Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while back about the chrome "staurn" strip on the floor boards will get bent and get yanked off. I know it has happened to many already and it is an easy repair...but I just had a flash back to when I saw my neighbors test SKY at his house.

I recall seeing the chrome vents on the hood looking the same way as the door strips. They were lifting up in the wind and they looked loose. Are these put on with the same glue? The test car had over 20,000 miles. I don't know how they put those in, but I do recall making a mental note of that!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Another Sky Problem?

ishot3bucks said:
I posted a while back about the chrome "staurn" strip on the floor boards will get bent and get yanked off. I know it has happened to many already and it is an easy repair...but I just had a flash back to when I saw my neighbors test SKY at his house.

I recall seeing the chrome vents on the hood looking the same way as the door strips. They were lifting up in the wind and they looked loose. Are these put on with the same glue? The test car had over 20,000 miles. I don't know how they put those in, but I do recall making a mental note of that!
Thanks for the heads up. I have another quetion regarding Sky issues. Has anyone had ANY problems with the door panels starting to tear? I just noticed a couple of bubbles as I came back from San Diego this weekend. It was hot as hell, but could this have done it?? There is like a tiny tear already, and next to it looks like the cheap vinyl is starting to bubble. I plan to call the Dealer today and take it in for a check up. I have been sick :confused: since seeing it there yesterday. Anyone else experience this?
Theresa (aka Terry)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Terry, can you post a photo? Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ya'll are scaring me!!!???!!!! RL on order and I hope they correct some of these things we've been reading about. Hopefully all are being reported to engineering and manufacturing with them doing something about it. I was hoping that by the time they put out the RL the "kinks" would be worked out so issues like bad adhesives, some design flaws, and materials not holding up would be fixed. I'd hate to get the call to pick up the "baby" and give it up for adoption at that point in the waiting and pacing process. I love this cars looks but I want to make sure it can hold up since I'm giving up my Harley dream for this little gem!!!!!! Plus I'd hate to have the Hubby say the dreaded, "Told you so." Ouch.
;0)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Still minor stuff though. Quickly fixed by the dealer. I wonder why we haven't seen this stuff on the Solstice side. I'd have thought they'd have cought issues like this at this point in production.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Passenger Door Panel

GaryH said:
Terry, can you post a photo? Thanks.
Gary, I will try to take a picture of it before I drop her off at the dealers on Wednesday. I am so upset with all the "little minor issues" because it is after all a brand new car!! I will keep you all posted on the end result. This Dealership I do NOT trust as far as I can see so it's got me worried.
T.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
MonyGone said:
I love this cars looks but I want to make sure it can hold up since I'm giving up my Harley dream for this little gem!!!!!! Plus I'd hate to have the Hubby say the dreaded, "Told you so." Ouch.
;0)

Oh no...say it isn't so!!! Is there any way you could have both the Harley and the Sky? I don't think I could have given up a Harley for a Sky...but that's just me. :D Infact...I came very close to giving up the Sky for another brand new Harley...a Streetglide! :eek: :lol: Still might get it...but not anytime soon...maybe next year. I've only had my Sky 3 days, and have only put on about 2 miles...how sad is that?!?! Hoping to drive it some tomorrow if the weather is nicer...been raining here the last 2 days.

And yes, hubbies are notorious for the "I told you so" lecture...aren't they? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
nscrbug said:
Oh no...say it isn't so!!! Is there any way you could have both the Harley and the Sky? I don't think I could have given up a Harley for a Sky...but that's just me. :D Infact...I came very close to giving up the Sky for another brand new Harley...a Streetglide! :eek: :lol: Still might get it...but not anytime soon...maybe next year. I've only had my Sky 3 days, and have only put on about 2 miles...how sad is that?!?! Hoping to drive it some tomorrow if the weather is nicer...been raining here the last 2 days.

And yes, hubbies are notorious for the "I told you so" lecture...aren't they? :rolleyes:
Oh usually he's pretty good but this would be a grand opportunity for him. The Harley is a sweet custom paint (pearl white with silver ghost flames) with loads of chrome and I'm really tempted to "walk" from the Sky to get the bike now. Don't think doing the Dragon would be the same in the Sky!!!! I definitely have "Harley envy" right now. lol Of course it would be cool to show up at one of the bike shows with a bunch of Sky's in a line. Give the group something to talk about.:cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
tolaiz said:
Thanks for the heads up. I have another quetion regarding Sky issues. Has anyone had ANY problems with the door panels starting to tear? I just noticed a couple of bubbles as I came back from San Diego this weekend. It was hot as hell, but could this have done it?? There is like a tiny tear already, and next to it looks like the cheap vinyl is starting to bubble. I plan to call the Dealer today and take it in for a check up. I have been sick :confused: since seeing it there yesterday. Anyone else experience this?
Theresa (aka Terry)
I don't have either problem...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts