Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought i had heard a rumor quite awhile ago that Vauxhall was the catalist for the Sky/Solstice GM programs. Any truth to this ?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yes, it is based on the concept car for them. Just google it and you will find photos of the concept that looks very simular to the Sky.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought i had heard a rummor quite awhile ago that Vauxhall was the catalist for the Sky/Solstice GM programs. Any truth to this ?
I knew that the Sky was a mod of the Vauxhall, but I thought that the Solstice came first, when Lutz asked his stylists to come up with a
design, or is that backwards?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GMguy said:
I knew that the Sky was a mod of the Vauxhall, but I thought that the Solstice came first, when Lutz asked his stylists to come up with a
design, or is that backwards?
So Mr. Lutz is an admin. officer. (I guess my true question is) Who inovated this masterpiece, one person - a group. Is the next Carol Sheiby awaiting in the wings. -2nd- And for whom does my next idol work with? (saturn -vauxhall - pontiac )

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59747&postcount=12

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59748&postcount=14

bottom line: Solstice came first. Both as hardtop fastback (non-running design buck) and a convertible (with no operational top, but running and cobbled car). 2002 NAIAS.

Then, the Vauxhall VX Lightning (May 2003). Eventually became the Vauxhall VX, which was tweaked and rebuilt after the kappa platform was named, and shown along with the Nomad and Curve at the 2004 NAIAS.

Then, the SKY began to be designed based off the general shape of the Vauxhall VX (sometime from November 2003 to March 2004) and debuted at the 2005 NAIAS, along with the "production" version of the true 2006 Solstice.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Viper too

for the curios - I heard that Mr Lutz was one of 4 guys responsible for the Dodge Viper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts