Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Tony, take a deep breath and relax. There are no "shavings" running around in your oil. The sprockets are wore down from 115,000 miles on the engine. As the sprockets wear down there are microscopic pieces of metal that wear away and are trapped in the oil filter.

If you have ever used a magnetic oil drain plug you will know what I'm talking about. It is almost like a fine dust that accumulates on the magnetic drain plug. You are good to go.:cheers:

Larry

·
Registered
323 Posts
(55) is the tech number on your receipt. Looks like they use the ADP or DealerTrack DMS (Dealership Management System) system for writing and those are a bit more cryptic to decipher. A little less customer friendly if you will.... They did 1 of 2 things for billing out the labor:

1. Used a "hourly" tech to do the work, which I don't think happened, but you never know as these are usually your less experienced techs
2. Had to play with the labor time to get the bill where it was supposed to be (either by adding money or taking it away to match the "estimate")

So, most will do #2 . However, IMSMC book labor time from GM is about 14.8hrs or 16.8hr, I can't remember, for a timing chain. You said they were an even $100/hr. Most of the time they will add to the cost of labor. If you would like, I can definitely get you confirmation on what book time is for a timing chain. But at any rate (no pun intended), it's fixed.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts