Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Northern portion of the Mt. Lassen Run has been finalized.

This portion of the run will include:

April 18
08:30 AM: Group at the Marie Callender's Restaurant @ Hiways 49 and 80 [For those desiring to arrive on Friday evening there's a Holiday Inn adjacent to the restaurant. Reservations can be made by calling (530)887-8787]
09:00 AM: Form up and head for Grass Valley and Empire Mine via Hiway 49
10:00 AM: Tour of Mine and Empire House [Please advise if you prefer a "Self Tour" - $3.00 each or a "Guided Tour" - $6.00 each as we will need to reserve a Guide for the Park's 10:00 Opening]
11:15 AM: Form up and head for Nevada City via Hiway 49
11:30 AM: Lunch at the Trolley Junction Restaurant. Location and menu @ Untitled Document
1:00 PM Form up and head for Downieville via Hiway 49
2:15 PM Bio Break - Downieville; Hiway 49 to Bassetts Back Road - Gold Lake Highway to Hiway 89 and Quincy
4:15 PM Bio Break - Qunicy; Hiway 89 to Hiway 147 along the east side of Lake Almanor to Hiway 36 and Chester
5:45 Check-in @ Bidwell House Bed & Breakfast [Filip and Eva have blocked out the entire B&B for the West Coast Kappa Car Club - all 14 rooms - each room will receive a 20% discount over the standard rates, but you will need to call and reserve your room and payment mechanism. Please see the types of rooms available @ Bidwell House Inn - Chester, CA and even though they show an X call Filip or Eva at (530)258-3338 to see which rooms haven't been taken by participating WCKCC members yet. Make sure you mention that you are with the West Coast Kappa Car Club or they will tell you that there's no rooms available for the 18th.]
7:00 PM Dinner in Chester TBD

Day 2
07:00 AM Coffee and Breakfast provided by Eva
08:00 AM Group Photo in Bidwell House Driveway
08:30 AM Form up - Hiway 36 through Chester to Mt. Lassen [Depending on seasonal road access - Mt. Lassen photo opportunities]
11:00 AM Either Hiway 36 or Hiway 44 in Redding/Red Bluff
12:30 Lunch - Red Bluff @ Green Barn
2:00 PM Form up - I-5 Southbound for Sacramento
3:30 PM Maxwell Rest Stop - Bio Break
4:30 - 5:00 Dunagan - Sacramento Area: Seperate and head to respective home locations via 505; I-5; 80.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks Great Count us In.

Looks like you have planned everything down to the second (would we expect anything less). We have secured our room at the Bidwell house. Will go with what ever the group wants on the mine tour. Thanks - Gloria:party:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Maria and I have our room reserved:cheers:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Count Jane & Me in on Saturday portion of the weekend run. We have family obligations on Sunday so we won't be able to do that part of the run. Looking forward to one day of fun.

·
Registered
492 Posts
This look like a lot of fun. I have been to Mt. Lassen once before. It is beautiful there. I hope this event draws some new participants for Northern CA, OR, and , WA.

I am not sure I can make it. My wife has her comp exam for her graduate program in LA that weekend. I am sure she will drag me down there with her.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Bidwell House Inn.

OK, we are set to go.. We are staying in the Garden Room. Can't go wrong in a Garden!!!:jester:

• Check-out time is 11:00 a.m., check-in time 3-6:00 p.m. Other arrangements can be made in advance for late arrivals.
• Rates are based on double occupancy (Stover-McKenzie Cottage and Bidwell Suite rate is based on quad occupancy). Rates include breakfast for two (Stover-McKenzie Cottage and Bidwell Suite rate includes breakfast for four). Each additional person is $20. Extra breakfasts for your guest are $12 per person. All rates subject to applicable taxes. All rates subject to change without notice.
• The Bidwell House is a non-smoking Inn. We wish to provide our guest with clean and fresh environment. Those who smoke must do so outside. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged for smoking indoors.
• We're sorry, we cannot accommodate pets. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged for pets in the room.
• Cancellation Policy:
Reservation. A reservation is a commitment by the guests that they will be staying in the Inn on the date, or dates, that they reserve. Any change in the dates reserved will be deemed a cancellation and, unless cancelled timely**, the guest will be charged for the dates reserved. All cancellations are subject to a minimum cancellation charge of $25.00.
Cancellation Notice. The guests are required to notify the Inn, in writing, of their intended cancellation within the time periods set forth below. Upon receipt of notification from the guests of their intention to cancel, the Inn will confirm the cancellation in writing ("Cancellation Letter") and send the guest a Cancellation Letter. As the cancellation is complete only upon sending the Cancellation Letter, the Cancellation Letter should be retained by the guests as proof of the cancellation.
** Holidays/Special Events. If the reservation for a stay in the Inn falls on a holiday, holiday weekend or special event, written notification of the cancellation must be received by the Inn no less than 14 days before the date(s) of the stay and confirmed, in writing, by the Inn.
** Multiple Room Reservations. If the reservation is for two or more rooms in the Inn, written notification of the cancellation must be received by the Inn no less than 14 days before the date(s) of the stay and confirmed, in writing, by the Inn.
** Other cancellations. If the reservation for a stay in the Inn is not subject to the Holiday or Multiple Room cancellation set forth above, written notification of the cancellation must be received by the Inn no less than 7 days before the date(s) of the stay and confirmed, in writing, by the Inn.
Guests notifying the Inn of a cancellation may do so by U.S. Mail, e-mail, or Fax.
• Young Person Policy. The goal of the Inn is to provide a relaxing and tranquil environment for all of our guests. Some of our rooms are more suitable for families and children than others. If you have children under 10 years of age, please inquire at the time of making your reservation whether the accommodations available are suitable for families with children under 10, to insure we are able to meet your needs and those of the other guests.
• The Bidwell House is a favorite wedding destination, and our garden is reserved for wedding party for most Saturdays during June, July, August and September. Receptions are generally held between 11AM and 10PM, and we respect quiet hour after 10PM. If you have any concerns about event scheduled during your stay, please give us a call.

If you have any questions regarding your stay, do not hesitate to contact us.

Eva & Filip Laboda
Innkeepers

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Ed and I don't know what our play-off hockey schedule is yet. We will keep you posted. Barb

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I was thinking!

Ed and I don't know what our play-off hockey schedule is yet. We will keep you posted. Barb
We knew there's was going to be a Thunder sticking point.:thumbs:

I wish them well and if the local part of the playoffs hits that weekend, your Yellow GOTHNDA car will be with us "in spirit".:grouphug:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sharks playoffs

We also don't know if are playing that weekend. Hopefully we have that time off.
Judy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like great fun. Charli and I will have to miss this event. We will be on our way to
Myrtle Beach with many stops along the way.

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Well, I've made my reservations, and the discount from the published rates is SUBSTANTIAL (20%).

That's way better than the 10% you can sometimes get with AAA...

There are still several rooms left. When I made my reservations, there were still 9 rooms left.

I'm really looking forward to this trip, it's been 9 years since I was last at Lassen. (Wow, has it really been 9 years?)

Also, just so everyone knows, we will shortly be announcing the club sponsored voyage drives up from Southern California, and somewhere in the Central area as well.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Which Room are you in????

Rose Room Pete and Niles
Meadow Room Bruce and Jerri
Robin's Roost ????????
Old Glory Ken and Judy
Lassen Mike and Irene
Garden Gary and Karen
Hunters Charles and Gloria
Annies Sonia
Hummingbird Grant and Maria
Aspen
Bidwell Suite
Master Ed and Barb
2nd Bedroom Dave and Phyllis
Stover-Mckenzie
1st Bedroom
2nd Bedroom
McKenzie Suite A Vincent
McKenzie Suite B

As of April 7th, we have 11 rooms reserved and 3 vacant. Those that are interested, make your reservations before April 11th or we may have to open the unoccupied rooms for the "general public'.

BTW Fred and Jane will be joining us for the morning portion of the run. So as of now we have a confirmed 12 cars participating on Saturday Morning, 11 heading for Chester, and 10 for Mt. Lassen. Any others from Southern California ?????

·
Registered
111 Posts
Charles and Gloria - Hunter room

·
Registered
750 Posts
Darn, no can do....

We will have to miss this trip. We will be moving into new office space this month.

Bill

·
Registered
160 Posts
Room booked

I booked our room today, I'm not sure which one though. We hope the sharks are out of town (cross your fingers).

Ken & Judy:thumbs:

It will be good to be back on the road again. Ken is getting ansie to take our sky for a long ride, more then in and out of the garage.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The meadow room, old glory, lassen, even the rose room, definatly the Hunter room would be appropriate but nooooooo. We are in the hummingbird, :lol:how cute.

Grant made the reservations.

Maria

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Lets see, the Hummerbird room has potential:D Actually I picked the room because I am a very sensitive, caring person and thought the name was cute. Yeah right

1 - 20 of 90 Posts