Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:willy: So I'm on Vacation...chilling my Newly Pained Tattooed body under a coconut Palm on my wireless and I was just doing a General Sky search on Google....I came across a very interesting image :eek: and was thinking it was worth posting here for the Forum...:)

First off sorry about the WATER MARKING on the image...it's the only one I found and it was on a Euro website where there was no ENGLISH!

The image below is that of the SKY ROADSTER under the OPEL GT badge which is clearly seen on the REAR END...

This image clearly shows a CENTER EXHAUST as the Vauxhall VX Lightning Concept had...it also has the TAILLIGHTS that the Vauxhall VX Lightning Concept had as well...Also check out the indention of the THIRD BRAKE LIGHT...I am in love with this rear end...lol...No seriously...Lets talk about this...

Is this the official Opel GT?

What's going on here?

It has a EUROPEAN plate but the drivers side is on the LEFT like it is here in the US?

This is the first time I have seen this image and I know many of you HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS IMAGE BEFORE!

I hope it starts some conversation...Personally I would like to know more about this image as well! :thumbs:

Alohas :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Saw that pic several months ago so I don't believe its the Opel GT.

Is a nice car tho I doubt we'll ever see one in the US. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
In that same article picture number 15 is a Saturn Sky. If GM had built this one I would not have bought it.:eek:
sky concept.jpg

·
Registered
304 Posts
It is not. As mentioned above the Opel GT has dual exhaust. Also, it shows the red dash, which unfortunately was removed from both the Sky & GT.

Here are some pics of one.

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's the initial concept car, I think.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Had to be a preliminary mock-up. It was dated 2004.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
bradyb said:
That's the initial concept car, I think.
Bradyb is correct, this was an older Opel concept/photochop car. There is no longer any intentions to develop that particular car since we know the new Opel GT is the rebadged Sky RL.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mahalos

Mahalos for the good info all!

I do have a question...I am very interested in some after market rear lights like the one on that concept car...:eek:

What are the chances of this coming to pass? :confused:

Aftermarket Parts seem to be coming very slow for the Sky...Because of the low production of these cars do any of you think this will hinder aftermarket manufacturers from producing such items?

There are PLENTY of after market head and tail lights for civics but look at how many civics have been produced!

I see the Solstice and Sky as being two cars that will GREATLY BENIFIT from aftermarket parts and accessories! :willy:

I keep looking in the JAP CAR MAGS for that first look at aftermarket parts for these cars...I'm still waiting...no one in the Jap market seems to be jumping on yet. Maybe when the opel GT starts up over there we will start getting the GOODS over here!

Alohas :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's a limited production car... you aren't going to have as much stuff as your everyday import car has. And what you do get is probably going to cost a little more to cover the higher cost of not selling as many.

Why would you look in an import car magazine for parts to a domestic car? That's like picking up a sport tuner magazine and looking for mustang restoration parts...

I think many people couldn't be happier with the way the sky comes now, I don't think you'll see a huge industry here.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
MEGAS said:
it's the Vauxhall VX Lightning concept ,let's say father of kappa brothers

http://archive.cardesignnews.com/news/2003/030514vauxhall-lightning/
Actually the Vauxhall VX Lightning concept is more of the bastard offspring of the Solstice. It IS a Solstice with a Vauxhall designed skin thrown on it. The Solstice+Kappa is 100% USA Grade A Roadster and came out 2+ years as a concept before the VX Lightning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts