Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

For our Early Start of Summer run, we're finally able to run the full length of Angeles Crest Highway. The highway just opened up, and that's where we're going.

It's been a busy month with Glendora Mountain Road the first weekend in May, Sequoia last weekend, and the Coastal Redwoods BBQ this weekend.

I've been thinking it might be nice to start over at the Wrightwood end, and finish the run at Galco's Soda Pop Stop.

Anyway, the road was damaged and closed in the winter of 2004-2005... Now it's finally open... So, I can think of no better way to celebrate than to drive the road!

This is the first time we'll be able to take Kappas (Solstice and Sky) roadsters along this historic route from end to end, because it was closed shortly before our cars were introduced, and has been closed ever since--that is until NOW! :)

66 miles of beautiful road climbing from the Pasadena area up along the ridge line to it's peak of 7901 feet at Dawson Saddle and on out to the Cajon Pass.

I'll post more precise details shortly, but I wanted to whet your appetite.

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Route details

Hi folks,

At the Monthly So Cal dinner tonight, folks seemed to be interested in an afternoon run.

So, here's the scoop:
  • 12:00 to 1:30 Lunch @ IHOP off the 215. (Click here and put in your address for directions to IHOP)
    IHOP Restaurant
    4023 University Pkwy # 6
    San Bernardino, CA 92407​
  • Drive out through Glen Helen Regional Park to Wrightwood on some back roads
  • Stop for a short rest and refreshments at the Grizzly Cafe (They have Ice Cream!!)
    Grizzly Cafe
    1455 State Highway 2
    Wrightwood CA 92397​
  • 3:15 Out onto the Angeles Crest Highway
  • 5:30 Arrive @ Galco's Soda Pop Stop
    Galco's Soda Pop Stop
    5702 York Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90042​
Here's a Google Map Link of the route: Click here for Google Map Link to WCKCC 2009-05-30 Angeles Crest Grand Re-Opening Drive

This is a WCKCC event, and we have our standard registration form. (see attached form)

Current WCKCC members receive free registration, guests are $5 per car, and the fee is applicable to your club dues if you join or renew within 30 days. (WCKCC Online Membership Application)

Hope to see you there! :thumbs:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts