Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
That would be handy for tight parking spaces, assuming the guy next to you didn't have to open HIS door! :lol: $1600 is kind of steep though isn't it? I've seen door kits for other cars go for considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm kinda curious how that would work with the top up. I know the doors pop outwards first, but it still seems like it could pose a ton of problems since vertical doors and convertibles rarely intermingle.

·
Registered
316 Posts
when i had my sunfire back in the day. they were this high in price because no one made. as they became morepopular the price quite a bit, but it tool 3 or 4 years..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IBDRINKEN said:
when i had my sunfire back in the day. they were this high in price because no one made. as they became morepopular the price quite a bit, but it tool 3 or 4 years..
IBDRINKEN - UBDRINKEN right now??? ha ha ha awfully early isn't it? have one for me.

:cheers: :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks awesome on the SKY, goes well with it .. I also have Vertical Door Kit on my car... I paid $1,000 and did the labor myself...definitly an experience installing it lol

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I think the should be required on all cars. That way my doors would not get dinged.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Its borderline ridiculous, but I like it nonetheless.

I too would have concerns over the normal operation of the doors (such as opening with top up and windows up) and how well they would remain shut in the event of an accident.

Otherwise, I think adding any more "wow factor" to our car would be like driving around a brown note on wheels. I don't know how people could handle it.

It’s a shame they have such paranoia about people hijacking their photos so they cover them with those watermarks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
....looks like it can FLY:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
That would make this car unbelievably too cool. I already get crazy lookS!!! Wow that would make the over $40k car crew really jealous.

·
Registered
637 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Its borderline ridiculous, but I like it nonetheless.

I too would have concerns over the normal operation of the doors (such as opening with top up and windows up) and how well they would remain shut in the event of an accident.

Otherwise, I think adding any more "wow factor" to our car would be like driving around a brown note on wheels. I don't know how people could handle it.

It’s a shame they have such paranoia about people hijacking their photos so they cover them with those watermarks.
SC2 said it...completely ridiculous, but cool at the same time...I'd be worried about lopping off someones foot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The VDI kit opens out and then up. To close it, simply pull the door down, then close it like normal. With the top down, I can get in and out without even lifting the door and I am 6'2". The kit works well with the top up or down.

If any Southern California people want to try it out in person, you can come by my shop. I have these doors on all three of my cars.

Jim

·
Registered
316 Posts
I can vouch for jim he is a very good and reputable shop. I have dealt with him plenty of times over on the j-body board.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where are you in So Cal? How long does it take to install?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sweet I have family there I might have to come down and get mine done...It looks too sweet to pass up.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sweet!!!! I was wondering if they were going to make these, I have a set on my delsol (which is uninstalled at this point for painting) and had a set on my integra type r. 1600 isnt bad for a bolt on kit, if you all are interested in this kit make sure you spend the extra money, my friend put an imitation on his delsol and his drivers door fell and screwed up alot of things due to the hinge failing. I have used and installed several vdc kits they are very good quality, like the saying goes if its cheaper there's probably a reason (its usually cheaper materials or lower quality)

thanks for the info, this is a definite for me when I get my sky:thumbs:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think it makes a fine car look like crap! Keep in mind when you get ready to sell it you have to find a buyer that is of the same liking as you. But then I don't like suicide doors on streetrods either.:cool:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I can see the appeal, but I'm not sure I like it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts