Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced some type of substance (maybe a wax) on the wiper blades? I don't feel it on the blades but I had my first rain storm in my Sky today and when I turned the wipers on I got a bunch of streaks across my window from the blades "skipping". The streaks feel like a wax on the glass.

Also, anyone hear of a product called Diamond Fusion? Supposedly it's 10x better than RainX so I had my dealership put it on the car. It's some type of device that puts an acid of some type on the window to smooth out the imperfections in the glass? During the rain though it didn't seem to be any better, if not worse, than RainX. I've left a voicemail with my sales person to see if they really did do the process or if I still have to bring it in for it.

Joseph

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
USFJoseph said:
Has anyone experienced some type of substance (maybe a wax) on the wiper blades? I don't feel it on the blades but I had my first rain storm in my Sky today and when I turned the wipers on I got a bunch of streaks across my window from the blades "skipping". The streaks feel like a wax on the glass.

Also, anyone hear of a product called Diamond Fusion? Supposedly it's 10x better than RainX so I had my dealership put it on the car. It's some type of device that puts an acid of some type on the window to smooth out the imperfections in the glass? During the rain though it didn't seem to be any better, if not worse, than RainX. I've left a voicemail with my sales person to see if they really did do the process or if I still have to bring it in for it.

Joseph
I have heard (heard -- never tried) that silicon grease will renew old blades. Wipe it on and wipe off the excess. It will make the bade more flexible. It is, however, not a fix -- just to get you extra time before you buy new.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have heard (heard -- never tried) that silicon grease will renew old blades. Wipe it on and wipe off the excess. It will make the bade more flexible. It is, however, not a fix -- just to get you extra time before you buy new.
I only recieved the car from my dealer last Thursday -- I wouldn't need to "renew" such new blades would I?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
USFJoseph said:
I only recieved the car from my dealer last Thursday -- I wouldn't need to "renew" such new blades would I?
Freakin shouldn't!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
Freakin shouldn't!
I would hope not!
Sounds like this "treatment" either was not done right or it is somehow messing with your blade's abilities. I'd rant at the dealer; "Charging me $$ for some *&%^ that doesn't work. I want it fixed or the $$ back NOW!!" Don't i sound mean!!:lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
I would hope not!
Sounds like this "treatment" either was not done right or it is somehow messing with your blade's abilities. I'd rant at the dealer; "Charging me $$ for some *&%^ that doesn't work. I want it fixed or the $$ back NOW!!" Don't i sound mean!!:lol:
LOL -- Talked to my dealer a little bit ago. Taking it in tomorrow morning for them to look at (and clean up!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts