Saturn Sky Forum banner

261 - 280 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Probably has already been asked...

How do you find the exact "born-on" date? My VIN sticker on the driver's side door frame says 12/08, but others of you have the exact date.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
How do you find the exact "born-on" date? My VIN sticker on the driver's side door frame says 12/08, but others of you have the exact date.:rolleyes:

Thanks!
The truth to this question...u do not really want answered. You would be arrested for homicide...but alas, all u plebes, tsk, tsk....there is a build sheet somewhere hidden in your car...when your car is born, it goes down the assembly line and each area has to sign it...it is somewhere hidden within your framework...to find it...u need to chop it up...or, take a look at your front side panel...open the driver's side door and look down...a birthdate is waiting to be found.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Please update my info..

Old Entry:
02424 | Midnight Blue | GByrnes | Unknown | Unknown | Clarkston, MI

New:
02424 | Midnight Blue | V8 SKY | Unknown | 5-24-06 | Clarkston, MI *** MALLET V8 UPGRADED

Can't wait for spring in Michigan!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The truth to this question...u do not really want answered. You would be arrested for homicide...but alas, all u plebes, tsk, tsk....there is a build sheet somewhere hidden in your car...when your car is born, it goes down the assembly line and each area has to sign it...it is somewhere hidden within your framework...to find it...u need to chop it up...or, take a look at your front side panel...open the driver's side door and look down...a birthdate is waiting to be found.
Huh? Sorry, marlboromike. You lost me. :rolleyes: I said before that I did look at the front side panel, and the gray sticker with the VIN says 12/08. I still don't get how others got a more exact date. So for the time being, I'll presume that the birthdate is December 2008. That being said:

Vin # | Color | Name | Born On Date | Delivered | Location
106676|Chili Pepper Red|NewSkyGuy|12/2008|November 17, 2009|Lancaster, Ohio

Besides, it's too freakin' cold in my garage to go hunting down some secret document.:willy: Maybe next spring.:D

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
It makes no difference for you...or any post 2007 cars...your true Vin# is unknown....the SENIOR members understand what I am talking about.

Welcome to OUR WORLD and Congratulations on your SMART PURCHASE.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where is all the dates located

Where do you find the build date and delivery date. I purchased a Black Onyx Redline on 12/3/09.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
The date on the dooor is the build month and year. Iffen you want to know the exact date that it came off the assembly line , well you have to go back in time and see where they put the build sheet on the Sky. I, when I had my Sky, knew the date cause the dealership at that time informed me when it was built and the day it was shipped and the day it arrived at the dealership...Them were the good ol days of worrying iffen something would happen between the time it got on the transport till it came to the dealership........Skip...:):D:)

·
Super Moderator
5,561 Posts
marlboromike : It makes no difference for you...or any post 2007 cars...your true Vin# is unknown....the SENIOR members understand what I am talking about.
The VIN is known. What is not known from the VIN is the production number.

2007 Skys had sequential VINs. 000252 was the 252nd Sky built, or at least the 252nd one to be assigned a VIN. Production is not always strictly sequential in any case. After 2007, all Kappa VINs were intermixed, so the number no longer indicated the sequence within the model, only within the platform.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You can add me to the list. I guess my signature has all the info you need.
You can PM me if you need anything more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
just wanted to add this one to the mix
Vin# 26025, sunburst yellow, myMIsky, born 01/07, delivered unkown, Flint, MI, REDLINE.
anyone have an idea on final breakdown of color by year?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is my info, at least without leaving my work, walking to the parking lot (aka: car detention) and finding the "build" date:

100498 | Black Onyx | as yet unnamed | unknown | 12.11.09 | Long Beach, CA
Black Top
Permagrin

·
Registered
122 Posts
Still doing this?
126683 | Silver | GeeTeeOh! | 03/13/2008 | 08/22/2008 | Aurora, IL *Redline*

·
Registered
5 Posts
If your still doing this

02356 | Silver | xrat | 05/06 ? | N/A | Johnson City, TN

Currently in NM with me, I'm in Air Force so it goes where ever I go!

·
Registered
44 Posts
121354 Midnight Blue blue rag top 12-06 1-07 Phila

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My 2007 SKY is VIN 100044. Yes it is an early one. My GM dealer has provided printed out information that the car came off the production line on December 16, 2005. It is Chili Pepper Red, automatic and non-turbo. The first owner is a current GM employee, whom I received his regards about the car via a friend who works currently at GM too. My posts are not been published to date, so I'll be a bit surprised if this one makes it either. I had given up on the website, but decided I'd give it another try when I saw your list.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My SKY's VIN's number is 100044, production line date December 16, 2005, CHILI PEPPER RED, FOUNTAIN HILLS, ARIZONA.

VAN Chevrolet, Scottsdale, AZ provided the date the car came off the assembly line in Delaware. The original owner was a GM employee and put the car in service in January 2006. I have that person's name, and have access to him via a friend who works for GM currently. The car is in perfect condition and has just under 22,000 miles.

I'm new to this blog and website, thus hoping my message will reach you. If I can provide other information, I would be glad to attempt to oblige.

Bill Powley
480-837-8064
[email protected]

261 - 280 of 304 Posts