Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SKY Forum Members,

This week is the DC Auto Show and my dealership is going to be there and has claimed they are going to have a SKY there. My dealership could not confirm what SKY would be there but they said they were taking shifts running the Saturn display and that a SKY would be there. I went to the Chicago Autoshow and saw the same car (I think will be there Silver) I think I am about to see again but that was in the very beginning of 2005 and they would not let us sit in it. Is there any special requests from anyone as far as pics or anything else that I can get while I am there on Sunday? I am hoping it will not be roped off so that we can sit in it or at least get near it! Anyways let me know if there is anything anyone needs to take a pic of (even though I think we have every pic possible in the Gallery).

Show information: DC Autoshow

·
Registered
22 Posts
Portland,Oregon has a show the same weekend. They will have the Sky and Soltice as part of the new 2006 arrivals. Will be interesting if they are taking orders. I'm going to go and see if they are taking orders for this year delivery.

·
Registered
256 Posts
DC Auto Show - Just got back

Everyone,

I just got back from the DC auto show. The SKY is on the 2nd level of the show in the very back. It is inside the red auditorium "box" with computer lights and graphics being projected on the sides. It is the silver pearl SKY with the red interior. It is roped off and it attracts quite a crowd. I asked to sit in the SKY and was told "no." Across the aisle are 3 solstices. One is a new '07 yellow GXP (think that's what it's called) that is on the rotating stage. On the floor are two '06 Solstices in dark grey and green. You can sit in these two cars. Saturn also has the Aura out on display. I was happy to be able to sit in a Solstice finally since I am 6'2" and weigh about 245. I fit in the car just fine and would be able to shift comfortably. However, my dealer told me there would be a SKY to sit in but this was not the case. I do have a few photos of the car but it was in a dark room and a few Solstice pictures.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jester for the info! I was wishing it would be just in the middle of the floor roped off but I guess when you wish you might as well [email protected]#$ in one hand and wish in the other to see which fills up first. I will try and see what I can do as well for pics. The SKY was a HUGE attention grabber at last year's Chicago Auto Show as well, so I am sure it will be getting quite the looks this week in DC! Thanks again

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, I was quite disappointed. While the computer animations were very cool, I would have liked it better if it were on a rotating platform. I wanted to see it in person with good lighting. I'm holding out now for the Baltimore auto show which is February 9-12. I might go to this one as well to check it out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay went to the DC Autoshow yesterday and was surprised they had the SKY on the floor roped off. I understand in days before it was placed inside the Saturn red box and wasn't really that easily viewable under light. I was able to get video on the car and very close especially inside of the car. I was pretty happy with everything besides not being able ot sit in it. I did however see a Soltice out on the floor and was able to sit in that. I fit really well and was honestly surprised by the legroom. I am 6ft. tall and 225lbs. and this car fit me like a glove, with maybe a little to spare. The SKY looks great i person, for those who haven't seen it live! It was a decent show and I cannot wait to actually sit in my own SKY one day in the near future.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Chicago Auto Show

Well, i am going to the chicago show on the 11th.. CANT WAIT... and then , they are going to have one on display in rockford by the end of that next week at our local mall. CHERRYVALE MALL. i have been told "we" will be able to sit in the one at the mall.... we shall see..... SkyBaby-07

1 - 8 of 8 Posts