Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is on the waiting list to order @ Saturn of Florence in Florence, KY? I think I've moved to #13 on the list to order one. I'm probably the only person on the forum that isn't in a mad rush for one. My lease on my current car doesn't expire for 11 months so I'm somewhat patient. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
mbleigh said:
Just wondering if anyone is on the waiting list to order @ Saturn of Florence in Florence, KY? I think I've moved to #13 on the list to order one. I'm probably the only person on the forum that isn't in a mad rush for one. My lease on my current car doesn't expire for 11 months so I'm somewhat patient. :thumbs:
The best time to buy a car is when you don't need one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
mbleigh said:
I'm on the list in Lexington, KY and am in kinda the same boat as you. I'm using my graduation money (college graduate) as part of my downpayment and I can't get that until Sept. at the earliest. So I'm ok with the wait and will use the time to save even more for the down payment and order lots of goodies for the car... of course, since I need to wait, I'll get a call tomorrow saying the car's in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you're further along than I am since your order is ACTUALLY submitted.

·
Registered
804 Posts
haylcron said:
I'm on the list in Lexington, KY and am in kinda the same boat as you. I'm using my graduation money (college graduate) as part of my downpayment and I can't get that until Sept. at the earliest. So I'm ok with the wait and will use the time to save even more for the down payment and order lots of goodies for the car... of course, since I need to wait, I'll get a call tomorrow saying the car's in. :rolleyes:

Man! your getting "graduation money" for completing college! I really messed up, as I had 10 years of loans given to me when I finished:lol:
Guess getting married a couple months after walking was the best gift I received.:thumbs:

To be young again...

·
Registered
56 Posts
mbleigh said:
Well, you're further along than I am since your order is ACTUALLY submitted.
Submitted to the dealer. I'm #11 on the waiting list and there are ~2 cars allotted per month so I've got quite a wait. I was told I could probably expect my car in 6 months.

My graduation gift is from the parents and grandparents. I have more in loans than the cost of the car:banghead: . Luckily I already have a full-time job (software developer:thumbs: ) that pays the bills (student loans included) and lets me replace the aging Grand Prix.:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya!

haylcron said:
Submitted to the dealer. I'm #11 on the waiting list and there are ~2 cars allotted per month so I've got quite a wait. I was told I could probably expect my car in 6 months.
Perfect, you should be getting it right around the time there's six feet of snow on the ground. ARG! :willy:

I think I'd feel slightly better though if I knew I had an order actually assigned.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moved up

haylcron said:
Well, I spoke with the dealer yesterday and I've moved up to #11 as well! :D
They also confirmed they are delivering 2-3 cars per month. Looks like I'm riding the same slow boat to China you are. :cheers:

·
Registered
380 Posts
mbleigh said:
I really like the Jake Sweeny groups, but they are not to big Saturn players in Greater Cincinnati. I was going to order my car there (Jake Sweeney) but I learned from this forum that the volume dealers get more car allotments based upon their past history, hence faster delivery. I ordered in January from the Kings Auto Mall group and got mine in March. I have a Redline on order with them and am #1 from which I expect delivery early this fall. Good luck on you delivery. You will love this car!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know, I know

Yeah, I called them and would have been #8 and that was a few months ago, but I feared that would make the deal happen too quick. I have a current lease that doesn't expire for another 12 months now so I have some time.... I know it sounds absurd when everyone is dying for this car, but I'm trying to be patient. Well that and I was really hoping to get Bluestone, evidently just slightly more available than 24-carrot golddust. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still waiting for mine too.

While I'm not in Kentucky, I am in Missouri. Unfortunately, I didn't even put down a deposit on mine until June 3. The dealer says I am #57 on the list and they are allocated 10-15 per month. Maybe before Christmas!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, #57. :eek:

At least you are at a dealer that is getting that many per month. I'd have to be admitted to the loonie-bin if that were the case at the dealership I was at. :willy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts