Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the local mall and it seems that just about every auto magazine has an article about the solstice. granted its not the saturn but they are both kappa platforms and are pretty much identical as far as underpinnings so... the sol has gotten great reviews. in one mag. it beat out the miata in tests. thats a great accomplishment considering its the first model of the sol. miata has been out how long? great job GM. i cant wait to see the rave reviews aboutthe sky.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to peak your interest, also i thinkit was in automobile, they say the HP is now 177 and TQ is 170. maybe, they are just assuming its the same as the sol but if their info is rite... well we got 7 more HP to look forward to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it mite but i mite not.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Solstice has officially been 177 HP & 167 lbs-ft since NAIAS 2005 where the Sky's 170 HP was officially announced along with the official info being on the Sky area of the Saturn site.

I'm pretty sure the extra HP and Torque comes from ECU tuning of the use of 91+ octane fuel, and the expense of fuel economy to gain more power. Everything else being the same, you always have to play the sacrifices game when it comes to engineering aspects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts