Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another week closes with our red/automatic/chrome Sky still waiting for production. Wow, this is getting to be a familiar state. For every order going in after ours where a Sky is delivered, it is tempting to see this as backward motion. Kinda like going down the freeway, trying to maintain a constant distance between you and the guy ahead, only to have other drivers cut in front. Easy to forget we're still going forward in the process - moving up in the wait-for-production queue. Had a good chat on with our dealership's owner this afternoon today. They (Elk Grove) are going to give us weekly updates here on out, even if it is a no news to report call. Meanwhile, they still don't have their first Sky (our order was the 4th for this dealership due to constraints). Maybe Father's Day is a realistic target for delivery?!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi! My SKY was ordered the same day as yours. I am getting an automatic and chrome also....I haven't heard a thing. There are 7 people ahead of me....everyone of us has ordered and no one has gotten their car. Only the demo has come in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You know, it has all seemed like forever. But then I looked at the calendar. First cars arrived right around the first day of spring - March 20th. Today is only April 14th so less than a month since first arrivals.

:crazy:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Karen said:
Hi! My SKY was ordered the same day as yours. I am getting an automatic and chrome also....I haven't heard a thing. There are 7 people ahead of me....everyone of us has ordered and no one has gotten their car. Only the demo has come in.
Without the forum, I'd wonder if we were being singled out. Or I'd suspect the dealer either was clueless or holding out. Knowing that others are in the same place makes me far less anxious (well, most of the time :chill:). The upside is this gives Jack a few more weekends to work on overhauling the garage to bring it up to "Sly" standards. :driving:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MOMDRAE said:
You know, it has all seemed like forever. But then I looked at the calendar. First cars arrived right around the first day of spring - March 20th. Today is only April 14th so less than a month since first arrivals.

:crazy:
You know, that fact had completely escaped me. I read all the posts showing orders with VINs, cars being shipped, and all those being delivered and forget that a huge percentage of the people wanting Skys now will be waiting in vain, at least for current year deliveries. The Sacramento Bee had a full front page automotive section Sky write-up mid week. Our dealer has no car to show all the folks making inquiries. Bottom line is this car is making everyone coming in contact with it rethink Saturn. As I see it, that's a win-win for us all.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyHope said:
You know, that fact had completely escaped me. I read all the posts showing orders with VINs, cars being shipped, and all those being delivered and forget that a huge percentage of the people wanting Skys now will be waiting in vain, at least for current year deliveries. The Sacramento Bee had a full front page automotive section Sky write-up mid week. Our dealer has no car to show all the folks making inquiries. Bottom line is this car is making everyone coming in contact with it rethink Saturn. As I see it, that's a win-win for us all.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
483 Posts
SkyHope said:
The Sacramento Bee had a full front page automotive section Sky write-up mid week.
Our paper featured the SKY today as well. Does your paper use content from Wheelbase Communications? (see attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I keep trying to think...the longer the wait...the more new car kinks that are getting worked out and the more money I can put down as a deposit!

hang in there

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skl8260 said:
Our paper featured the SKY today as well. Does your paper use content from Wheelbase Communications? (see attached)
Thanks for sharing. Sorry I cannot find an online link to piece in our local paper from the San Antonio Express-News by G. Chambers Williams II. "New roadster creating serious buzz..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts