Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- if anyone has a gas cap flap rubber thing that makes the gas
Cap flap not touch the body of the car - the only thing I can think to call it is a bumper maybe.

it’s on the actual swing out part (the gas flap) and it makes it align and not touch the body of the car when closed
I am in baldwin NY but it would
Be tiny to ship to me anyway

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Hold on a cotton-pickin' moment here! I just went and looked at my Solstice and there is NO rubber bumper on my car, and never has been! Are you sure yours have one? Is this another, previously unknown difference between Sols and Skys? Inquiring minds want to know!

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood

I should point out that the black round thing at the 3-o'clock position is a hard rivet, just like those at 7 & 10-o'clock

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
43 Posts
I should point out that the black round thing at the 3-o'clock position is a hard rivet, just like those at 7 & 10-o'clock
Hey now hold up Tomato! It seems to me that this here "hard rivet" at the 3-oclock is a hole that both the Sols and Skys share. Could this be the spot for said bumper🤔
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
It's definitely a hard point, and there has never been anything there since new. Plus, my gas cap sits just fine and does not rattle or make any loud clunk when closed.

I looked on a parts site, and see no rubber bumper mentioned...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yeah my Solstice GXP never had one either since new and I hazard to guess that the door would sit proud of the body if I were to install one.

As others have said, yeah it IS strange.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I guess I got everyone checking their fuel fills . Thanks for all the info - I will
See if I can order one because without it, the cap sits inward and isn’t aligned with the body

1 - 20 of 51 Posts