Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the heart land of America here in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
I am on the waiting list for my midnight blue/tan turbo red line Sky, 3rd in line so I am told.
Hubby and I own a sapphire blue 1964 Sunbeam Alpine and a 06 Daytona sunset orange corvette. We went though 4 Chevy dealers in this area before we found one that was willing to allow us to order our corvette and pick it up at the plant in Bowling Greens, KY. It is amazing the BS the dealers will give you about why they cannot sell you a car, that you want. Yes they can sell you a car they have on the lot, but heaven forbid they lose money ordering you a car you want, Chevy is a GM porduct. Is the Saturn dealers any different, time will tell!
I look forward the day when you can test drive a car, no pressure from the sales attendant, and order the car you want from the factory. Yea its a dream and all those sales guys will have to find another job, but what a wonderful concept. The dealer would only have one of each model to test drive, and the factories would only be making cars they had orders for, wow efficiency!

TulsaSky

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big question I have is just how many Red Line Sky's will be allocated to each dealer?
Wonder how many hoops the owner of the dealership has to jump though to change his allocations...
Salesmen in OKC, Oklahoma City area already slipped and informed me that their 12 allocations for the regular sky was filled, will be next year before anyone can order.
So Sales Gurus any comments?
Its such a dog eat dog world and its all about who you know!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
TulsaSky said:
Big question I have is just how many Red Line Sky's will be allocated to each dealer?
Wonder how many hoops the owner of the dealership has to jump though to change his allocations...
Salesmen in OKC, Oklahoma City area already slipped and informed me that their 12 allocations for the regular sky was filled, will be next year before anyone can order.
So Sales Gurus any comments?
Its such a dog eat dog world and its all about who you know!
Okay SkySpy, my partner in crime, I think I'll refer this question to you, oh wise one.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
Okay SkySpy, my partner in crime, I think I'll refer this question to you, oh wise one.:thumbs:
Once RedLines are available to be picked-up by GM, SKY allocation is supposed to be 60% Regular SKYs and 40% RedLine SKYs. :thumbs: At this time, we (retailers) don't know the exact amount of SKYs (any kind) that we are getting. We (the store I work at) has an estimate of 33 total SKYs for this Calendar Year (for order and not necessarily for delivery) but this is expected to change once the RedLines are able to be picked-up by GM.

We still have some time to wait to get real and true details... :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Once RedLines are available to be picked-up by GM, SKY allocation is supposed to be 60% Regular SKYs and 40% RedLine SKYs. :thumbs: At this time, we (retailers) don't know the exact amount of SKYs (any kind) that we are getting. We (the store I work at) has an estimate of 33 total SKYs for this Calendar Year (for order and not necessarily for delivery) but this is expected to change once the RedLines are able to be picked-up by GM.

We still have some time to wait to get real and true details... :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
To put it roughly 60% of Skys this yeah will be the base while 40% will be the Redline so if they made 10000 that means about 4000 Redlines will be built that's if they make that many but those percentages are just about sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts