Saturn Sky Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
If i wanted to make my GT look like the Redline you'd be correct. However i never felt the need to do that, i got an Opel, end of the story. Also like i said there are people who like going overboard, you see them all the time. Why would i need a reminder outside of my car for example about which model i have? Or inside the car about which brand my car is? Don't i know? Now if i was to add something more.....Unique into the mix sure (for example a Captain America color theme or anything that you don't see a lot) but adding Opel GT (some have added the side chrome markings inside the cabin as well) or Opel or Saturn or Sky Redline etc etc, well seems like a waste of time and money in my book.
Still people are different with different tastes so i am not judging, just pointing out that the Opel GT doesn't have the Opel insignia inside the doors (as for the color well ok others have placed white leather inside, again preferences).
In my humble opinion, I think adding an embossed logo into the door panels is a very subtle, unique idea. To me it looks cool and reflects the attention to detail that Skersfan added to his car. I do respect that you are entitled to your opinion, however there is a very good reason that his car is prominently featured on the banner of this website!

·
Registered
642 Posts
In my humble opinion, I think adding an embossed logo into the door panels is a very subtle, unique idea. To me it looks cool and reflects the attention to detail that Skersfan added to his car. I do respect that you are entitled to your opinion, however there is a very good reason that his car is prominently featured on the banner of this website!
The exterior is featured, not the panels. As to the why it matters very little to me, like i said, it all comes down to personal preference. I'd never do what Skersfan did to the door panels, but i am i and he is he.

PS: I'm an Opel guy, i had the Lotus Opel Omega A (3.6l) in the late 90's, the Opel Omega B version B (Executive Package 2.5l V6) in 2002 (got it half/half with my father - still have it in good condition), the Opel Astra H 1.8l Cosmo in 2005 and the Opel GT in 2009. Bottom line i used to like the brand a lot, still not that much to want to see their logo everywhere.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Do White Walls count :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Robotech - Enough with the negative vibes, man. Woof... woof,woof.

I actually used the towel solution on my 2007 but the ventilation was minimal. Gotta love my Linc with its ventilated/cooled/heated leather.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts