Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice find - that is a sharp looking version also. They mention the same 240hp 2.2.

I like the sharp lines from the rear view. Very cool.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I like some of the pieces on the car but would not go after the total package.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm glad they smoothed out the nose on the Sky, IMO the Lightnings nose was just too sharp. Whats with the Digital in the center of the dash? Would have been nice to have a Navigational option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HotSky said:
I like it. I wish they would have named our car Lightning instead of Sky
Ford probably would have had legal issues :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Looks somewhat like a cross between the Sky and Sol. But no, wait. The Sky and Sol are its offspring. Wait. I'm getting confused. :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
BigBadOrange said:
I dont like the giant pontiac logo on the front. Reminds me of Sigmund from "sigmund and the seamonsters":D
Looks like a perfect place for Shaq to put a Superman Logo :lol:

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Proud lineage starting with the Solstice

GaryH said:
Looks somewhat like a cross between the Sky and Sol. But no, wait. The Sky and Sol are its offspring. Wait. I'm getting confused. :lol:
Actually, the Pontiac Solstice came first on Feb 7, 2002, then the Vauxhall Lightning a year later on May 14, 2003, then based on the styling cues of the Lightning, the Sky was completely redesigned from its original 4 seat convertible concept to a roadster production concept unveiled at the LA Auto Show in Jan 2005. All of the cars that we have today have their heritage in the Solstice. It's a proud family, and the Sky is a beautiful design.

Here's the sequence:
  1. Pontiac Solstice concept debut 2002
  2. Vauxhall Lightning concept debut 2003
  3. Saturn Curve concept debut 2004
  4. Chevy Nomad concept debut 2004
  5. Saturn Sky 2007 Model Year production concept debut 2005
  6. Opel GT production concept debut 2006
  7. Daewoo GT production concept debut 2006
Here's the press links for some of them:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
old thread.... not going into production.....

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
To be or not to be

SkyMan 07 said:
old thread.... not going into production.....
Yeah, I just read yesterday in another post that some recent change in laws in the UK regarding buffer zones related to possible pedestrian collisions with vehicles makes this version of the lighting very unlikely to be produced.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Lil GTO said:
Yeah, I just read yesterday in another post that some recent change in laws in the UK regarding buffer zones related to possible pedestrian collisions with vehicles makes this version of the lighting very unlikely to be produced.
Those laws are same reason the Sky becomes the Opel GT and not the Sol.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Different,but, no cigar.....

I'll take my SKY anyday!!!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts