Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Delnari said:
I won't have the engine numbers until later on, stay tune! This is really exciting as the supercharger version of the current Saturn ION Redline is not the engine choice for the Sky Redline. Meaning that the Sky should be getting more horsepower than the 205 hp version now on the 2.0L Redline.
I'd welcome anything in excess of 225HP. Thanks for the "rumor". We'll see if it holds up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
omfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgom... you get the idea :D I don't care if this is just a rumor or not, it made me horny either way... LOL

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
101jinx101 said:
omfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgom... you get the idea :D I don't care if this is just a rumor or not, it made me horny either way... LOL
Note to self: Do not get janitor job at Saturn retailer before Sky RedLine launch.

After reading the posts from the last day or so, I'm hoping these cars come with a uh.. hand towel. I know I'll need one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree...Hand towels must be standard equipment. In fact, maybe even a hand towel dispenser might be in the works. :D

I'm am STILL in shock as to how sexy this car has been allowed to be. I really hope, really really hope, that GM, in it's endless wisdom, doesn't squash this whole project at the last second. That would be a great tradegy. :banghead:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not a chance this time...

Rainier said:
... I'm am STILL in shock as to how sexy this car has been allowed to be. I really hope, really really hope, that GM, in it's endless wisdom, doesn't squash this whole project at the last second. That would be a great tradegy. :banghead:
Never doubt the ability of GM to kill a product... but this one will LIVE ON! Too bad it will take them that long to bring the SKY out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Marc NY said:
Never doubt the ability of GM to kill a product... but this one will LIVE ON! Too bad it will take them that long to bring the SKY out. :rolleyes:
I agree with all three of what you just said.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They're going to have to keep a person constantly watching the Sky Red Line in the showroom, so that they can keep drool off of it.

I can't wait.
:willy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
it's nice that Saturn is stepping away from being GM's redheaded stepchild...

with the Ion Redline, we got the quirks first, and the cobalt will reap the rewards, the Solstice seems to be doomed for the quirks, while the SKY will reap them!

long live saturn! i know i'll be first in my area to put $ down on a redline version, it'll complement my redline collection.

i've got an ION red line as a daily driver by the way, hopefully the wife'll buy a VUE Red Line, and i'll get the SKY Red Line for my fun car

·
Registered
109 Posts
Man I will have to wait until June 21 that sucks.....oh well gives me more time to save up more money, plus I will be getting a new job so it will give me more time to be at my new job (to make sure i like the job before purchasing a new car)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, that's pretty sweet, let's hope the rumors aren't too totally overblown. :cheers:

Personally, I'm happy to wait for a Red Line, even if it is over a year away. Maybe I'll put off buying that new sport bike and use the $10k as a down payment on the Sky... After all, it's basically a sport bike with 4 wheels and a trunk. Oh, yeah, and an optional roof, but that's just to keep the bird poo off the interior when it's parked. :mad:

Let's hear it for boost! :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
just watch out for powerlines and overhanging tree branches, you'll be fine :D I hope they accept IOU's and bits of string as a down payment, as well :rolleyes: lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm very pleased with that timeline, if it proves accurate-- I need the time to save my pennies anyway-- the more I pay upfront the less I have to finance.

I HATE financing.

Redline....mmmmmmmmm.....!

·
Registered
45 Posts
mdlestat said:
I'm very pleased with that timeline, if it proves accurate-- I need the time to save my pennies anyway-- the more I pay upfront the less I have to finance.

I HATE financing.

Redline....mmmmmmmmm.....!
You and me both man... I didn't mind not having a massive down payment on my Red Line Vue since I got 0% APR, but I somehow doubt they'll offer that sweet of a deal on a Red Line Sky, ever. :banghead:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Marc NY said:
What I believe I heard was 235 HP... ???
From the only source I've read it from, 253HP, turbocharged 2.0L, from here: http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showthread.php?t=12564
All the other online sources I've found point to that site.

Seems an odd number... I wouldn't doubt it to be true because of that. I love the Sky, but my money's waiting for the Sky Redline :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
$$$

Can you all say 30K+ for this redline beauty? As I asked before...Is this a good value in lieu of the other competitors at this price point? Since I wanted the blown Kappa all along, I guess I will have to see what the H-P Solstice is going to cost before I place an order for the Sky. As far as my personal price ceiling... Well the Sky is not the limit, it's my bank account! :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts