Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WCKCC Run to the Rockies - 2009 NASSM Meet

The Northern and Central Sections of the WCKCC have put together the final plans for heading out to the Nationals. The Run starts on June 12th in Valley Springs and runs for 6-days through 8 National Parks and lots of twisties. The final Run Sheet has been attached and each page covers the routes, stops, food and fuel locations, and overnight stays.

Right now we have 6 cars (5 Kappas and 1 RX 8) leaving Valley Springs on the 12th. One meeting us on the evening of the 13th in Springdale, UT. One meeting us on the evening of the 15th in Moab, UT. We are also going to tie in with a Kappa owner in Panaca, NV for lunch.

Please do not hestiate to let me know if you'd like to join us, either at the start or while in route. We will try to hold within 30-60 minutes of the schedule, but CAN NOT guarantee anything, depending on photo opportunities and conditions beyond our control. However, we will propably be at the overnight points sometime on the scheduled day.

If you would like to see all of the previous posts for this trip please visit: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f33/wckcc-participation-2009-nassm-denver-nationals-6-18-21-a-27035/

Please see the post below for an updated Run Sheet - I found some errors on page three.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks for the update

Dave, this is great.

My friend Dan (some of you met him at one of the hockey games) may be tagging along (aka unk car) for the first part of the trip. He'll depart our group on the 15th...and drive back to CA.

Can't wait - this is going to be such fun! :grouphug:

To quote our dear friend Barb "we're makin' a memory" and I'm sure we'll have lots by the time we get back home!

Sonia
aka Hot Lips

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is Great!!

Dave, thanks for all the hard work you have put into this. This document really lays it out and makes it much easier to get it all printed.

Can not wait for the fun to start..

Charles and Gloria

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Your the MAN [TINK !!!]

Dave it looks great:thumbs: Thanks for all your work on this Great Outting for our club. Ed [Go Thunda]:cheers:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corrected Run Sheet

I found some errors on page three (Wrong Zip Code and city names where Bio-Breaks can be made - the others were just junctions with nothing but a bush!!) Google photos are great to see what is actually there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I found some errors on page three (Wrong Zip Code and city names where Bio-Breaks can be made - the others were just junctions with nothing but a bush!!) Google photos are great to see what is actually there.
Bush?? What kind of bush??? A big sagebrush or the George variety!! Oh never mind I don't want to use either kind for my bio-break :eek:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me either

Bush?? What kind of bush??? A big sagebrush or the George variety!! Oh never mind I don't want to use either kind for my bio-break :eek:
The bush with the Capital 'B' got "Bio-Breaked" on enough over the last four years.:nono: I'll just leave it at that!!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
How about the trip home?

Hey Dave,

Great job getting us there...now what about the trip home?

Being summer, and all - maybe hotel reservations should be made for the return trip (which I know will be a much shorter drive)...

I haven't a clue about getting back and do know I'll need to put my head down a couple of times!

Thanks,
Sonia

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trip Home????

Who was going to go home????

Hot Frash and I were planning on staying a couple of extra days as she has relatives in the Denver area and we would be remiss if we were all the way out there and didn't stop by. So we won't be heading back until mid-week. Don't know about my son Matt yet. He might hang with us or head back to Roseville via I-80 right after the event is over. I know Ed & Barb were planning on heading straight back Sunday and Monday. Don't know about Gary & Karen. Someone was planning on heading north and do the Black Hills and Yellowstone route over the following week.

So the trip back is kind of broken up and still needs to be worked out seperately or as smaller groups.

I think we'll just play it by ear and grab a Motel 6 or something when we get tired.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Trip home by way of Yellowstone N.P.?

I am considering taking a couple of extra days on the way home to drive through Yellowstone N.P. and the Grand Tetons N.P.

Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am considering taking a couple of extra days on the way home to drive through Yellowstone N.P. and the Grand Tetons N.P.

Anyone else interested?
Jon, I'd love to tag along. :driving:

Would like to be back in the SF Bay Area by Friday, the 26th...if that works for you let me know!

Sonia
aka Sxy Sky

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Yes, I also want to be back in San Diego by Friday.

I am considering driving up towards Grand Teton N.P. on Sunday. Spending most of Monday in Grand Teton and Yellowstone. If I can get reservations Monday night in or next to the park, then possibly a river rafting trip in Grand Teton and then start the return trip Tuesday afternoon. Since I am heading to southern California, we would probably part ways Wednesday, mid-morning in Salt Lake City, Utah. I would stop Thursday night in Las Vegas to visit my sister. And be back in San Diego on Friday.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes, I also want to be back in San Diego by Friday.

I am considering driving up towards Grand Teton N.P. on Sunday. Spending most of Monday in Grand Teton and Yellowstone. If I can get reservations Monday night in or next to the park, then possibly a river rafting trip in Grand Teton and then start the return trip Tuesday afternoon. Since I am heading to southern California, we would probably part ways Wednesday, mid-morning in Salt Lake City, Utah. I would stop Thursday night in Las Vegas to visit my sister. And be back in San Diego on Friday.
Sounds perfect Jon H.

Let me know what you find out about reservations the night of the 21st and 22nd...and I'll make the same!

Especially excited to do a river rafting adventure...as long as you don't mind if I tag along on that too!

PM me if you need my contact info.

Sonia

·
Registered
160 Posts
Returning Home

Ken & I will be returning home with Go thunder. We have to go back to work..boo but a week and a half later we leave for Hawaii. Can't work to long with out a vacation. Counting the days. Thanks Dave for putting together a great trip. All we need to do is drive (me I'm the co-pilot so it's easy). Thanks anyways.

Judy:thumbs::driving:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Grand Teton and Yellowstone N.P. side trip

I am looking at Monday and half day Tuesday in the parks. Hotel rooms appear to not be a problem. I even found one that has cabins available for about the same rate.:thumbs:

Sonia (SXY SKY): I will PM you with more info.

Judy (KJSky): Just an extra couple of days to see the great Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks! You can still be home by the weekend too!:)

- Jon

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
WooHoo let the countdown begin...............I only have 5 more days of work before vacation!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Let's roll

WooHoo let the countdown begin...............I only have 5 more days of work before vacation!!!!!!!!!
The count down is on!!! Lets roll!

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hot Frash and I were Talking

This time next week we'll be in Springdale:cheers: after visting the Aliens in Area 51:eek:.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Area 51 ?

So if your shirt glows in the dark :eek:does that mean you've seen aliens? [I don't mean the south of the border kind either]:D. See you next Friday:thumbs:. Ed [Go Thunda]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Humm

So if your shirt glows in the dark :eek:does that mean you've seen aliens? [I don't mean the south of the border kind either]:D. See you next Friday:thumbs:. Ed [Go Thunda]
Glowing in the dark!! Interesting!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts