Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Vin and ship, will get it's V8 from Mallett soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Getting the base package V8 + 3.73 differential and upgraded driveshaft.

3800 -- Produced 5/26/06
VIN = 3171
4150 -- 5/30/06

Graphite Sivler
Red Leather interior

·
Registered
182 Posts
CyaL8r said:
will get it's V8 from Mallett soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Wow, that should be interesting. What size/horsepower? Anything on the web to read about this?

Good luck!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
CyaL8r said:
Finally got my Vin and ship, will get it's V8 from Mallett soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Dang darlin, you'll be able to do wheelies with that engine under your hood!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Graphics

Well, I look at it this way...if I am paying $25k + for an upgrade...(and I am) then I want something to show that I have a unique car. First, the graphics are not that obvious. Nobody will even notice them until they catch up to you at the next light, at which point the jig is up anyway. If you really want a true sleeper, Mallett does offer a sleeper option which removes all external Mallett Badges. But I have heard the engine and trust me, even at idle anyone that knows anything about cars can tell it is not a 4-banger.

As far as warranty goes, this is not a factory car, so to expect factory warranty is just plain silly. I know of no other custom overhall of this scale that has any warranty at all. Even the current Turbo kits offered have a minimal warranty on parts only. This is 2 years on the entire conversion integration into the platform. And it does not void my GM parts warranty. Nobody else can say that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You should order some extra tires right now...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Block warranty

The answer is actually kinda tricky...I talked to Chuck Mallett extensively about this. They way that is works is you have to take the car into an "approved" Mallett shop for service. What this really means is someone who know not to plug the cars computer into the factory diagnositics because it will mess up the chip. This could be the local chevy/Saturn dealer, or it could be a custom shop. It depends on the problem. (Mallett has listings of shops they approve of by area). If the problem is with the GM factory parts that Mallett uses like the LS2, GM will honor the part's warranty and Mallett will proxy the labor and bill GM. Where it gets ugly is if you have to ship the car back to Mallett for the work...the transport, about $1000 each way if you live outside of Ohio, is not covered.

In my case I am not to worried because me and my buddies have a full service garage / workshop, so I will likely be calling up Mallett myself to do any work. I am really *trying* not to make this another project car, but keep it a daily driver...but we will see....you all know how that goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re:

CyaL8r said:

3800 -- Produced 5/26/06
VIN = 3171
4150 -- 5/30/06

Graphite Sivler
Red Leather interior

Just thought I'd give you a little preview of what's to come... Here's our Mallett Solstice w/ the 3.73 and "Loaded Package" which includes nicer springs/shocks, A/C, 19" wheels & tires, and big brake kit.

Here are some clips...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v433/auguy21/Mallett Solstice/?action=view&current=Solstice033.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v433/auguy21/Mallett Solstice/?action=view&current=Solstice034.flv

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice clips. Getting some wheel spin there going to 2nd? I did not get the mallett wheels, I am getting my own RRS wheels and getting 18" performance tires. This will be more of a daily driver for me and I can't see driving on 19" the 70 mile round trip to work everyday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts