Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sory for this but I have to vent...

There are over 700 RedLine allocations NATIONALLY and the Retailer I work for has gotten a BIG FAT ZERO. :brentil: How can this be????? :banghead:

Last week we where told that there was a COMPUTER MALFUNCTION and that THIS WEEK we should get ONE (1) RedLine Allocation and maybe even TWO (2) to, so to speak "catch us up" to the rest; well guess what, another week gone by and ZERO RedLine Allocation. :mad:

We have a total of THIRTY (30) SKYs entered as Preliminary Orders and of those, EIGHTEEN (18) of them are for RedLines. Of those RedLines, SEVEN (7) are for direct customers of mine and one of those is for my Personal RedLine SKY. We have already delivered THIRTEEN (13) SKYs this year...

I'm 100% frustrated about this and I'm sure all my customer will too. I know that at least 4 of my customers come to this forum to get updated from me and keep a close eye on their orders as well. If we don't start getting RedLine allocation now we will not be able to fill all the orders we have and we will end up dissapointing many a costumer. :nono:

I'm sorry about this but even I get fed up with crap like this... We are one of the largest volume Saturn Retailers in the SouthEast, a region that sells a lot of convertibles, and I just can't see why we have not gotten any RedLine allocations... :banghead:

I'm almost to the point of going into hiding and forgetting about the SKY for a while. It's hard to explain how frustrating this is to me!!!

Regards,

:mad: BA :mad:

·
Registered
607 Posts
:agree: :yesnod: :agree: :yesnod: :agree: :yesnod:

We feel your pain!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hang in there

Isn't your owner furious too. He should be on the phone to his regional rep and getting some answers for you. He is losing credibility and customers he should be tearing up the phone lines.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

There are over 700 RedLine allocations NATIONALLY and the Retailer I work for has gotten a BIG FAT ZERO. :brentil: How can this be????? :banghead:

Last week we where told that there was a COMPUTER MALFUNCTION and that THIS WEEK we should get ONE (1) RedLine Allocation and maybe even TWO (2) to, so to speak "catch us up" to the rest; well guess what, another week gone by and ZERO RedLine Allocation. :mad:

We have a total of THIRTY (30) SKYs entered as Preliminary Orders and of those, EIGHTEEN (18) of them are for RedLines. Of those RedLines, SEVEN (7) are for direct customers of mine and one of those is for my Personal RedLine SKY.

I'm 100% frustrated about this and I'm sure all my customer will too. I know that at least 4 of my customers come to this forum to get updated from me and keep a close eye on their orders as well. If we don't start getting RedLine allocation now we will not be able to fill all the orders we have and we will end up dissapointing many a costumer. :nono:

I'm sorry about this but even I get fed up with crap like this... We are one of the largest volume Saturn Retailers in the SouthEast, a region that sells a lot of convertibles, and I just can't see why we have not gotten any RedLine allocations... :banghead:

I'm almost to the point of going into hiding and forgetting about the SKY for a while. It's hard to explain how frustrating this is to me!!!

Regards,

Rant away ! My dealership is pretty large for New England. Sold 16 -2006 Solstice. Pontiac Sales went up last year. Still hasn't gotten a GXP allocation. Yet some dealerships have gotten 2 some 3. This is total BS as far as I'm concern how GM is doing this allocation process.

·
Registered
171 Posts

We have a total of THIRTY (30) SKYs entered as Preliminary Orders and of those, EIGHTEEN (18) of them are for RedLines. Of those RedLines, SEVEN (7) are for direct customers of mine and one of those is for my Personal RedLine SKY.

Regards,

Sounds like you guys should automatically get a "hot ticket" placed on your orders when the allocations finally get worked out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thats crazy. we already have 2 RLs coming this month, and then getting 2 more over the next 2 months.

thats cool that you're getting one though. any breaks for being an employee?

I can't can't even get one for MSRP, and i WORK for Saturn. lol.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thats crazy. we already have 2 RLs coming this month, and then getting 2 more over the next 2 months.

thats cool that you're getting one though. any breaks for being an employee?

