Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,277 Posts
Try some of the normal parts houses. They were available less than a year ago, and way cheaper for you to buy than from one of us. The shipping on the thing is what kills it. I think I have an extra one on my parts car. Will check in the morning. Source one had them in all colors the last time I looked.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob. There is one on eBay, but he wants as much as the part to ship it.

it’s for my wife’s car. She likes the factory style over the aftermarket ones.
Cheers

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try some of the normal parts houses. They were available less than a year ago, and way cheaper for you to buy than from one of us. The shipping on the thing is what kills it. I think I have an extra one on my parts car. Will check in the morning. Source one had them in all colors the last time I looked.
Hi Bob, any luck finding that spoiler? Thanks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Are you guys close to the border? I usually get items shipped to a warehouse in Niagara Falls USA a short distance from the border. Last time I shipped to Kuhn's Moving and Storage at 200 Portage it cost $4 to drop it there. I just drive across the border and get it. WAY cheaper than shipping to Canada as you guys are aware, free shipping the US and often times a ridiculous rate to ship to Canada. As if the exchange right now isn't bad enough...

That's only going to work of course when we get this COVID-19 stuff behind us.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm about 80 mins from Niagara Falls. I've had others suggest using a parcel drop site in N Falls or Buffalo but to be honest, I've never looked into it. And as you suggested, until the border reopens to 'tourists', that method wont work.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hey Sly, hope you and Denise are well.
we are about an hour from the border
Doing well William and thanks so much for asking, hope all is well with you and your family as well. Retired now as of the 1st of February, Looking forward to getting the car out of storage and getting it back on the road but unfortunately it's not going to be until the first weekend in May.

Are you guys planning anything for the spring?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bob, good to hear everyone is well. Nothing firmed up for Spring. We may not be out of this Pandemic by then. But we are hoping to pull something together for late summer.

·
Premium Member
5,277 Posts
I do have one, the one I took off of my car. The expense of getting it into Canada is crazy. Let me know if I can ship it to someone on the US side nearby.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s awesome. What do you want for it? Depending on that price, it could come here to Canada or over to Martland. Thank you Bob.

·
Premium Member
5,277 Posts
I am quite busy with work, but it is off the car. I just need to track it down.

We are working lots of hours, and normally gone at 7am and seldom get home before 8pm. I can ship it anywhere you want, but it is a good sized box and will be charged accordingly. I need to find a box for it. You can have it for 75.00 if you are willing to wait for awhile on it. Shipping stuff is a problem for me due to work. Being in communications, there are no off days, and we are busy upgrading network towers for more thru put for the people now home schooling their children. I work in very rural areas in the mountains of SoCal.

I think I can get it boxed up this Saturday, but need to find it. Pretty sure it is at my storage facility in town. I know I just saw it a few weeks ago.

Send me a PM with the information so I can find it quickly. I looked for this thread a couple of times and couldn't find it. I only use the new bubble. lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes that is great. Maybe sending up here would be better, despite the costs. Borders are closed.
i started a PM (conversation) with you. Darn new webpage format. Hope you got it.
thank you.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah the border being closed is a pain in the butt. I had to do the same on an item I recently ordered from the US. Got it shipped to the house as it might be some time before I can go across the border to get it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the border being closed is a pain in the butt. I had to do the same on an item I recently ordered from the US. Got it shipped to the house as it might be some time before I can go across the border to get it.
It’s our new reality. A 69 cent dollar to the US Greenback and closed borders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts