Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Exactly like mceb pointed out, it's because the Sky is in essence the Americanized version of the Vauxhall VX Lightning Concept.

There are going to be soem major differences of course. The Sky is FR drivetrain and the VX220 is MR setup. VX220 is a Turbocharged ECOTEC, where as the Sky is an all new 2.4L ECOTEC with VVT (first time ever on the ECOTEC platform). There will be a significant weight difference too. An 800 lbs weight difference since the VX220 is the space fram Lotus Elise platform, and the Sky will be an all new Kappa platform created by GM.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Do you mean the black car on the front of the link you posted?

If so I really don't think that's a VX Lightning. The Lightning is a complete convertible car and that's a T-top construction with a hatch back end. The body design also doesn't look like the Lightning at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not only is the exterior styling essentially the same but check out how similar the interiors are too (red/black colour layout, door panel, use of piano black trim, centre "seam" along upper dash & beneath radio/hvac). Way to go GM! :cheers:

Vauxhall Lightning concept:

Saturn Sky:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I guess I was wrong again.
What kind of car do you think it is?
Why do you think they do not make more cars with T-Bar.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I tried blowing up the image to make out the hood emblem or the side emblems, but they're not coming out clear enough for em to make out.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
andrewplanet said:
What emblem are you trying to see? I have a bunch of digital photos here from the Detroit autoshow and I could crop something for you.
I was refering to the link airbalancer posted above. I've attached the image to clarify.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts