Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Been posted before.. the back lights are probably going to be offered by the after market crowd. Probably didn't want to be to out there for their initial offering.

Look for them in when they freshen up the model in 2009 :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
marlboromike said:
If anyone wants to see the SKY's mother
MarlboroMike
Cute cars have cute moms, ever notice? :thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very beautiful, I fell in love with the VX when GM first unveiled it. I swore I would buy one if I ever got the chance. The Sky is not an exact copy, but it is close enough for me.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Well..... i found a distant ancestor to our babies....... SkyBaby-07

From the ancestor to MY PINK ONE..... WAY TOO COOL.... :cool:

it is a 1913 vauxhall (sp) stutz

·
Registered
155 Posts
I will bet you that will be the next generation Sky (after redline) because the styling is SOOO similar to the Sky. (didn't the design the Sky first, then the VX then the Solstice from the VX?) Looks neat but I don't really like the front much. Reminds me too much of the last MR-2 yuck!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
skyguy85 said:
I will bet you that will be the next generation Sky (after redline) because the styling is SOOO similar to the Sky. (didn't the design the Sky first, then the VX then the Solstice from the VX?) Looks neat but I don't really like the front much. Reminds me too much of the last MR-2 yuck!
The first Solstice concept bowed in 2002, four months after beginning life as a sketch. At the same time, Saturn was showing this heap, named Sky. Given the fact that the Solstice went from paper to concept in record time, the Saturn concept must've been started first. Thank God they didn't build it.

The next year Vauxhall showed the VX Lightning concept on the Solstice platform. The production Sky's design was based loosely on the VX Lightning concept (can I get an Amen?) and shares nothing with the 2002 concept but the name. So, the Solstice was created first, then the VX, then the production Sky. The VX Lightning won't be the next generation Sky, because it's essentially the previous generation Sky.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have always thought the 2002 Sky concept was UGLYYYYYY!!!! Thank goodness the only part to be carried over is the chrome inserts in the turn signal slots. I like the aggressive front end of the Vauxhall and would have liked to see a little more of that influence in the sky. I'm not complaining I love the Sky but I think it deserves a little less generic front end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts