Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just spoke with my dealer. He said they got 7 images this week and that they have been getting 5 to 7 per week (images that is, sadly, not deliveries). He said if the pattern holds true, I should get imaged and have a VIN by the end of next week. So I guess I should expect delivery by end of May or middle of June. Perfect for me. Get a few more paychecks (I only get paid once a month which sucks), finish payments on my '02 VUE (last payment in May), and finally, I have vacation the last week of June...can anyone say tour of America :) Or maybe more like the Grizzwald family vacation with my luck. Anyway, I was excited and had to announce it somewhere.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
Well, just spoke with my dealer. He said they got 7 images this week and that they have been getting 5 to 7 per week (images that is, sadly, not deliveries). He said if the pattern holds true, I should get imaged and have a VIN by the end of next week. So I guess I should expect delivery by end of May or middle of June. Perfect for me. Get a few more paychecks (I only get paid once a month which sucks), finish payments on my '02 VUE (last payment in May), and finally, I have vacation the last week of June...can anyone say tour of America :) Or maybe more like the Grizzwald family vacation with my luck. Anyway, I was excited and had to announce it somewhere.
How do they manage that?? I imaged end of March -- no VIN and I really don't think I'll see a car until early June....
Are you figuring this or is this a line from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi Rick, my dealer just called I'm now code 3400 in production I think, could be on its way with 2 weeks..Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got imaged 2 1/2 weeks ago and I still don't have a TPW, there is no way you will get your vin one week after you get your image. I am expecting my vin 1 month after my image date (if I'm lucky). I think my TPW date will probably be mid may and then will get my car early june. But who knows.

·
Registered
178 Posts
order GGR751

finally got my order number today, only because the Houston Area Sales Manager was there and placed a call to get it.......I am at 3000 .....they are still having trouble with the new system at the beaumont dealership..but at least i have an order number......we are half way there...........now to worry after it is built, how long it will take to deliver it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
seal9 said:
Hi Rick, my dealer just called I'm now code 3400 in production I think, could be on its way with 2 weeks..Seal9:cheers:
So you are about a week ahead of me... I can only hope!!:cheers:
:) Build Them Saturn Skys!!:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Columbus sailed the ocean blue

I know the feeling :D mine has been shipped. Should be here by next week. Have the VIN 1492. It will be a "New World Discovery" for me when it finally gets here and I can drive her. So :cheers: to you on getting your soon. Till then it feels like we are all :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
So you are about a week ahead of me... I can only hope!!:cheers:
:) Build Them Saturn Skys!!:)

And you are about a week ahead of me. :D Oh...the anticipation...:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:eek: :willy: :willy: We are one crazy bunch :D :willy: :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's just what he told me. He said, they've been getting imaged (like I said 5-7 a week) and then a few days later they have VINs. He said its been working that way recently. I was guessing on the delivery date. But the dealer told me the image/VIN thing. I have to trust him since they've already had 6 deliveries and currently have 17 images w/VINs. The post on their website weekly to update.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Its just a waiting game. Just when you think you know whats going on, the game changes. My dealer just got my invoice today and looks like it will still be a 1 to 2 week wait... :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Just curious, foolintherain...what part of the country are you and your dealership located?

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you ever get a chance to get to wilmington DE it is so cool as the cars rool out of the factory...A definate must for all you lovers out there! :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
How do they manage that?? I imaged end of March -- no VIN and I really don't think I'll see a car until early June....
Are you figuring this or is this a line from the dealer?
I imaged on 3/10, and no VIN, not even a TPW!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
That's just what he told me. He said, they've been getting imaged (like I said 5-7 a week) and then a few days later they have VINs. He said its been working that way recently. I was guessing on the delivery date. But the dealer told me the image/VIN thing. I have to trust him since they've already had 6 deliveries and currently have 17 images w/VINs. The post on their website weekly to update.

:bs:
I have to raise the flag here
OK if you are in CA or a warm state I can see a dealer getting 40 SKYs for his allotment. Since January (let's give him one car for Jan) you'd have, conservatively 50-70 cars ordered (and STILL getting 5-7 a WEEK?) Remember Saturn is only building 10,000 cars that is 20 – Twenty - XX per dealer.
And they have had 6 deliveries.... So there are at the very least 35 cars out there undelivered to his store?? And he has VINs for them??

I have to put down a thick circle of salt here. . . Especially after you say he told you he has 17 with VINs, ask what happened to the other 20 -- if he is getting 5-7 images a week....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have to put down a thick circle of salt here. . . Especially after you say he told you he has 17 with VINs, ask what happened to the other 20 -- if he is getting 5-7 images a week....
Don't do that, his head might explode! :) :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
sky-high

My dealer in Indy contacted me yesterday and said there is a hold on all shipments until the tire rub issue is fixed on all cars produced and waiting for shipping. I was imaged on 3/6/06 and still at code 30 as far as I know. He said mine is scheduled fpr delivery the week of May 15th. They do have a fix for the tire rub problem. So we all keep waiting!!!!!!!!!!:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If that is good info -- then it is OK with me -- I'd rather have that problem eliminated before I get my car....

I am thinking about taking up knitting..:willy:

·
Registered
453 Posts
barb said:
finally got my order number today, only because the Houston Area Sales Manager was there and placed a call to get it.......I am at 3000 .....they are still having trouble with the new system at the beaumont dealership..but at least i have an order number......we are half way there...........now to worry after it is built, how long it will take to deliver it!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone know if the order number has any type of sequence like the VIN number. I have order number GGG732, so what that mean mine was ordered say before GGR792, as an example?? Anyone know?

Theresa

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
If that is good info -- then it is OK with me -- I'd rather have that problem eliminated before I get my car....

I am thinking about taking up knitting..:willy:
I'm on to crocheting :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.