I can't can't even get one for MSRP, and i WORK for Saturn. lol.
I have been told that there will be NO DISCOUNTS on SKYs for employees at all!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Sounds like you guys should automatically get a "hot ticket" placed on your orders when the allocations finally get worked out.

You don't hot ticket orders. You expedite them. You can Hot ticket the car when it's available to ship. There is a difference. Just to clarify.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually, I know how you feel, We haven't had any Redline allocations in 3 weeks. One order at 3400, and one being shipped (or bayed) for 1 week.
22 sitting in prelimanary. Its hard on our customers.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
just in the infancy of ordering

I guess I can really sympathize. I put down a deposit at the dealership in Hartford on 8-31, and was told there were 14 in front of me, and that it would take at least 12 months. Was told it was probably going to be a 2008.!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
You don't hot ticket orders. You expedite them. You can Hot ticket the car when it's available to ship. There is a difference. Just to clarify.
Thank you for setting me straight. The hot ticket applies only to delivery. Gotcha :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Sounds like when the Solstice came out.

Shouldn't you be able to see your future allocations through the Allocation Reports Sky Spy? I know those show allocations and their week of allocation out till the end of Sept.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Allocation Chaos?

Rant away ! My dealership is pretty large for New England. Sold 16 -2006 Solstice. Pontiac Sales went up last year. Still hasn't gotten a GXP allocation. Yet some dealerships have gotten 2 some 3. This is total BS as far as I'm concern how GM is doing this allocation process.
:agree:. Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada with only two Saturn dealers so they must move a huge percentage of all the Saturn vehicles sold in Canada. Yet I find out some guy http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7816 in Winnipeg (where's Winnipeg, you ask? No offense, but relatively speaking it's the middle of freaking nowhere:willy:) goes in July and is getting a Red Line delivered by November? And I'm told I'll be waiting at LEAST a year! WTF? :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like when the Solstice came out.

Shouldn't you be able to see your future allocations through the Allocation Reports Sky Spy? I know those show allocations and their week of allocation out till the end of Sept.
The latest allocation report has no more SKY at all for the month of September... :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead:

Oh well... :rolleyes: Out of my hands!!!

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Actually, I know how you feel, We haven't had any Redline allocations in 3 weeks. One order at 3400, and one being shipped (or bayed) for 1 week.
22 sitting in prelimanary. Its hard on our customers.
Not to be mean, but I really could give a rip if you've gone 3 weeks without getting an RL allocation. You've already got 2. I am on the list at the highest volume dealer in Cincinnati, and they've yet to receive an allocation yet either. I would have thought that after 5 weeks of allocations, and over 700 cars allocated around the country, we would have had at least ONE come to Cincinnati by now.

The latest allocation report has no more SKY at all for the month of September... :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead:
You can see the allocation report for the whole month? Or are you saying that your dealer has no SKYs with TPPs for the month of September?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You can see the allocation report for the whole month? Or are you saying that your dealer has no SKYs with TPPs for the month of September?
Allocation Reports are available to dealerships out till the last week of Sept. On Sept 17th they'll update the info till the end of Oct. GM is doing monthly week/week allocations with dealerships now instead of the "you get 15 cars this 3 month cycle" like they were doing before.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not to be mean, but I really could give a rip if you've gone 3 weeks without getting an RL allocation. You've already got 2. I am on the list at the highest volume dealer in Cincinnati, and they've yet to receive an allocation yet either. I would have thought that after 5 weeks of allocations, and over 700 cars allocated around the country, we would have had at least ONE come to Cincinnati by now.

I have my order out of Cinci too, which dealership did you go with?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I guess I can really sympathize. I put down a deposit at the dealership in Hartford on 8-31, and was told there were 14 in front of me, and that it would take at least 12 months. Was told it was probably going to be a 2008.!!!!
If I were you I would call around. I'll bet you can get one sooner. Closer up on someone's list. It just takes alot of homework.

It's worth a shot.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts