Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I wonder if the rubber bumper fits inside the rivet. My door works fine and fits fine, but a low profile rubber bumper just might make it better yet.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
But mine is flush WITHOUT the nubbin (love that word!), which makes me think it doesn't do a lot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My March '08 Standard Sky, has the nibbun, and sits flush. However my fuel door is about 1/16" too close to the drivers door. Does anyone know how, or if this can be adjusted?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
My fuel door is sticking out with the rubber piece about 1-2/16th of an inch and bugs the hell out me. My fuel collar is held in place by 3 screw bolts so I wonder if the fuel tank had been removed at some point in its life? Mine is a 2007 model with less than 6000 miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello- if anyone has a gas cap flap rubber thing that makes the gas
Cap flap not touch the body of the car - the only thing I can think to call it is a bumper maybe.

it’s on the actual swing out part (the gas flap) and it makes it align and not touch the body of the car when closed
I am in baldwin NY but it would
Be tiny to ship to me anyway
Those are common General Motors Vehicles.
My Avalanche had two.
Haven't looked at the Sky or GMC Sierra.
Should be easy to get at GM dealership.
Cap flap not touch the body of the car - the only thing I can think to call it is a bumper maybe.

it’s on the actual swing out part (the gas flap) and it makes it align and not touch the body of the car when closed

Common GM part.
My Avalanche has two.
Haven't checked my SKY or GMC Sierra.
Should be able to get these at GM parts counter.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My fuel door is sticking out with the rubber piece about 1-2/16th of an inch and bugs the hell out me. My fuel collar is held in place by 3 screw bolts so I wonder if the fuel tank had been removed at some point in its life? Mine is a 2007 model with less than 6000 miles.
Take a tiny bit off with a razor blade

·
Registered
881 Posts
It might not even be the "nubbin" that is your issue. My 2008 was sticking out about 3/16" when we picked it up about 2 years ago. Apparently some of the Skys had this issue as I found a couple older threads for the fix. It involved pulling the trunk liner, opening up the hatch above the fuel tank, and loosening up the bolt on the hose that attaches to the fuel neck. I was able to slide my fuel neck in just enough to make up the slack and it solved the problem of the lid sticking out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
If the original went missing, the first replacement may also.
Or was the original in there to begin with on some cars - I can’t see it “backing out” -

I sure have created quite a discussion with one question.
Love forums with good nice polite helpful and respectful people
We are all in one big Kappa together ! ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Play dealer by me and Freeport New York says the closest places in Massachusetts that stocks it so it’ll be 10 to 14 days to ship it so I’m gonna go to the help section at AutoZone and see if maybe they have something comparable

21 - 40 of 44 Posts