Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody followed up with their dealerships regarding a reimbursement for those of us that purchased an extended warranty? Wasn't there talk that we were supposed to get a portion of the purchase price of the extended warranty back since GM announced that they had extended the factory warranty??? :confused: Has anybody gotten any money back? All I received in the mail was an 'official' letter from Saturn announcing the new extended factory warranty and in this letter it also stated the following:

"Because you have also purchased a Saturn Service Plan Contract, our Service Plan team will be contacting you by mail within six to eight weeks with details on how the new GM 100,000 Mile Warranty impacts your Saturn Service Plan Contract."

Has anyone been contacted regarding this? I know I haven't.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I called my dealer and cancelled my extended warranty. I don't think I'm getting any refund, just don't have to pay any more (I was on a monthly payment plan).

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Has anybody followed up with their dealerships regarding a reimbursement for those of us that purchased an extended warranty? Wasn't there talk that we were supposed to get a portion of the purchase price of the extended warranty back since GM announced that they had extended the factory warranty??? :confused: Has anybody gotten any money back? All I received in the mail was an 'official' letter from Saturn announcing the new extended factory warranty and in this letter it also stated the following:

"Because you have also purchased a Saturn Service Plan Contract, our Service Plan team will be contacting you by mail within six to eight weeks with details on how the new GM 100,000 Mile Warranty impacts your Saturn Service Plan Contract."

Has anyone been contacted regarding this? I know I haven't.
I forgot all about that!!!

I also got the letter but have yet to hear anything more. It hasn't been 6-8 weeks yet for me so I'll probably continue to wait. From what I understand, it has nothing to do with the dealership. The reimbursement will come from GM themselves so calling them will probably not get you anywhere.

I hope its a substantial amount... do I see aftermarket parts in my future!!!!!!! dual exhaust maybe!!!!!

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
still waiting for my refund also...I will post keep this in mind if and when the check arrives....remember that old saying....the check is in the mail...don't count on it...:lol:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
An update...

Today I received a letter in the mail from "National Mechanical Service Center" in Chicago stating that I will be getting a refund of $295.00 on my Saturn Service Plan extended warranty, as a result of GM extending the powertrain coverage on the factory warranty. Of course, I'm happy about this...however, the letter stated the following:

"A refund of $295.00 will be sent to your lienholder, GMAC, to reduce the amount you owe within 6-8 weeks."

There's just one problem with that...we paid CASH for the car!!!! :banghead: There was a phone number in the letter to call for additional information...so I called, and the recording did confirm that if the vehicle and service plan contract are paid in full, the refund will be sent to the vehicle owner.

So...there you have it...those of you that purchased a Saturn Service Plan will be getting a refund.:thumbs:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Today I received a letter in the mail from "National Mechanical Service Center" in Chicago stating that I will be getting a refund of $295.00 on my Saturn Service Plan extended warranty, as a result of GM extending the powertrain coverage on the factory warranty. Of course, I'm happy about this...however, the letter stated the following:

"A refund of $295.00 will be sent to your lienholder, GMAC, to reduce the amount you owe within 6-8 weeks."

There's just one problem with that...we paid CASH for the car!!!! :banghead: There was a phone number in the letter to call for additional information...so I called, and the recording did confirm that if the vehicle and service plan contract are paid in full, the refund will be sent to the vehicle owner.

So...there you have it...those of you that purchased a Saturn Service Plan will be getting a refund.:thumbs:

Sweet! That's a little extra saved each month for me. :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts