Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
The West Coast Kappa Car Club is pleased to announce the following dates and cities::cheers:
These will be our official meets for the remainder of 2006, We wanted to get the dates published sooner rather than later so that folks can plan their vacations.

There will be more information to follow regarding Lodging and activities, but a central part each of these events will be the club business meeting on Saturday night after dinner.

Those who have attended our meets in the past know that they're great fun. Also, we're working on something a bit different for the September meet, so keep an ear to the ground as we get more details.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My birthday is June 16th.. I turn 20...

Too bad we won't have a Redline until September-December... The Laguna Seca meet, will the cars be able to do laps on Mazda Raceway? That would be awesome... Hell I would just take one lap slow, just to tell people I did... I love Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we will be able to do some parade laps at Laguna Seca. The Sky & Solstice would need a roll cage for it to legally be able to do laps at speed.
These events should be a blast.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Parade Laps?

Unfortunately, I can't make the Tahoe meet but, count me in for the September meet. Parade laps on the Mazda Laguna Seca track will be way too much fun :lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Wckcc

By the way, what do I need to do to become a member in good standing?

·
Registered
311 Posts
June is out for me. World Cup Soccer is on. September sounds good though.

What about people who haven't joined but wants to see what WCKKC is all about?:) :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We will have meeting minutes, bylaws, and membership applications posted soon on our website. Our website is also coming soon. I will keep you posted and try to duplicate informational posts here on the Sky Forum. You might want to visit the dark side over at the Solstice forum to read up on the doings of the WCKCC.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I assume parade laps are just some fun drives around the track.. if they could make a nice looking roll cage for the car I would do it, but by the looks of the car it would be a little obtrusive..

I would walk the whole track if I had to though :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WCKCC Event Sept

The West Coast Kappa Car Club (Sky & Solstice) schedule of events is shaping up. The Crimson Avenger will be posting information about lodging and logistics for the June 16th, 17th and 18th Tahoe meeting very shortly.

I would like some feedback from you regarding accommodations for our Sept. 8th, 9th & 10th meeting in the Monterey area. This event will be a blast. We will be participating in the Cherry's Jubilee:

September 8-10, 2006
Cherry's Jubilee Car Show and Festival— The biggest "Oldies" Party of the Year. Show 'n Shine in Monterey, Wharf Waterfront, Carmel Valley and Mazda Laguna Seca Recreation Area. Scenic Poker Run through Historic Monterey Peninsula and Fisherman's Wharf. Parade your "cherry" on Mazda Laguna Seca's famous 2.2-mile circuit.

This year they are opening it up to car clubs. We will be allowed to take parade laps as a club. They will have Vendors, food, live music and all sorts of activities.

https://dnbweb1.blackbaud.com/OPXREP...F4063&eid=6733
http://www.svmh.com/foundation/reg_form.pdf
http://www.virgleo.com/gallery/CherrysJubilee
http://www.svmh.com/foundation/jubilee_thumb.asp

Motorcycles at Cherry's Jubilee— Show N' Shine in Monterey and Laguna Seca. Poker Run in Salinas, Cannery Row, Pacific Grove & Carmel Valley. Parade Laps on the famous Laguna Seca Track. Vendors, Bike games, Live Band, Ride in Show, Cherry's Sports Bar and more.
http://www.virgleo.com/gallery/album16

The West Coast Kappa Car Club is off to a GREAT start. Very soon, our website will be up. You will be able to view pictures, (and video), of past events, review the Bylaws, read Meeting Minutes, Download Membership Applications, learn of upcoming events, be eligible for member discounts, have voting rights and other member benefits to be announced.

The West Coast Kappa Car Club is striving to bring, not only fun drives and great social gatherings, but also coordinate activities, (like the Cherry's Jubilee), into our events.

Back to the September event.
I am posting a poll, (closes in 7 days), to get your input regarding accomodations. It will be multiple choice, so vote for as many as you want.

Carmel Valley Lodge http://www.valleylodge.com/welcome.htm Secluded, private, beautiful and a short traffic fee drive through the oak studded hills to Laguna Seca. Fireplace rooms range from $179 to $219. Large meeting room and only 31 rooms total. Five minute walk to a variety of restaurants in Carmel Valley. This hotel is right on the twisty driving route we have planned. G16 & Carmel Valley Rd. Otherwise we would have a long trek just to start are drive.

Colton Inn in Monterey http://www.coltoninn.com Very nice accommodations. A little longer drive to Laguna Seca. HWY 68 will be congested, especially on Cherry's Jubilee weekend. Group rate $149 a night. The meeting room only holds 20 people. There is an option of holding our meeting on the deck outside.

Salinas; The Laurel Inn Motel http://www.laurelinnmotel.com/home.htm Finest in Salinas and an amazing rate. Salinas is about the same distance from Laguna Seca as Monterey. You will still be dealing with a lot of traffic but maybe not as much as coming from Monterey. Unfortunately, the only meeting room left that is available, hold 25 people. The balcony adjacent to the meeting room holds a few more. The Room rates are unbelievable, $59 a night. Hard to beat.

Here is the link to the Solstice Forum Poll.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15042

·
Registered
266 Posts
Monterey Native

what a great event for the group...Monterey is paradise..although my brother was killed racing at Laguna Seca...it is still an exciting place..and the beauty of the peninsula is hard to match...rock on

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Laguna Seca Cherry's Jubilee

The package for the sportcar clubs and newer car will be up on the new web site in a couple of weeks. That will be www.cherrysjubilee.org

The car club package looks like it will have the following:
Show'n Shine- Monterey and Laguna Seca.
Poker Run thru Salinas Monterey, Pacific Grove Carmel Valley and Pebble Beach.
Parade Laps on the famous Laguna Seca track.
Sock-hop and no-host BBQ dinner at Laguna Seca (Sat Eve).
Vendor Booths.
Awards
Two 2-day adult passes for the event.
$20.00 worth of tokens to be used as cash at participating local business.
Two tickets for the Sunday pancake breakfast at laguna Seca.
One adult event T-**** and embroidered cap as well as a dash plaque and goodie bag.

Early bird price will be $83.00 per car (2 people)
$93.00 for registration after July 30th

Overall I think you get a good deal for $83.00 for two people.

Remember, this event is fund raising event, so our fees are going to a worthy cause.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Angelqute1 said:
I want to go!!!
GREAT!
We hope to see you there. Bring that smile:) , sorry:nono: I did not mean to flirt

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can count me in I just hope I have my sky delivered to me by then.

SO how do we register for the event? Through their website as individuals or through the car club? Who do we contact?

:cheers:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Registration

We hope to have our new Websight released this evening.
There, you can download the registration and an application if you wish to join the club.
We look forward to meeting you.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Count me in for Monterey and Laguna Seca. I was at the track last week-end for the Grand Am/Daytona Prototype event. Can hardly wait to get on the track!

I'm glad it'll be "pace Laps" other wise I'd prolly wreck my new SKY (if it gets here).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Official Launch Club Website

Drum Roll .................:party:

The West Coast Kappa Car Club has launched our official website.

We have been working hard developing the ground work for a strong viable club. You now can visit the site to view details of upcoming events, view pictures and videos of our past events, download event registration forms, download membership application forms, read the minutes of past events, become familiar with our bylaws, link to supporting vendors, link to the Sky and Solstice Forums, etc.

We are still developing the site. Eventually we will have member areas to vote on logo selections, upcoming event locations and agendas. A member bio area with galleries, and more.

We look forward to your participation in the club and our events. We have some great ideas in store for the future. We are open to your suggestions and input. This is YOUR club, and we want it to reflect what the membership wants.

Please view the site - Download the Registration form for out June 16,17,18 event for Lake Tahoe, (we will be adding a drive to Virginia City Sunday for brunch / register early to guarantee the group rates we have negotiated). Then download the Membership Application, (save on your registration fee).

We are working on other member benefits, (Vendor and other discounts, etc.)

Please help us promote our events and club. If you have been to one of our events or are already a member, that won't be hard. Thank you for your support. :cheers:

http://westcoast.kappacarclub.org/

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
WCKCC 2006 Official Meeting Schedule

The West Coast Kappa Car Club is pleased to announce the following dates and cities:
These will be our official meets for the remainder of 2006, We wanted to get the dates published sooner rather than later so that folks can plan their vacations.

There will be more information to follow regarding Lodging and activities, but a central part each of these events will be the club business meeting on Saturday night after dinner.

Those who have attended our meets in the past know that they're great fun. Also, we're working on something a bit different for the September meet, so keep an ear to the ground as we get more details.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tahoe Meet

We are getting close. Please visit www.wckcc.org and download your registration forms. This will be a great trip to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Remember to download your membership applications when you visit our websight, and ave on your registration.
See you there. :cheers:

If you have not visited the West Coast Kappa Car Club site yet, check it out. There is a lot of information there, (pictures and videos of past event, schedule of upcoming events, etc.). We are still adding content to the site, but we are off to a good start. Members will be asked to vote on our logo soon.
Thank you for your support!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts