Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this car is going to be the death of me. Hahaha. A few weeks ago had an issue with the vent door actuator not functioning properly. Replaced the actuator and it was working fine. Then one day was driving down the highway with the heat blasting. The guages on my car all dropped to 0 and radio shut off for about five seconds and the engine light came on then everything came back on. About 20 min later same thing happened then the lights for the temp control went into sync mode. Again I had the heat on. After sync mode completed for the hvac system I then lost heat. I think the car is thinking that when the thermostat is all the way to hot mode that it is set for cold, but won't reset because the actuator thinks hot is cold and can't adjust any lower.

Thoughts anyone? Computer issue? Any ideas on how to reset the system?

·
Super Moderator
6,108 Posts
There are three electrical problems associated with running the fan on high for extended periods. There is a connector, a resistor, and a switch that have melted, and any of them could cause a short that would drop power momentarily.

Not associated with the HVAC system, you could have a bad ground or a weak battery, either of which can cause really odd problems.

There is a procedure that will re-calibrate the temperature control, and a search will find it if someone doesn't post a link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts