Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
:ack: May as well ditch the rear deck lid and put a rumbleseat back there.
Maybe that was an option. It would explain the warnings to put the child seat in the back seat. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
****ing A, Mike:eek:...what's next?.....perhaps little Star Wars characters painted inside the ****ing white-walls?:lol:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've seen pictures of a 275 tire from BFGoodrich next to a 275 tire from Sumitomo, and the Sumitomo tire's contact patch was wider [both tires weren't mounted].

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would like to believe I am wrong...but the contact rubber is 1 inch larger than the original Good Year tire rubber...I have checked it 3 times...I even showed it to the Pontiac Dealer who mounted the tire...who could not give me an explanation...but he was afraid the extra inch would cause some trouble with mounting...obviously, it did not.
They couldn't even spell "tire" correctly, you actually expect them to measure and manufacture the tires correctly? They're probably 255's but figured that no one in their right mind would ever CHECK the measurements. I mean, c'mon, who does that??? :leaving:

Seriously, maybe it has something to do with the construction of the tire that they are able to get more of a contact patch out of 255mm; stiffer sidewalls so the sidewall meets the tread closer to perpendicular than the stock tires do so the contact is closer to the true width of the tire???

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
And I quote....
marlboromike
You have destroyed the car....sell it now...it is UGLY
:glol:

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Paul...that photochop of the red wall..would look great if I had red interior.

Some members do not seem to get a handle on the orange stripe..I can understand that...and I had a problem with that also..but that can be resolved by putting on black tire paint. I decided against that because it does work when u see the front sidemarker lights...picks it right up.

If i ever decide that I do not like it...it is only a tire and something not permanently adorned. At this time, I have another 15K miles left on my original tires...so I do have time to decide.

...the names on the DEAD POOL got longer :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Was it just me or did anyone else notice the bluestone accents on the rim?

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Poor Ole Mike, will sumbody please go and get him and bring him "Back to the Future"!! :cheers::lol: They look like aahh, hmmmm, uummmm, ...

·
Registered
6,169 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Great minds think alike...I stated that exact question to him...after it was mounted...same size. Made no difference. Matter of fact, I did the measuring with your tires Steve. Measuring was accurate because both tires were off the car.
The 245/45 aspect ratio is the section width measurement not the tread width. Spag's tread width is approx. 1/2 inch narrower than the stock Goodyear tire in the same size.

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Was it just me or did anyone else notice the bluestone accents on the rim?
Karen..that was the blue cushion I was resting my knee on while putting on the tire...as noted, the chrome glistens...what a difference. Not realizing this before, the black tires actually muted the chrome.

You have to see it in person to grasp the difference.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
And I quote....
Quote:
marlboromike
You have destroyed the car....sell it now...it is UGLY
:glol:
THANK U Fidget :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey, if your going retro how about a continental kit on the rear deck, wheelwell skirts, and a set of appletons on either side of the windshild posts. maybe even a flame paint job. Can't wait to see what you do next.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Damn mike....all the past insults are coming to haunt you.:lol::lol:

It is like all the Ugly Ducklings pecking on the swan. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This forum is too funny, bunch of mental patients! :willy::lol::lol::lol:

41 - 60 of 102 Posts