Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope all those who want the sky when it comes out are ready to go on a waiting list for them :cheers
Pople are going to dealerships and asking when will they be there

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Do you know any Saturn dealers who are already taking Sky pre-orders?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
wow, I'm kind of amased.

I was gung-ho to pre-order but then the trunk spaced halted that till I feel I've gotten enough official information from GM to make a much better educated guess.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wow, people already are lining up for the Sky! I wonder how this may affect Solstice sales. Will a lot of potential Solstice buyers be waiting now for a Sky?

If so, at least it makes it easier for me to find a Sky!

Brentil, I agree the trunk info is very muddied, and not looking good. I still won't call it a deal breaker, but if its as bad as it is looking it may make me think twice. For a minute anyway. :lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
I went to my Saturn Dealer and the answer to the question was NO, it is to early, call us in about another 6 to 8 months they said.
I suppose all Saturn dealers around the country will do things diferently.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm so excited I read on the Sky Broschure that it is going to have an optional automatic wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo. I may have to wait for the sky being that Pontiac has not given any word on an automatic......... :smile

·
Registered
727 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
I'm so excited I read on the Sky Broschure that it is going to have an optional automatic wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo. I may have to wait for the sky being that Pontiac has not given any word on an automatic......... :smile
Since the Sky is coming out a good deal after the Solstice, maybe the Sol will end up with an automatic at the same time the Sky has one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the dealers around here are taking orders. I put mine down today after i got home from the auto show. I am 2nd at my dealer and 5th in the state.

·
Registered
304 Posts
outsane1 said:
the dealers around here are taking orders. I put mine down today after i got home from the auto show. I am 2nd at my dealer and 5th in the state.
There were Pontiac dealers who started their lists about a year ago. This far out I see nothing wrong with a list but they shouldn't ask for d.p. until they have a projected startup of production. We're talking 'summer' delivery for Sols and as far as we know only preproduction vehicles have actually left the assembly line. With the Sky being a 2007 IB as opposed to the Sol being 2006 model year I wouldn't think any Sky production would start until at least a year from now. BTW on the Solstice forum a dealer got an"official" response from Pontiac on constrained options and the only two that seem not ready for prime time are chrome wheels and automatic. Just the fact they mentioned automatic means a good cahnce of it being available, probably when Sky hits the streets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All that I did was put down $100. And for the fact that I did that I am going to be notified of anything the dealers are told, And when they are finnally able to place there orders for the cars then I will be able to order it the way I want it. If it comes in and I dont like it for some strange reason I get my money back. After all we all know that if you do not preorder you probally will not get one for a while after they com out.

·
Registered
432 Posts
im not too worried about the waiting list right now because i dont want a first model year and if i even hear a peep from GM about a redline, im waiting for that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
First on the List!

Rik said:
I'm number four on my local waiting list over all. But I'm number one for Redline version.
I really like Saturn dealers and their sales people. All dealerships should be as friendly and easy to deal with as Saturn Corporation is. I just recently bought my youngest daughter a new Saturn ION 3 Quad Coupe which happens to be our third Saturn in 3 years. I asked to be placed first on the list when the SKY comes in.

I can't wait to take one for a test drive

·
Registered
10 Posts
Germany is more difficult

HI im from Germany. Here it is not possible to come on a waiting list! Not even if you pay a full price ( 25K Euro) It would be great to know if someone know the date when the Sky will come on the market in the US because I would like to be also one of the first in Germany , even if I have t imrt the car.
He we wi have luck to drive such a power car!

·
Registered
432 Posts
:cheers: welcome to the site! :cheers:

i cant even imagine the difficulties in getting a sky imported to another country. i would recommend seeing how difficult it would be to find the opel version of this. you may be able to get it earlier and easier than you would the sky or solstice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Flawless Germany said:
HI im from Germany. Here it is not possible to come on a waiting list! Not even if you pay a full price ( 25K Euro) It would be great to know if someone know the date when the Sky will come on the market in the US because I would like to be also one of the first in Germany , even if I have t imrt the car.
He we wi have luck to drive such a power car!
Umm, ya.
I'm not sure I'd refer to the Sky as a "power car", but there's no doubt the Sky would stand out in a sea of Z4s, Boxsters, SLKs, 911s, SL500s, et al. :D
Servicing the Sky with no dealer or service outlets may be somewhat problematic, eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Swathefly is correct in pointing out the Opel, since that is the car slated for Europe, and is almost identical to the SKY.
Search the forum for Opel and you will find some pictures and posts about the Opel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts