Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so spring is coming up in a couple months, and I have been already getting some questions about a group buy on these doors since we have done them in the past. Well time to start getting the car ready for the warm driving season coming up, because we got a call from the VDI and they have offered us an incredible deal to pass along to everyone for the next week. So starting today we are going to have a group buy on the vertical doors. This is going to be different than the group buys in the past in that as long as we get 3 people, everyone gets the best price we have ever offered on these. So here is a little more of the details:

*** We can not post the pricing as it was too low to advertise Give us a call or PM us for the status of the group buy and what the current price is at. ***

So if you have been thinking about getting a set of VDI’s for your Sky,Solstice or Opel (yes we can ship these overseas), here is your chance at the best deal on them. These are not the cheap universal kits sold on Ebay, but instead actual VDI kits that will ship directly from VDI directly to you, so that you know if you have any problems with them we will be there to service them for you.

So here is the Breakdown:

Full Retail - $1895

Our normal price $1299

For the group buy we are going to offer the following

This group buy starts at 3 kits and we will go from there:

3 or more sets - Really Crazy big savings, the best price we have ever been able to offer!

VDI has offered us the best offer ever on these because of how well the last group buys have gone. This offer is going to extend a week through the weekend and will end next Tuesday the 26th at Midnight. To place your order, just give us a call at 864-907-6004 or send us an email at [email protected] and we will get you on the list.

You can also place your order through the website , just use the coupon code "bestprice" during checkout and the sale price will be shown.
Once the group buy ends they are quoting us 2-3 weeks to ship. They may be able to get some of the kits ready before that, but we can not guarantee that. I am going to stress this again, we have no control over the time it takes VDI to get these made and it may take longer, if you must have them right now, please do not order them in this group buy. However this is the best deal we have ever offered for the door kit.

More information here:

Sky's - http://www.ddmworks.com/sky/exterior/vdi_vertical_door_sky.html

Solstice - http://www.ddmworks.com/solstice/exterior/vdi_vertical_door_sol.html

We can do installations here at the shop, if you are interested in install, just contact us for pricing and times available

PM me for details of the group buy and I will get you the price.

Thanks,
Dave

If you have any questions, let us know.

*** We can not post the pricing as it was too low to advertise Give us a call or PM us for the status of the group buy and what the current price is at. ***

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a little update, we have already passed the minimum 3 kits needed for this group buy to work!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just a little update, we have already passed the minimum 3 kits needed for this group buy to work!
So does that make the price even sweeter than what came up when I ran the "bestprice" code???

Are you guys willing to share the installation instructions? I am very interested in what exactly needs to be trimmed. As long as I am comfortable with that, I am in for a kit.

·
Registered
669 Posts
if i could find someone
in my area to install them i would be in
i dont feel comfortable enough to do this
and my hid fog/low beam and vender lights

any one out there to help

plainfield il

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you guys willing to share the installation instructions? I am very interested in what exactly needs to be trimmed. As long as I am comfortable with that, I am in for a kit.
I was going to ask the same thing -- is it the same as the solstice instructions that are on the net? dealing with the support bracket and the washer bucket?

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Cool

This is a great price.:):thumbs:

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to ask the same thing -- is it the same as the solstice instructions that are on the net? dealing with the support bracket and the washer bucket?
The instructions do come with the kit, but really the ones that Joe posted over at Kappaperformance are much better then what is included with the kit. The Sky's are actually easier to install than the Solstice since you do not have to do as much trimming to install them.

Hope that helps!
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Dave installed mine and did a great job. I have since had them off twice. My painter, Joe has removed and replaced them to do painting on the car and / or doors. If you are close to Colorado, I can recommend him

·
Registered
319 Posts
The instructions do come with the kit, but really the ones that Joe posted over at Kappaperformance are much better then what is included with the kit. The Sky's are actually easier to install than the Solstice since you do not have to do as much trimming to install them.

Hope that helps!
Dave
i just flipped through those instructions on the kp site and i have to say it doesn't look like that hard of an install, it makes me rethink getting one of these kits.

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just flipped through those instructions on the kp site and i have to say it doesn't look like that hard of an install, it makes me rethink getting one of these kits.
We have installed more of these than anyone, and they really are relatively easy to install. The part that really takes the most time is getting the fenders and doors all lined back up and making little adjustments.

Hope that helps!
Dave

·
Registered
669 Posts
has anyone in IL had this done
and who did it
thanks

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Talked to Dave Last week and purchased the vertical door kit but, I'm going to take the easy way out and have DDm install them in Feb along with some other Mods. If you've ever thought of doing this mod now is the time, Dave is offering an absolutly Great price. Don't miss out.:thumbs:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Talked to Dave Last week and purchased the vertical door kit but, I'm going to take the easy way out and have DDm install them in Feb along with some other Mods. If you've ever thought of doing this mod now is the time, Dave is offering an absolutly Great price. Don't miss out.:thumbs:

Bill, you're one step ahead of me !! I'm trying get this one approved by the 'Boss', but she didn't go for it. You know that I'll keep trying, so maybe if I tell her that you're getting them then she might budge a little.
It is a great deal !

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is their any video's around the internet that shows the installation of these vertical-door-hinges on a SKY?
I have not seen any videos of the install, we are doing one here coming up and will see if we can video document the install with tips and tricks.

Dave

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Moondog- My boss does'nt want the vertical doors, but she has'nt wanted any of the Mods before I got them, then after she loves them. So I'm hoping that after I get them installed she'll like them as well. If not oh well she never stays mad long. You'll never get this good of a price again, Suzanne will love them. Take the plunge:banghead:

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again for the orders, and just a reminder that the sale ends tomorrow.

Dave

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dave I am confused. You tell me the kits are different for the Sky and the Solstice yet when I had asked VDI they tell me they are the same.
I bought a Solstice set from someone from the Solstice forum that got them on the last group buy but had changed their mind about installing them.
Are they not going to work on my Sky?
Thank You
Darryl

Maybe someone can post what the shock is charged for on the Solstice and on what it is on the Sky.

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dave I am confused. You tell me the kits are different for the Sky and the Solstice yet when I had asked VDI they tell me they are the same.
I bought a Solstice set from someone from the Solstice forum that got them on the last group buy but had changed their mind about installing them.
Are they not going to work on my Sky?
Thank You
Darryl

Maybe someone can post what the shock is charged for on the Solstice and on what it is on the Sky.
All of the hardware for the 2 kits are the same, except for the gas cylinders which I was told was slightly different between the 2 kits. We have installed a kit that was made for a sky on a Solstice without any problems, so you should be fine.

Hope that helps,
Dave

1 - 20 of 37 Posts