just a function of the cameras on the show?
rojam, we have not been there for quite a few years now. But last time on the South Rim, we believe it was only a local bus that took us along the South Rim all the way over to the glass walk (bottomless thing). The bus stops and let you off then another bus comes along and you get on and continue the tour. You see different spots all along the South Rim into the canyon.

Another feature that is probably better for the younger set and "in shape" is to walk down into the canyon and back out. It is a reservation thing and not easy to get a spot on that walk. Our son, in his 50's, did it with a group of friends. They had waited several years to get their spots. At the bottom of the canyon are facilities run by the Indian tribe which includes lodging and food. Some amazing sites on that trip for the camera bugs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts