Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Southeast Florida and visted three of the four local Saturn dealers down here. This is what I was able to get from them.

All said they were accepting $1,500 deposits. All three were fairly certain that production would begin the beginning of December and because of the holidays the Wilmington, DE plant would be closed for about the last two weeks of December and the dealers would expect first deliveries the beginning of January. Sounds very "early 2006" but that is what I was told.

I was also told that the Sky will be at the South Florida International Auto Show in Miami in November of 2005. Here is the unbeliveable part, I was told that there would be some sort of internet registration through GM or Saturn websites soon where you could register to test drive the sky at the time of the auto show. Just so you know, I was told this by a sales rep at a Saturn dealer who worked the Ft. Lauderdale International Auto Show Saturn Sky exhibit in February and he said the response was "amazing".

I'll be putting my $1,500 down the end of June, I'll be first on the list at this particualar dealer and guaranteed to get the first one that comes in there. They said ofcourse they can not guarantee the price or the date of delivery at this time...Can't wait for this car to come out, it will be my first, nice, new, sporty, two seater and first convertable ever.

·
Registered
432 Posts
congradulations!

$1500 does seem a bit high, but if you are buying it anyways, no biggie.

if that news about possible test drives is true, i definitely want in on it! but im not sure if i should let my hopes up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Swat. Delnari, I was a bit skeptical also, I was expecting Feb/March but when I heard January I was too excited, he may have had the wrong info or maybe he is as anxious as I am to get one, I am not getting my hopes up, but if anything, at least I will be able to see my dream in person in November.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Canman,

I, too, live in SE Florida, West Palm Beach, and can't get any kind of reasonable response from the dealer here. I would gladly put down $1500 to get in the queue. I have been pleased with their service until reading your post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the names of the dealers in this forum, although I wouldn't think it would be a problem, just to be safe I PM'd them to you. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Registration

Canman,

Just talked to the local sales manager at my local dealership. They are not taking deposts at this time, but I am signed up for GM's launch information.

Since I have a good history with the dealership, I can accept this. I am in their 'queue' and will just have to await delivery whenver that happens.

Marc

·
Registered
149 Posts
Plant closed?

Canman said:
All three were fairly certain that production would begin the beginning of December and because of the holidays the Wilmington, DE plant would be closed for about the last two weeks of December and the dealers would expect first deliveries the beginning of January. Sounds very "early 2006" but that is what I was told.
I could be mistaken, but I don't think GM will be closing this plant for anything shy of a major fire or destruction. Their other plants making the slow selling, can't give them away, big "Gas Hogs"... Well that may be another story? Sounds like you were a victim of Dealerspeak. You know they are lying if their mouth is moving.
Of course, this can not be said of our fine dealer friends here... Can it? :lol: :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Canman said:
I was also told that the Sky will be at the South Florida International Auto Show in Miami in November of 2005. Here is the unbeliveable part, I was told that there would be some sort of internet registration through GM or Saturn websites soon where you could register to test drive the sky at the time of the auto show.
Lord. Now I'm actually thinking about flying to Florida to drive a car for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You should not have to put $1500 down. Usually $500 is enough of a good faith deposit and that is to be on a list, not an actual payment toward a car so make sure you get in writing that they are not cashing your check or that you get your money back if you decide you do not want the car.

Ren

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer gets to set the amount of the deposit. Saturn Corp. has nothing to do with the deposits at this point as it is too early. The $1,500 they quoted me was not to be on a list, it was toward the actualy purchase of the vehicle, they would complete a buy order and give me a copy and not just put me on a waiting list. It guarantees me the first Sky that came in, granted I was first on the list. The dealers are not sure how many Sky's they will be getting, so this particualar dealer is not making any waiting list, should they put 20 people on a list and only get 10 cars, there would be some sorely dissapointed customers, and they would lose business to another dealer, so they are only taking depoists at this dealer from serious buyers only and in very limited quantity, maybe 5 at the most.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It looks like the Saturn dealers in S Fl. (Ft Lauderdale and below) are going the way of the Pontiac dealers in Miami, how pitiful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The auto industry pretty much shuts down completely for 2 weeks around Christmas/new years.

BTW, how come I can't quick reply?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You gotta click the icon to the right of the Quote icon to use it. Confused the hell out of me at first, too. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in the Bay Area and I just called my local Saturn dealer about signing up on their waiting list. Interestingly, the sales rep said they just implimented a database that has all interested individuals who want to purchase a Sky. There was no deposit required. He said this database is different from the one that Saturn has set up. I thought that was odd.

·
Registered
39 Posts
CARS WILL NOT BE ON LOTS IN JANUARY :) sorry about the caps

Prodction will start in Jan so it will be a 2007 Model. The will be no-saleable cars produced in December. A Dec 2005 car must be sold as a 2006..

Jan 2006 car can be sold as a 2007.

Some stores may see their first SKY in the early weeks of FEB..

·
Registered
39 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
i am going in on friday to lay down a deposite on mine. get this 100 deposite 100%refundable and i can get my gm suplyer discount got to love this.
GMS/Supplier may not even be an option for the SKY. Its not an option on the current Solstice.. :willy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wait Wait. So you mean to tell me that the 2006 model that will be built in Jan are actually 2007 models? Am I getting this correct? :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Any vehicle built after Dec 31st must be labeled as the following years model. So even though the Sky goes on sale early 2006 it will be known as a 2007 model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts