Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the verizon will work. The demo I drove a few weeks ago had a verizon emblem next to onstar. The salesman said the car will have it's own phone number...Did I hear him right? Do I just add it to my existing service?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info...maybe it will be a phone I don't loose..

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I believe it is treated as a new phone on a minutes sharing package (Up to 5 phones the third through 5 being $9.99 more each). The $10.00 could be more if you only have one phone... The SKY being the second.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
We have 3 different Verizon accounts..... for our cell phones... since we have so many darn kids... anyway....... when we set up the phone for the Vue that we bought in January.. or maybe it was february.. anyway, we just bought a 100 minutes package for 15 bucks.. and got 30 free minutes for signing up with onstar phone system..... and the minutes are good for an entire year..... without the 100 minutes extra.... i think the minutes are only good for a certain period of time... like 3 months.... ...... ok..... then, we went up to our cabin last weekend and decided to put onstar back on the avalanche, since being way up in the woods our normal cells dont work well... no signal really..... we decided to get the same package as the Vue..... and... that vehicle got its own phone number too..... NOW............ when we pushed the nifty little button on my SKY.... we were greeted very nicely by an onstar rep... and she explained our onstar service on that car and then we inquired about adding my Sky on to one of our 3 accounts for cell phones.... well... we were informed that even if you have up to 4 other cells on that plan.. you still have to sign up for a NEW YEAR CONTRACT.. AND IT IS 120 BUCKS.... JUST LIKE A NEW PHONE..... and you share your minutes with your regular plan... then after the INITIAL 120 BUCKS OUT... there is the 10 monthly additional phone fee.... so..... if i am to have phone service in my Sky.... i will just have the ONSTAR service..... much cheaper and just as good....... SkyBaby-07

...........DISCLAIMER................ MY OPINION ONLY.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts