Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am posting for Tony and Eileen about an upcoming run on Aug 24th. All the details are on facebook too https://www.facebook.com/events/868833526461937/

Tony and Eileen will be hosting the Bullitt Run August 24, 2014 9:30-5:00. Meet at San Bruno Starbucks 1212 El Camino Real San Bruno CA 650-872-0348. From there we will drive to photo op place, head to our run, where we will follow the historic Bullitt run. We will stop for a potty break and then lunch. After lunch we will head to Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos form 2-4:30 Educational Events & Family Activities San Mateo & Redwood City | Hiller Aviation History Museum. And of course after that we will have Ice Cream.

Attendees
1)Tony and Eileen
2)Ed and Barb
3)Dave and Phyllis
4)Gary and Karen
5)Vince and Patti
6)Dave and Jen
7)Larry and Christine
8)Bill and Patricia

·
Registered
350 Posts
We are a Maybe.
Ann has a conflict but I may go.
My old stomping grounds - Siera Point Darth Vader building, Burlingame Route 66, San Bruno Artichoke Joe's LOL.
The 84 home through the twisties.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to Mr Simon :)

We are a Maybe.
Ann has a conflict but I may go.
My old stomping grounds - Siera Point Darth Vader building, Burlingame Route 66, San Bruno Artichoke Joe's LOL.
The 84 home through the twisties.
Its in our own back yard:thumbs:. I think this is going to be a good one for the books:agree:. I would like to Thank Tony & Eileen for putting this up for the club.:cheers: ED

·
Registered
750 Posts
It would be a CRIME to miss this run

Count us in for sure.

This is one of my favorite movies...PERIOD! I was raised in SF and my younger brother returned from Vietnam with a bunch of back pay in his pocket...he watched Bullitt in the theater and went out and bought a '68 Charger (black) from the old Van Ness Dodge. I loved driving this car so much, I bought me one, a '69 Charger R/T. I owned my Charger 39 years. They were about 10-12 MPG in city driving, but who cared in those days. Premium was 36 cents! McDonalds cheese burger was .25! Those were the days cruising the streets of San Francisco in our new Chargers. :cool:

Note; two Chargers were used in the movie. It took three Mustang GT's to get thru the movie. The Ford engines were modified to keep up with the 440 Magnum Charger. No engine modifications were made on the Chargers. :thumbs: The Mustangs kept breaking suspension parts and the Chargers kept loosing hubcaps. Yes, the Charger looses 5 hubcaps. :lol:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Count us in for sure.

This is one of my favorite movies...PERIOD! I was raised in SF and my younger brother returned from Vietnam with a bunch of back pay in his pocket...he watched Bullitt in the theater and went out and bought a '68 Charger (black) from the old Van Ness Dodge. I loved driving this car so much, I bought me one, a '69 Charger R/T. I owned my Charger 39 years. They were about 10-12 MPG in city driving, but who cared in those days. Premium was 36 cents! McDonalds cheese burger was .25! Those were the days cruising the streets of San Francisco in our new Chargers. :cool:

Note; two Chargers were used in the movie. It took three Mustang GT's to get thru the movie. The Ford engines were modified to keep up with the 440 Magnum Charger. No engine modifications were made on the Chargers. :thumbs: The Mustangs kept breaking suspension parts and the Chargers kept loosing hubcaps. Yes, the Charger looses 5 hubcaps. :lol:
Yay Bill and Patricia are coming, now we can get in to the museum with a senior discount with Bill along :eek::cheers: Just Kidding Bwana (not really) Barb

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I apologize if the question seems a bit dense, but is 9:30 AM the meetup time or the departure time?
Meet up time, rolling at 10 I do believe.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Thank you to Tony and Eileen for hosting our Bullitt run today with the WCKCC. As usual we had perfect weather, great friends, beautiful scenery and ice cream too :) Ed and I had a great time. Thank you

Animoto - Bullitt Run WCKCC 2014

·
Registered
750 Posts
Love these Animoto clips. Looks like you had a great time. But, someone should have told LeChief that there aren't any cup holders in that cockpit. I once worked at SFO for United and I remember those Flying Tiger 747's. Those 747's could haul a hi-bypass fanjet engine on a fifth wing pylon and when they did it looked so strange to see 3 engines on one wing and two on the other. It was an inovative design by Boeing to transport big jet engines.

FYI; we dodged a Bullitt (get it) our house suffered no damage in the Napa quake other than stuff in closets, bath and kitchen cabinets. garage shelving, fine china cabinet was tossed around and the loss of a ton of water knocked out of our spa. And the cover was on it! :eek:

The cat was missing for hours too. No power for 11 hours. Just long enough to melt the ice cream and warm my beer locker...:mad:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love these Animoto clips. Looks like you had a great time. But, someone should have told LeChief that there aren't any cup holders in that cockpit. I once worked at SFO for United and I remember those Flying Tiger 747's. Those 747's could haul a hi-bypass fanjet engine on a fifth wing pylon and when they did it looked so strange to see 3 engines on one wing and two on the other. It was an inovative design by Boeing to transport big jet engines.

FYI; we dodged a Bullitt (get it) our house suffered no damage in the Napa quake other than stuff in closets, bath and kitchen cabinets. garage shelving, fine china cabinet was tossed around and the loss of a ton of water knocked out of our spa. And the cover was on it! :eek:

The cat was missing for hours too. No power for 11 hours. Just long enough to melt the ice cream and warm my beer locker...:mad:
Bill we missed you both on this run. We are so glad that all is well in Napa and look forward to seeing you both in a few weeks at the Flying Z run, glad Thomas the cat came home safe and sound. Barb

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bullitt Run 12 x 12 by B Gillespie Photography

Here is a 12 x 12 representing our outing on Sunday, Barb

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Bill we missed you both on this run. We are so glad that all is well in Napa and look forward to seeing you both in a few weeks at the Flying Z run, glad Thomas the cat came home safe and sound. Barb
Thanks Barb :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts