Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to post a new thread here to put up videos from the first annual Chase the Sun Run event this weekend. I have more video to post but we'll start with the Fallbrook/DeLuz/Santa Rosa Plateau/Lake Elsinore section of the ride. I'll be working on the other videos of the Montezuma's Grade, Ortega Highway/Dana Point and Palomar Mountain videos.

·
7,014 Posts
Just wanted to post a new thread here to put up videos from the first annual Chase the Sun Run event this weekend
Hey Robo, was that video taken from the side of a Studebaker! :jester:
Nice run, thanks for shearing the video! :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Robo, was that video taken from the side of a Studebaker! :jester:
No I swear it wasn't. LOL It is bouncy as heck for two reasons. One, the suspension was cranked up to firm on the car and two, the road is rough as hell.

If you think this one is bad wait until you see the start of the one coming out of Salton City. The movie Cloverfield looks highly stabilized comparatively speaking.

·
7,014 Posts
No I swear it wasn't. LOL It is bouncy as heck for two reasons. One, the suspension was cranked up to firm on the car and two, the road is rough as hell.

If you think this one is bad wait until you see the start of the one coming out of Salton City. The movie Cloverfield looks highly stabilized comparatively speaking.
Once again thank you very much for shearing these videos with us unfortunate that could not go.... :thumbs:

Besides the noise, the camera angle made the shot look like the car had big old time fenders.. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL...ahhh...I get it now! LOL I think next time I try that angle I'm going to angle the camera out a bit more to get less of the car and more of the scenery around it. First time trying that shot.

·
7,014 Posts
LOL...ahhh...I get it now! LOL I think next time I try that angle I'm going to angle the camera out a bit more to get less of the car and more of the scenery around it. First time trying that shot.
Well Robo you get a C+ this time because of the angle of the camera and noise in the background. Hope to see an improvement on your next video! :lol:
Keep them coming, I just joking with ya! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then this one should make you puke MM. LOL This road was very rough and that, coupled with the firm suspension, makes it VERY shaky.

As for the background noise, not sure how to get rid of the wind noise at this speed. Wish I knew how they edited it or how they set up the camera to keep the wind noise down to nill.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
The rattling noise is the camera base I think. There is a rubber grommet or something to stop some of that. I had the same noise on one of my off road videos.

·
7,014 Posts
Then this one should make you puke MM. LOL This road was very rough and that, coupled with the firm suspension, makes it VERY shaky.

As for the background noise, not sure how to get rid of the wind noise at this speed. Wish I knew how they edited it or how they set up the camera to keep the wind noise down to nill.
Hey Robo, did you speed the video up or were you guys hitting 80mph.. :lol:
It's better then the last video as far as view angle, but was hopping in seeing California Palm trees and a few rich people houses..... :D
This video is rated a B from the MARVIC rating system..... :cool:
Keep them coming and thanks for shearing!! :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Robo, did you speed the video up or were you guys hitting 80mph.. :lol:
It's better then the last video as far as view angle, but was hopping in seeing California Palm trees and a few rich people houses..... :D
This video is rated a B from the MARVIC rating system..... :cool:
Keep them coming and thanks for shearing!! :thumbs:
No speeding the video up...and I can neither confirm nor deny how fast we were going...I was too busy looking at the road. :)

Sadly you wouldn't see rich people houses out in Salton Sea. Now Dana Point would be another story had we continued up the coast. Next year I'll be sure to put in a requests for rich homes...

·
7,014 Posts
No speeding the video up...and I can neither confirm nor deny how fast we were going...I was too busy looking at the road. :)

Sadly you wouldn't see rich people houses out in Salton Sea. Now Dana Point would be another story had we continued up the coast. Next year I'll be sure to put in a requests for rich homes...
At one point in the video (beginning) you guys were going pretty fast for a caravan of cars... :lol:

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At one point in the video (beginning) you guys were going pretty fast for a caravan of cars... :lol:
If it is where you can see the whole procession, we were doing 55, the speed limit out there...and I had a driver on the radio asking if we could speed up.

If it's where I lose the group...well...it was a two lane road with no intersections or driveways so the chances of people getting in between us were low. In each time I did that I think we only had two cars get in our line and that was on Palomar...and I'm not even sure HOW we got that spread out. Even so, everyone caught back up in each case just fine.

·
7,014 Posts
CHICKEN...:lol: It is ironic that my condo has an identical sign...only in Green.
Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Checkin Checken Chicken Chicken
You mean to tell me you have the same sign that says "Palm Coast"!!!! :skep:

·
7,014 Posts
If it is where you can see the whole procession, we were doing 55, the speed limit out there...and I had a driver on the radio asking if we could speed up.

If it's where I lose the group...well...it was a two lane road with no intersections or driveways so the chances of people getting in between us were low. In each time I did that I think we only had two cars get in our line and that was on Palomar...and I'm not even sure HOW we got that spread out. Even so, everyone caught back up in each case just fine.
Someone is always going to be either going to be to fast or slow, it happens all the time...
I once was on the rear following others on a run to Bear Mountain, found out the leader was about 2 miles ahead of us with very few cars following him.... :lol:

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Someone is always going to be either going to be to fast or slow, it happens all the time...
I once was on the rear following others on a run to Bear Mountain, found out the leader was about 2 miles ahead of us with very few cars following him.... :lol:
Good to know that. I've gone on a few runs and usually try and stay up front but this was my first time planning and leading one. Was very different being the one "setting the pace" so to speak. Learned a lot of lessons for the next one. I think you FL folks need to come out this way next year and give me pointers in real time! LOL

·
7,014 Posts
Good to know that. I've gone on a few runs and usually try and stay up front but this was my first time planning and leading one. Was very different being the one "setting the pace" so to speak. Learned a lot of lessons for the next one. I think you FL folks need to come out this way next year and give me pointers in real time! LOL
The trip to Bear Mountain was Up State NY...
All we have here in Fl. are flat roads, you can see for miles ahead of you!! :lol:
Mike I'm sure can't go to one of your runs, he gets nosebleed anything over 20' above sea level. :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts