Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not been on the Forum much lately. My Mom passed away on 4/22 and I don't have much free time right now. But I wanted to share the good news with all of you. I was imaged back on 3/15. Got the call on Tuesday, 5/9 with my VIN. On Thursday, the 11th, I took an early lunch and drove an automatic Silver Pearl. Before I made it back to my office, my saleswoman had left me a message to call her. When I called her back, she asked me if I was sitting down. They had dropped off my car while we were out driving. Because of prior commitments I couldn't pick her up till this morning. The past day and a half was as hard as the 7 month wait rolled into one!
I had really liked the automatic the other day (the test drivers at Wilmington were right - it's fast and smooth), but I LOVE my 5 speed. It feels like I've been driving it all my life. Karen (world's best & most patient car saleswoman!) took me up to a parking lot for refresher shifting practice, so she was my official first passenger. I don't think I needed the practice after all - I haven't stalled her yet. My Dad was the first one brave enough to hit the highway with me. We went up to 90 for a few seconds then I tried to behave myself.
In my enthusiasm, I inadvertently took the keys for their next delivery! So guess who had to drive their SKY back to the dealer. Actually, my husband (who could care less about the car) drove over. Within one mile, he looked over and smiled and this car's pretty nice. Doesn't sound like much, but believe me - it's high praise from him! So we got to talk to more people at the dealership, including the very kind and forgiving couple waiting for their new ION. Then we took a little cruise, stopped by a friend's house, took a chance on the cloudy skies and put the top down anyway. People were breaking their necks to look at us. :cool:
My husband has to work this afternoon so we finally headed back home. Before he left I mentioned that maybe I would take a small solo ride. He just gave me the same smile as earlier, so I was almost out of the driveway before he was. I'm in south central PA and the forecast is calling for rain everyday for the next week. Since the sun was trying to come through I left the top down. I had a great 25 mile drive through mostly backroads. And everywhere I went, the sun followed me. So if you live around here and wondered what was up with the sun going in and out, she was riding with me! :)
This car is so much fun - whether you're going 35 or 75, curvy roads or straight ones. She reminds me very much of my '69 Dodge Charger. That only had a 318 in it, but it could tear up the road and was very nimble. Even looking out over that long hood feels very similar.
I couldn't be more pleased with this car. She really lifted my spirits today.

Thank you Wilmington UAW Employees and Saturn of Harrisburg!

VIN 2262 - Silver Pearl/Black Leather/Chrome Wheels/6 Disc/LSD
Name: Bat Out Of Hell II (Charger was the original - as my Mom said after she refused to ever ride in it again!)
Extras: "Pontiac" Mudflaps, Little Chromies, Chrome Deer Alerts, and
Kappasphere CAI

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
So nice.........

SILVER ANNIV said:
I've not been on the Forum much lately. My Mom passed away on 4/22 and I don't have much free time right now. But I wanted to share the good news with all of you. I was imaged back on 3/15. Got the call on Tuesday, 5/9 with my VIN. On Thursday, the 11th, I took an early lunch and drove an automatic Silver Pearl. Before I made it back to my office, my saleswoman had left me a message to call her. When I called her back, she asked me if I was sitting down. They had dropped off my car while we were out driving. Because of prior commitments I couldn't pick her up till this morning. The past day and a half was as hard as the 7 month wait rolled into one!
I had really liked the automatic the other day (the test drivers at Wilmington were right - it's fast and smooth), but I LOVE my 5 speed. It feels like I've been driving it all my life. Karen (world's best & most patient car saleswoman!) took me up to a parking lot for refresher shifting practice, so she was my official first passenger. I don't think I needed the practice after all - I haven't stalled her yet. My Dad was the first one brave enough to hit the highway with me. We went up to 90 for a few seconds then I tried to behave myself.
In my enthusiasm, I inadvertently took the keys for their next delivery! So guess who had to drive their SKY back to the dealer. Actually, my husband (who could care less about the car) drove over. Within one mile, he looked over and smiled and this car's pretty nice. Doesn't sound like much, but believe me - it's high praise from him! So we got to talk to more people at the dealership, including the very kind and forgiving couple waiting for their new ION. Then we took a little cruise, stopped by a friend's house, took a chance on the cloudy skies and put the top down anyway. People were breaking their necks to look at us. :cool:
My husband has to work this afternoon so we finally headed back home. Before he left I mentioned that maybe I would take a small solo ride. He just gave me the same smile as earlier, so I was almost out of the driveway before he was. I'm in south central PA and the forecast is calling for rain everyday for the next week. Since the sun was trying to come through I left the top down. I had a great 25 mile drive through mostly backroads. And everywhere I went, the sun followed me. So if you live around here and wondered what was up with the sun going in and out, she was riding with me! :)
This car is so much fun - whether you're going 35 or 75, curvy roads or straight ones. She reminds me very much of my '69 Dodge Charger. That only had a 318 in it, but it could tear up the road and was very nimble. Even looking out over that long hood feels very similar.
I couldn't be more pleased with this car. She really lifted my spirits today.

Thank you Wilmington UAW Employees and Saturn of Harrisburg!

VIN 2262 - Silver Pearl/Black Leather/Chrome Wheels/6 Disc/LSD
Name: Bat Out Of Hell II (Charger was the original - as my Mom said after she refused to ever ride in it again!)
Extras: "Pontiac" Mudflaps, Little Chromies, Chrome Deer Alerts, and
Kappasphere CAI
Iam waiting to thank the employees of Saturn of Carlisle Pike. Enjoy:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
congrats!!!!!!!!!

enjoy the ride!!!! beautiful car, just like the one i ordered!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
What a mixed bag of emotions for you right now...I am sorry that you lost your mother, and so close to Mother's Day...But send her a big Mother's day wish from me.
Although your mom wasn't much for the Charger, I'll bet it was her keeping the rain away for you on that ride. We can only celebrate the thought.:)
Rock on...

·
Registered
27 Posts
So sorry about your Mom.

Congrats on your SKY! I had to brush up on 5-speed too! (Practiced on an Ion and then the dealer demo SKY.) I picked mine up on Wed... it's been raining ever since, except for a short dry window on Thurs. afternoon. I managed a quick 10 miles (with DH coaching) then and it's been in the garage ever since. We have rain forecast for the next week solid...I'm so anxious to take the SKY for a drive. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Mom, Have good drives..God bless..Seal9

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
SILVER ANNIV said:
I'm in south central PA and the forecast is calling for rain everyday for the next week. Since the sun was trying to come through I left the top down. I had a great 25 mile drive through mostly backroads. And everywhere I went, the sun followed me. So if you live around here and wondered what was up with the sun going in and out, she was riding with me!
Sorry for your loss... Many happy memories will stay with you.

Congrats on the delivery... so happy you had a fun day of driving!!!

I wish I posted a car show that happened yesterday. Saturn only car show at Saturn of Carlisle Pike... right near you... Heck, if you picked it up at Saturn of Harrisburg, I probably was driving past you on my way when you were picking it up. lol.

Would have been great to have a SKY owner there... and not just the Sutliff demo. Although the Blue with Black/Tan was a beautiful car!!! :D It is a yearly show, so I will post it next year. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sorry about your mom. Congrats on the car. Looks like alot of us are taking delivery now....:thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts