Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a Vcard???? and why would I want to down load this???

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Wikipedia said:
vCard is a file format standard for electronic business cards. vCards are often attached to e-mail messages, but can be exchanged in other ways, such as on the World Wide Web. They can contain name and address information, phone numbers, URLs, logos, photographs, and even audio clips.
Why would you want to download it? Beats me.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
its a way for someone to easily import contact information into their address book.
It's just an electronic business card.

The same caution for all internet files should apply.
You should only add ones from people you requested or know.
Otherwise you could get burned by a virus or malware.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I guess I don't need it here. I am sure there are a few of us out there who didn't know what it was either but was afraid to ask. Thanks... :) T.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Oh I guess I don't need it here. I am sure there are a few of us out there who didn't know what it was either but was afraid to ask. Thanks... :) T.
Glad you asked. Now I know what it is.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Makes it much easier to incorporate info into an email program and contact list. I use them all the time in Microsoft Outlook. It then shows up on my Treo with all the name, addresss, phone and email info. Woo hoo.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Makes it much easier to incorporate info into an email program and contact list. I use them all the time in Microsoft Outlook. It then shows up on my Treo with all the name, addresss, phone and email info. Woo hoo.
Hmmmmm Maybe I'll down load it too. I like easy. I have Micosoft outlook too and it might me helpful. Thanks :) T.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never accept "no" from someone not authorized to say "Yes". So, present it to someone with the means to make you job happen. -J
Hmmmmmm Good advise. :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts