Saturn Sky Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had hoped my first post wouldn't be negative, but it's aimed at a Saturn dealership here in Las Vegas...not at the Sky itself.

First of all, I love the Sky....definitely one of the best things GM has produced in decades. I have an '06 Corvette convertible, and I thought the Sky Redline might be a nice gift to keep my wife from always trying to snatch my Vette away.... I'd buy her her own personal sports car. Then, I would no longer have to deal with empty water bottles, Starbucks mugs, and her workout bag rolling around in my 400 HP baby.

So....I stop by the dealership and the salesman informs me that the Redline will not be produced for at least a year. I told him he was wrong, so he brings over another brilliant salesman who concurs with him, and they accuse me of making up the fact that people have already taken delivery of Redlines all over the country. Okay.....whatever.

I later drop a note their internet manager, who apologizes, and then proceeds to tell me that I cannot possibly order one, and that whenever one of these rare "exotic" cars comes in, I can have the privelidge of paying $5K over sticker. Wow....I can hardly wait.

This is the problem with GM. They create great product for a great price (i.e. the new Corvette Z06), and then they don't produce enough and allow the dealer network to ruin the whole thing.

Too bad.....maybe she'd like a 350Z roadster.

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
sorry to say this, but u come too late for this one of a kind machine...most of us waited a year and half to order the SKY roadster and if u were not in the loop about the Red Line, u missed again...some of us have waited 2 years...remember, this car is not being produced for US consumers only...good luck but don't go for the 350Z....all good things r worth waiting for...just ask us!

Never believe a car salesman from Vegas...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Yeah, it's a shame how some dealerships are really scamming people. It's hit or miss really. My best suggestion is just go somewhere else. I've got my Redline on order through a Dealership that's over 30 miles north of me, while there are 3 other Saturn Dealerships within that range. I went there because they were honest, didn't try to scam me, and put on ZERO add ons. They gave me an honest estimate (6-8 months or first rollout of 2008 models)

Just search around, you'll find a good place. Just stick it out. Unless you ordered one about 4 months ago, you're going to have to wait.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Which dealer did you go to; West Sahara or Henderson? I have talked to both of them and even though they are both full of ill informed sales staffs one is better than the other. The idiots over at the West Sahara store gave me the BS story of not being or wanting to order or take a deposit on a Redline. I did get on the "list" over at the Henderson store and they're supposedly placing the first "order" on Monday..............I'm 7th on the list.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If they continue to tell you they are not availiable yet, just sick Ernest on em. He will drive his over there....:lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry to say this, but u come too late for this one of a kind machine...most of us waited a year and half to order the SKY roadster and if u were not in the loop about the Red Line, u missed again...some of us have waited 2 years...remember, this car is not being produced for US consumers only...good luck but don't go for the 350Z....all good things r worth waiting for...just ask us!

Never believe a car salesman from Vegas...
I kinda have to disagree with the waiting part just like 3 dealers in my area.. SF Bay..they won't order but have SKY's on the lot and have R/L's in with their normal allotment so even if you failed to order "2 years ago" the dealers still received some you could buy as I could have months ago but waited for the R/L which again a dealers is getting a few in two weeks so I can go down and buy it, as long as I don't wait!!!! So worth a try!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I kinda have to disagree with the waiting part just like 3 dealers in my area.. SF Bay..they won't order but have SKY's on the lot and have R/L's in with their normal allotment so even if you failed to order "2 years ago" the dealers still received some you could buy as I could have months ago but waited for the R/L which again a dealers is getting a few in two weeks so I can go down and buy it, as long as I don't wait!!!! So worth a try!
let me guess, they're all marked up

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey SKYVEGAS---Tell your dealer to take the nearest SKY brochure, turn it sidewides, and stick it up his-----!!!!! I'm so sick and tired of these ill-informed salespersons I don't know what to do. The base SKY is available, and now the REDLINE is available. The autos are on the trucks, and the autos are on the trains. I ask myself, is GM the kind of company I want to be involved with???? The Saturn division is one I thought had it together, they say PEOPLE FIRST and LIKE ALWAYS-LIKE NEVER BEFORE, is this a joke:willy: :willy: It's not that hard to inform your sales staff about the product that is available for them to sell!:mad: I better stop now!!!

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Hey skyvegas don't take an experience at one dealer and apply it to all dealers. There are some bad dealers out there getting alot of attention right now. But there also plenty of good dealers out there also. Blow off the dealer, and look around and find a good one. You will have to wait for a redline, but if you find a good dealer it will be worth it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey SKYVEGAS---Tell your dealer to take the nearest SKY brochure, turn it sidewides, and stick it up his-----!!!!! I'm so sick and tired of these ill-informed salespersons I don't know what to do. The base SKY is available, and now the REDLINE is available. The autos are on the trucks, and the autos are on the trains. I ask myself, is GM the kind of company I want to be involved with???? The Saturn division is one I thought had it together, they say PEOPLE FIRST and LIKE ALWAYS-LIKE NEVER BEFORE, is this a joke:willy: :willy: It's not that hard to inform your sales staff about the product that is available for them to sell!:mad: I better stop now!!!
Speak it brother..............so sad that the customer is WAY more informed than the sales staff. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Speak it brother..............so sad that the customer is WAY more informed than the sales staff. :banghead:
It is true it is sad when customers know more than the salesman at the dealers, but that being said I would also point out that access to this formun has made most of the members here very astute customers indeed. :)

I talked to my salesman (sales associate?) yesterday, just by giving him a little of what I have learned here I have made a friend for life :)

I can remember his exact quote "We are treated like mushrooms", and unfortunitly the gm and sales managers are not much better off. :confused:

I am trying very hard to remember when I talk to them they are also very hungrey for information, and trying for the most part to do thier best :)

We can all help them by keeping them as informed as we are. :thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, Henderson Saturn said they could order a Redline for me and I'd have it in December/January....for "only" a $2500.00 markup. :rolleyes:

Nothing against the Sky Redline, but I paid far less than sticker for one of the best sports cars on the planet ('06 Vette) so I'm not about to line a dealer's slimey pocket for a lesser car just because it's the flavor of the month.

I thought it would be a cool thing to contribute the US economy and buy another GM product if I could. The Vette has been a flawless car (and it's my 8th one), and so has my US made Dodge Magnum Hemi, but as usual, things fall apart at the dealer level. I was actually surprised because I always thought Saturn had a "no markup, no haggle" policy. I guess things have changed since their cars have become a bit more desirable.

We're scheduled to go look at a SKY that they have in stock tomorrow. If they'll agree to order a Redline at no more than MSRP, it's a done deal. If not, we'll move on.

BTW, I'm 6''3" tall, 200 lbs....can I fit in one of these? How's the headroom?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Skyvegas

I'm 6-4 and come in around 195 no problem lots of leg room, at least enough leg room anyway:lol: :lol:

Great news! The Vette fits me very well, but I can't even get my knees under the dash of a Honda S2000 or a Chrysler Crossfire, ....2 cars we just looked at for her. I hated both of them.

We also looked at the Porsche Boxster.....totally under powered and overpriced, and I could barely fit. There's no question the Sky Redline is a great design and performer for the money. A few more cars like this and GM wouldn't be in trouble.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice to see you guys venting and slamming the SATURN guys. Remember, some of us DO work for Saturn here in the forum, and we work hard trying to give valuable information. I for one, always watch what you guys go through and try my best to help out. It's not Saturn, but just bad people who want the fast buck. Like always like never before, is what some of us go by. Sorry for the bad rap, keep you chins up,We all aren't like that.:nono: :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice to see you guys venting and slamming the SATURN guys. Remember, some of us DO work for Saturn here in the forum, and we work hard trying to give valuable information. I for one, always watch what you guys go through and try my best to help out. It's not Saturn, but just bad people who want the fast buck. Like always like never before, is what some of us go by. Sorry for the bad rap, keep you chins up,We all aren't like that.:nono: :)
It's helpful Saturn Reps like you that, fortunately, make up the large majority of Saturn Peeps. Out here in the Midwest we really don't see too much of the mark ups and stuff. A few of us on the forum that deal with the same owner (he owns 6 stores) have pretty much educated his whole workforce, but then they were mostly a great bunch of people already. My Store where I have bought Saturns since 1994 has been exemplary:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
hehe, ya but not at msrp. either its marked up big time or they've added numerous add-ons.

(I live in the SF bay area also. Got my sky at msrp but it wasn't easy)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The dealer won't budge from the extra 2500, was first on the list for RL at the Henderson store, by the way same owner at west sahara store, after the GM shows me his markup I got po'd and pull my name off list then a few days later they call and offer base that was canceled, I bought that instead because it fit budget. Saving funds now for hahn turbo....I'll get fast somehow...correct sales persons there just like having something to sell finally! Learned that the reno store has no markups, maybe you can call up there...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Actually, Henderson Saturn said they could order a Redline for me and I'd have it in December/January....for "only" a $2500.00 markup. :rolleyes:

Nothing against the Sky Redline, but I paid far less than sticker for one of the best sports cars on the planet ('06 Vette) so I'm not about to line a dealer's slimey pocket for a lesser car just because it's the flavor of the month.

I thought it would be a cool thing to contribute the US economy and buy another GM product if I could. The Vette has been a flawless car (and it's my 8th one), and so has my US made Dodge Magnum Hemi, but as usual, things fall apart at the dealer level. I was actually surprised because I always thought Saturn had a "no markup, no haggle" policy. I guess things have changed since their cars have become a bit more desirable.

We're scheduled to go look at a SKY that they have in stock tomorrow. If they'll agree to order a Redline at no more than MSRP, it's a done deal. If not, we'll move on.

BTW, I'm 6''3" tall, 200 lbs....can I fit in one of these? How's the headroom?

Thanks for all the help!
Keep calling around. You might have to travel a bit but you can still find one at MSRP if you look.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rustyknight--Is it possible to find a dealer in New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, or Texas and just have it shipped to you? Hell, if you found one in a neighboring state go get it and drive it back:thumbs: Don't give up on this auto. KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.