Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i wanted to know how are wait times are looking for regular sky orders... im planning to order a chili pepper red sky, auto, and lsd as options and thats about it. Should i be expecting a long wait? I want to get an idea so that i know around what timem i should place the order.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey guys, i wanted to know how are wait times are looking for regular sky orders... im planning to order a chili pepper red sky, auto, and lsd as options and thats about it. Should i be expecting a long wait? I want to get an idea so that i know around what timem i should place the order.
A lot of it depends on your dealer's allocation and I would think some would depend on your location as well. (i.e. high volume sportscar/roadster market)
When I placed my order back at the beginning of August, I was told a 4 - 6 month wait, but as production ramped up, people at my dealership in the Dallas Tx area were averaging about 3 1/2 months from initial order to delivery. (keys in hand) I hope this helps some. :confused:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree

They told me 2-6 months for my chili pepper red but I got bumped up due to all the red lines ahead of me that are on hold. Now its a matter of weeks. Great choice of color !!!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i figure who buys a roadster in the winter lol...other than me. Anyway yesterday i ended up seing a red sky just how i want it and i just fell inlove, i had never seen one in person till yesterday.. infact i saw it twice, god must either really love me or hate me lol... I live in a pretty rich area, although the sky looks great most people around here go for bmws or porsche... how much did you guys put down 1k?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was told three to six months back in July. Still no other information yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,i will stop by the dealership and find out. This is so exciting, i also found out that i will actually save on insurance if i get the sky. I'll save 200 bucks a year

·
Registered
155 Posts
I put down a $1K deposit around the first of August. My car arrived at the dealership in the middle of September, so it was only a six week turnaround (though I didn't pick it up for another ten days).

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
$1,000 April 11th :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sky's Available, no waiting...

With the weather turning around here, seems that more and more Sky's are coming in and selling as stock vehicles. Last weekend I visited 7 local dealers (promoting an upcoming Sky Rally) and personally saw 10 -12 available for immediate sale. (Mostly Red's, Black's and Blue's).

If you are within a couple hours of Chicago and have interest, PM me.

I have no personal interest and receive no incentive or compensation, plus I do not know if these are MSRP or not.

Just seems crazy that someone has to wait while the car they want is sitting lonely on someone's lot.

·
Registered
323 Posts
With the weather turning around here, seems that more and more Sky's are coming in and selling as stock vehicles. Last weekend I visited 7 local dealers (promoting an upcoming Sky Rally) and personally saw 10 -12 available for immediate sale. (Mostly Red's, Black's and Blue's).

If you are within a couple hours of Chicago and have interest, PM me.

I have no personal interest and receive no incentive or compensation, plus I do not know if these are MSRP or not.

Just seems crazy that someone has to wait while the car they want is sitting lonely on someone's lot.
:agree: Similar up here in SE Wisconsin. As I drove to my dealers promoting the same rally, I saw a couple of used Sky's that the dealers are picking up from auctions.

<non supporting dealer> has a white and silver, both manuals and both with red/black leather interior. White was ~3,400 miles, silver was ~6,200 miles, both set at $31,500! :willy: :willy: :willy:

<non supporting dealer removed>

I have a feeling with winter breathing down our necks around here shortly that those prices will not stick (much like the early snow we should be getting this afternoon). :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put a deposit down on a red line on Monday and two Saturn reps on two occassions told me it's a two year wait. They also didn't sign the sales order, didn't acknowledge the deposit on the order and didn't completely fill it out. Can anyone give me an idea what's going on here. I'm very suspicious. I live in MD and the dealer is just west of Annapolis.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I put a deposit down on a red line on Monday and two Saturn reps on two occassions told me it's a two year wait. They also didn't sign the sales order, didn't acknowledge the deposit on the order and didn't completely fill it out. Can anyone give me an idea what's going on here. I'm very suspicious. I live in MD and the dealer is just west of Annapolis.
get your deposit back immediately and go somewhere else, and place a new order. make sure your deposit is refundable. This is sending up a lot of red flags in my mind.

Immediately, if you want your redline asap.

Any kind of shady business like that spells the making of disaster and a lot of anger. Find another dealer and make sure they do everything properly. There's lots of good dealers out there. Also make sure that they enter your order into GM Workbench when they receive it, and don't just hold onto your sales agreement in their internal dealer list without actually entering it in the system. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We ordered our base in May of this year, and were told it would be a 3 to 5 month wait. We're on the assembly line now so we hope to have her before the end of month 5. Our dealer said that orders being taken now (base or red line) will be waiting 8 months to a year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
went to the dealership today, they had a silver sky, with chrome wheels, 5spd auto, cloth seats, xm and upgraded sound system for 28,300.. sky looks great in silver but i dont really feel the chrome rims.. anyway i spoke to the saturn rep and he said i can order a sky with approximately a 7-8 week wait period with 2500 down.

·
Registered
482 Posts
went to the dealership today, they had a silver sky, with chrome wheels, 5spd auto, cloth seats, xm and upgraded sound system for 28,300.. sky looks great in silver but i dont really feel the chrome rims.. anyway i spoke to the saturn rep and he said i can order a sky with approximately a 7-8 week wait period with 2500 down.
Two things that send up red flags:

1) A base sky w/cloth, 5 speed and top of line sound. $28,300 sounds high.

b) A $2500 down ???, most are 500 - 1000 down. Be real sure that that big of a deposit is refundable (in writing).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just drove over to Saturn of "Somewhere", Georgia and picked up a Saturn SKy Roadster off the lot. It had come in and the buyer couldn't pick it up due to financial difficulties. They also had three others on the lot for sale. So, it appears that people who really want one should check the allocations for the dealers they are shopping at and continue to call.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Two things that send up red flags:

1) A base sky w/cloth, 5 speed and top of line sound. $28,300 sounds high.

b) A $2500 down ???, most are 500 - 1000 down. Be real sure that that big of a deposit is refundable (in writing).
i might have missed stuff but i know it did have pretty much everything but leather.. something around 3k in options. i mean the automatic alone is 890 bucks... I will def check if the deposit is refundable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Called another dealership and they say 6 to 7 months?? i thought the longer wait was for the redline models? isnt the redline the only one coming with the bluestone color?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Please folks...

Remember, mention of non-supporting dealers is NOT allowed. :nono:

I know you all are trying to help but, the rules are the rules... Please!!!

Regards,

BA...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts