Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that majority of us are still waiting for our Sky! :banghead:

Speaking for myself, since some of the people have gotten thier sky's and they have shared photos and experiences I can only say WOW!:)

I am so happy that I am getting one of these cars! I am sure I will not be dissappointed in the least. There is something about seeing pictures of these cars not at a Dealership that makes them soooo beautiful.

I do not know how to describe it, but driving to work was different experience. I think I was partly expecting to see a Sky, even though they have not made it out here yet! The other is realzing that my days of driving like I know it are limited. :willy: :)

I love my ION quade coupe and despite the bad rap, I love my Continous Variable Transmission. I just realize that in a couple of months, I will probably be riding in the best, most beautiful and and most fun to :driving: car in my life!

Let me repeat WOW!:)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
So many people (outside us in the Sky Zone) look at me and they have to be wondering. Why all the waiting? They just don't get it.
I decided to become part of this whole thing and now -- I am in too deep to back out. Every new SKY delivered means they are that much closer to starting mine. Sure it may be August before I get mine -- but it will be mine....:cool: :driving:

Keep the pictures and commentary (first ride - first WHATEVER) coming -- Let me live vicariously!!:thumbs: :cheers: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
richmcc said:
I know that majority of us are still waiting for our Sky! :banghead:

Speaking for myself, since some of the people have gotten thier sky's and they have shared photos and experiences I can only say WOW!:)

I am so happy that I am getting one of these cars! I am sure I will not be dissappointed in the least. There is something about seeing pictures of these cars not at a Dealership that makes them soooo beautiful.

I do not know how to describe it, but driving to work was different experience. I think I was partly expecting to see a Sky, even though they have not made it out here yet! The other is realzing that my days of driving like I know it are limited. :)

I love my ION quade coupe and despite the bad rap, I love my Continous Variable Transmission. I just realize that in a couple of months, I will probably be riding in the best, most beautiful and and most fun to :driving: car in my life!

Let me repeat WOW!:)
So am I the only one this pysched?? :willy: :) or Nuts! :crazy: :drool: :willy:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
richmcc said:
So am I the only one this pysched?? :willy: :) or Nuts! :crazy: :drool: :willy:
:willy: :drool: :drool: :driving: :driving: NOPE

·
Registered
233 Posts
not at all. Since I imaged my car it's been making me crazy. Just waiting...waiting...waiting... for it to get here!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
richmcc said:
So am I the only one this pysched?? :willy: :) or Nuts!
I just don't know what to say :)drool:) I have managed to comport myself well. I don't allow myself to be sucked into false bravado :)cheers: ) or visions of suprmacy :)cool: ). I remain calm :)willy: ) collected :)brentil:) and at all time, in complete control :)rant: ) of my self....

What do you mean I have to wait until July???

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Red Sports Car

HI Rick and other SKY Fans I feel the same way, I had a used AH 100-6 in 1968 and it was Red, I had just returned from Vet-nam and I pickup a young girl walking to work, She was the first and only girl to ride in that car, We were married two years later. I sold the car in 72 we had our first baby and I needed money to pay the Doc. Anyway we have been looking for the car that would replace our AH, now I have 3 companys and can have any car I want, We want only the SKY its our car......For what ever its worth my 2 cents...........SEAL9

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I know what you mean Rich. Still waiting hear also. But with the constraints on the manual trany you will probably move up to # 1. I'm going to call Mike tomarrow, he has been on vacation, to see if he has any news. The last time I talked with Carol I asked it they had there demo ordered yet and she told me that she was told that i had been invoiced, but she haden't see anything in wrighting yet. If I fine out anything exciting I'll shoot you an email.

·
Registered
295 Posts
good luck..hope you get it soon

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can't wait for my white sky. So I can stop :drool: over everyone elses!

·
Registered
42 Posts
building it this week

my sales guy called today and said they are building my car this week. WooHoo! I will be in Costa Rica the 1st week in Sept. Hope it doesn't come while I'm gone. I'll call him tomorrow and make it clear no one drives it while I'm gone or have my Dad authorized to pick it up. I don't want it to sit at the dealership, who knows what will happen to it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
SteveP said:
my sales guy called today and said they are building my car this week. WooHoo! I will be in Costa Rica the 1st week in Sept. Hope it doesn't come while I'm gone. I'll call him tomorrow and make it clear no one drives it while I'm gone or have my Dad authorized to pick it up. I don't want it to sit at the dealership, who knows what will happen to it.
I wouldn't expect it until at least the 3rd week of September. GM allows their cars to age in oak barrels for a month after they're built, that's the smell you usually smell in the new cars.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Event 4200

I am restoked, fires are lit and the steam in the boiler is up to pressure!!
One of our own has been gracious enought to give me what the dealer wouldn't...4200 Shipped 8/14/06 :yesnod: I hope to have my Sky (unnamed yet) in my hot liitle hands by the Labor Day Weekend!! I owe a certain someone an incredible debt for relief of my insanity. An absolute ANGEL!!
Here's the update:

Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
482 Posts
Rich I for one can't wait for you to get your SKY, you have waited a long time. I can remember all the trouble you had eariler in the year and you stuck it out. You are a true Sky fan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts