Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone living in the lower mainland of Vancouver British Columbia, there is a SKY at the Landsdowne Saturn in Richmond. I'm third on the list. :thumbs: My salesperson emailed to let me know they have one on loan for the auto show at the end of March.
Of course I got off the phone and went right down there!:eek: She is one HOT car!!!!:drool: and I really can't stop thinking about the day I finally get mine. Now that I saw her I really can't wait. She is better than I thought. Got to go inside, opened up all the compartments (OK really not much storage, but that's what the mini van is for!) The only downfall was it's silver and I'm not a silver kind of girl. But she still is hot!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Msrp

Hey I'm 6th on the list there.

What did they tell you about selling? I asked 2 times and had 2 different answers. The first time one guy told me they are selling at MSRP, another time they were selling it for more than MSRP.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Did you get the origional concept car or a pre-production car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
It looks like a preproduction, but how can you tell? I'm going to sit in it this week sometime.

There's a big gap on the right side of the car between the right front panel and the hood, which was bigger than the left side, but it's only a small detail which I expect the real car to not have.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
First what colour is it? The detail of the rubber seal around the windshield is different on the concept than on the production cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Preproduction

The car is preproduction and does have some defaults but I tell you it was turning some heads and everyone in the show room was asking about how long they would have to wait to get one. They were shocked to here there were people waiting for a year already. It is silver, not quite the colour I like but never the less it is a sweet car.
As far as price, I haven't even asked! I have dealt with this dealership before and they have always been MSRP but I could see this car going for a bit more. I will deal when the time comes. Patience is a hard thing when you are so close yet so far. I'm just happy I got to see and touch one before I get mine. #3 on the list so I should get it before summer!:willy:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Consider youself lucky if you got to sit in it. Toronto's autoshow only got the concept and there was a security guard there to make sure no one attepted anything.:banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
I'm jealous

skybright said:
For anyone living in the lower mainland of Vancouver British Columbia, there is a SKY at the Landsdowne Saturn in Richmond. I'm third on the list. :thumbs: My salesperson emailed to let me know they have one on loan for the auto show at the end of March.
Of course I got off the phone and went right down there!:eek: She is one HOT car!!!!:drool: and I really can't stop thinking about the day I finally get mine. Now that I saw her I really can't wait. She is better than I thought. Got to go inside, opened up all the compartments (OK really not much storage, but that's what the mini van is for!) The only downfall was it's silver and I'm not a silver kind of girl. But she still is hot!!! :D
I'm in Ontario and we haven't had one here yet, unless your counting the car show. What colour did you order?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chloe said:
I'm in Ontario and we haven't had one here yet, unless your counting the car show. What colour did you order?
I ordered it in White but have been told white will not be one of the first colours our therefore I went for the Black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I won't need to go to Auto Show

rick112 said:
Consider youself lucky if you got to sit in it. Toronto's autoshow only got the concept and there was a security guard there to make sure no one attepted anything.:banghead:
Well lets see if this works, I've attached some pictures. It was a real treat to be able to sit and open up all the compartments. There really isn't much trunk space. Well when I go shoping I guess I have to go alone so that I can put the groceries in the passenger seat. Things will have to change.
Sky Maria.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
skybright said:
Well lets see if this works, I've attached some pictures. It was a real treat to be able to sit and open up all the compartments. There really isn't much trunk space. Well when I go shoping I guess I have to go alone so that I can put the groceries in the passenger seat. Things will have to change.
View attachment 802
I have to laugh -- Skybright has been a member since summer of 2005 and just now found that there is little trunk space....
I guess I am just too obsessed... I can see every inch of this car in my mind... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trunk Space

Rick Tinley Park said:
I have to laugh -- Skybright has been a member since summer of 2005 and just now found that there is little trunk space....
I guess I am just too obsessed... I can see every inch of this car in my mind... :)
Well you know Rick, I really tried to put that out of my head but got a reality kick when I got to see it. But if I need trunk space that is what the mini van is for. The Sky is all for fun!!!! As for being a memeber since summer of 2005 I really missed a lot because I just recently got to see how much info and fun you can have on these forums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
skybright said:
Well you know Rick, I really tried to put that out of my head but got a reality kick when I got to see it. But if I need trunk space that is what the mini van is for. The Sky is all for fun!!!! As for being a memeber since summer of 2005 I really missed a lot because I just recently got to see how much info and fun you can have on these forums.
I was just kidding -- more amazed at my total geekiness...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
skybright said:
Well lets see if this works, I've attached some pictures. It was a real treat to be able to sit and open up all the compartments. There really isn't much trunk space. Well when I go shoping I guess I have to go alone so that I can put the groceries in the passenger seat. Things will have to change.
View attachment 802
To bad the keys weren't in that one. You could have done a test run to the grocery:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Re: Sky at Landsdowne Saturn

Thanks for the info SKYBRITE.Checked her out on Monday.For everyone else she is Sliver,chrome wheels,black leather,full trim package and spoiler.She was shipped to this dealer because it was the closest to the Vancouver International Auto Show,March 31-April 7.The things that stood out for me that don`t come across in pictures very well,is it`s wide stance and the front grill.You don`t sit in a Sky you wear it.I was very impressed with the quality.The salesman was very proud of his new product and so he should been,I think it`s going to be the hit of this car show.I orderd GRAPHITE fully loaded.Licence GREYSKY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Northwest Sky Enthusiasts

Congrats on the visiting Sky. Be sure to take pictures and post them. Its always nice to see fresh pictures.

Also, at some point we (northwesterners) should all get together for a mini Kappa enthsiasts drive. I know a bunch of Solstice owners got together in Seattle for the Roadster show at the Qwest center this past weekend.

My hope (although God only knows at this point) is that I'll have my Sky by early to mid April (build date was March 4) so if you want to drive down, you're certainly welcome to squeel some tires and take her for a test drive if you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keys were in the car

nighttripper said:
To bad the keys weren't in that one. You could have done a test run to the grocery:lol:
Believe it or not the keys were in the compartment above the cup holder. I actually told the dealer I was going to take it for a spin but for some reason they didn't want to open the doors. So close but yet so far!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Some more pictures from Lansdowne Richmond.

The sales person said that this is a production car, but it's going to the autoshow when that comes around. They will sell the car after the autoshow.

I got a chance to sit in the car and take a look around. The dash was not as impressive as the concept model with the red leather and the sides were still somewhat plastic, but the doors are sturdy and heavy. The quality of the paint was nice, but I noticed some small scratches on the painted middle stick shift console as they are car paint colored, but of course that's to be expected.

They seemed to have fixed the side panel gap that I noticed before.

In the second picture, the keys are right by the stick shift. Very tempting indeed, but I'm planning to buy from them.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
skybright said:
Believe it or not the keys were in the compartment above the cup holder. I actually told the dealer I was going to take it for a spin but for some reason they didn't want to open the doors. So close but yet so far!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top