Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,132 Posts
It appears to me that you guys are successfully driving off the posters. Seems to be less than usual, but I have been posting and reading a lot less since the crap format has been adapted. Congratulations on driving people to FaceBook it seems. Maybe that is the intent not sure. It is supposed to be so much better for mobile applications. I don't know, I never get email, surf the web, view movies or really anything I don't actually have to do on my phone. And I work for a wireless internet company that I started 20 years ago.

One thing I think you guys need to learn, if it isn't broke don't fix it. I think you have fixed it to the point where it is broke.

I keep trying to enjoy my experience, but it seems to be less each time I try it.

Yes I have tried dark mode and light mode, not much difference for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use the dark mode and the new format is fine with me. It's taken just a short time to get used to. One thing i would like to get rid of though is that constant "Enable Push Notifications" drop down notice in the upper left corner of my screen. I hit "Not Now" and it just keeps coming back....

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
One thing i would like to get rid of though is that constant "Enable Push Notifications" drop down notice in the upper left corner of my screen. I hit "Not Now" and it just keeps coming back....
What operating system and browser are you using? I've only had to respond to that query once, and it has never dropped down since.

Win7Pro/Firefox

:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
I see that message only if I accidentally log out, then log back in. You should be able to stay logged in, and just close the app or browser.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I see that message only if I accidentally log out, then log back in. You should be able to stay logged in, and just close the app or browser.
You nailed it! I just logged out, then logged back in and got the push notifications question. One of the reasons I forgot for staying logged in . . . Thanks, JohnWR!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the box "Stay Logged In" checked but as soon as i leave the forum it means i have to log in again the next time i visit.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
Does your browser delete cookies when you close a window?

What happens if you switch to a different site, then return to this one in the same window?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My browser is not set to delete cookies once i leave a site. If i close this page and go on to some other site and then return to this one, it seems to remember me for a little while (keeps me signed in) but after a few hours it loses me and i have to sign in again which in turn generates that damned "Enable Push Notifications" message.

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
My browser is not set to delete cookies once i leave a site. If i close this page and go on to some other site and then return to this one, it seems to remember me for a little while (keeps me signed in) but after a few hours it loses me and i have to sign in again which in turn generates that damned "Enable Push Notifications" message.
I am reporting this to see if we can get to the bottom of it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just as an aside and I'm not sure if it means anything, I'm a 'super moderator' on another Vertical Scope forum and i have the same issue on that site albeit without that annoying message.....

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
I am reporting this to see if we can get to the bottom of it.

- Cricket
I don't know if this helps, or even means anything, but I was just switching from one page to another within the forum when the "Enable Push Notifications" message rolled down, then rolled right back up before I had time to acknowledge it.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts