Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday it rained all day a few times very hard, I noticed there was water dripping off the bottom of the speaker housing on the passenger door, I opened the door and there was water in that little tray in the door sill plate, has anyone else had this problem? also I noticed today that the trunk mat was damp in one place, on the driver side in the back i don;t know if it may have been because they put the top down the other day while it was wet, I will keep an eye on that though...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Friday it rained all day a few times very hard, I noticed there was water dripping off the bottom of the speaker housing on the passenger door, I opened the door and there was water in that little tray in the door sill plate, has anyone else had this problem? also I noticed today that the trunk mat was damp in one place, on the driver side in the back i don;t know if it may have been because they put the top down the other day while it was wet, I will keep an eye on that though...
Take it to your dealer and get new deck and window seals on it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deluke said:
Take it to your dealer and get new deck and window seals on it.
i noticed this morning after the rain last night the trunk was dry, but when i opened the passenger side door water ran out the bottom of the door for a little while... sounds like something is blocking the door drain when the door is closed

·
Registered
380 Posts
No leaks in mine

I ran my Sky thru a commercial car wash twice with the pressure rinse to check for leaks. I found none in the trunk or inside. I say mine is pretty tight.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skyfan said:
I ran my Sky thru a commercial car wash twice with the pressure rinse to check for leaks. I found none in the trunk or inside. I say mine is pretty tight.
Mine has been washed many times, it seems like this happens whenever it rains hard for several hours... next time it rains notice when you open the doors if water runs out the bottom... i have no leaks arounf the top and window seals fot the top, It is when the door fills up with water and it runs out the speaker hole, I am sure it can hold alot of water in there

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Mine has been washed many times, it seems like this happens whenever it rains hard for several hours... next time it rains notice when you open the doors if water runs out the bottom... i have no leaks arounf the top and window seals fot the top, It is when the door fills up with water and it runs out the speaker hole, I am sure it can hold alot of water in there
More than likely the water you see in the door is what has run down the window and under the window seal where it is rolled up. In other words where the window goes up and down in the channel. To prove this duct tape the seal area where the window goes up and down and hose massive amounts of water on the window. After, open door and see if it has any water coming out the bottom weep holes of the door. Skip...tryin to be a long distance mechanic...:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skip said:
More than likely the water you see in the door is what has run down the window and under the window seal where it is rolled up. In other words where the window goes up and down in the channel. To prove this duct tape the seal area where the window goes up and down and hose massive amounts of water on the window. After, open door and see if it has any water coming out the bottom weep holes of the door. Skip...tryin to be a long distance mechanic...:lol: :lol: :lol:
No car seals completely there, that is normal for any car though they all have waterdrains in the door but they are designed to let the water out as it gets in... for some reason the water does not come out until you open the door....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
No car seals completely there, that is normal for any car though they all have waterdrains in the door but they are designed to let the water out as it gets in... for some reason the water does not come out until you open the door....
Tim for the water to get into the door it has to be the door to window seal leaking. I've taken off plenty of door covers and very very seldom do I detect any water leakage. As I said duct tape that seal and see if that keeps the water out. Iffen it does than Saturn owes you a new window to door seal. Now as to drainage of said door, there should be what they call weep holes on the bottom of the door. Iffen there is a little bit of crap from making the door than it might plug the holes. Either way you stand to lose the speaker and the electrical to that door unless it is fixed to your satisfaction. Skip...Tell me what happens.....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Skip said:
Tim for the water to get into the door it has to be the door to window seal leaking. I've taken off plenty of door covers and very very seldom do I detect any water leakage. As I said duct tape that seal and see if that keeps the water out. Iffen it does than Saturn owes you a new window to door seal. Now as to drainage of said door, there should be what they call weep holes on the bottom of the door. Iffen there is a little bit of crap from making the door than it might plug the holes. Either way you stand to lose the speaker and the electrical to that door unless it is fixed to your satisfaction. Skip...Tell me what happens.....:lol: :lol:
I will have them look at it

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They wanted to keep my car for a couple days and i decided before I let them do that to see if I could find the leak myself..., I went to the local car wash and spent about 10 minutes spraying the passengers door with high pressure water.
Well even with all that water, no leaks, I don't understand, Was it my imagination or what? I guess now i will wait til I see it happen again before i jump to conclusions.... maybe it was something else, I did notice that sometimes I don't get the passenger window all the way up... maybe that is what it was ....
I guess with this car I am really being picky with it...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
They wanted to keep my car for a couple days and i decided before I let them do that to see if I could find the leak myself..., I went to the local car wash and spent about 10 minutes spraying the passengers door with high pressure water.
Well even with all that water, no leaks, I don't understand, Was it my imagination or what? I guess now i will wait til I see it happen again before i jump to conclusions.... maybe it was something else, I did notice that sometimes I don't get the passenger window all the way up... maybe that is what it was ....
I guess with this car I am really being picky with it...
I will be picky also.
This almost sounds like water from a certain angle... IE: side winds or only when driven through rain.... Try to duplicate what angle/conditions you were in before the last water you saw.
There are too many electronic goodies in the door to let it fill up!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rick Tinley Park said:
I will be picky also.
This almost sounds like water from a certain angle... IE: side winds or only when driven through rain.... Try to duplicate what angle/conditions you were in before the last water you saw.
There are too many electronic goodies in the door to let it fill up!
seems to have been both when it was parked and when I was driving, I tried it form about every angle I could aim it too....

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just completed a 1800 mile trip with my SKY and on one day I drove at least 200 miles in rain. Some of it was so heavy you had to slow down to 45 on the interstate. Also, it rained while I was parked overnight. Not one drop of water anywhere. I felt pretty good.
It would be interesting to hear from others who have driven :driving: in a lot of rain.
:cheers:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just a thought about leak-testing....

Even though you tried the high-pressure hose, it may have been blasting the water across the leaky spot, and not allowing it to dribble in. Sorta like how the water goes up on the side of a waterslide when the slide has a bend in it. Maybe you should try filling buckets with water, and pouring them onto the roof where it meets the window. This deluge may better recreate a heavy, soaking rain. Pour the water at a good volume, taking like 10 seconds or so to empty the bucket rather than just an instantaneous dump.

Worth a shot, right?

I admit that right now my money says you didn't have the window shut tight. I have done this several times by accident with my car. My friend has a bimmer with the one-touch-up windows. I wish GM had that.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Rain? What's that?

It hasn't rained here since I got my Sky... But it will rain plenty this summer - so I will look carefully for leaks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts