Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here, here...Pass the Grey Popon, champagne and the caviar my good man! We should not let the riff-raff over at the Solstice forum see this, as it might cause some unpleasantness here. After all they are a bit rough around the edges!:lol:

General Motors dances with the branding devil yet again with a badge-engineered Saturn version of the Pontiac Solstice sports car. Both are rear-drive Kappa platform two-seaters, but the Sky has sharper creases in its sheetmetal, styling borrowed heavily from the Vauxhall Lightning concept. Other changes versus the Pontiac include more standard equipment, such as OnStar, power windows and air conditioning (although you can option out a Solstice with all of the Sky's equipment) and a more elegant interior with piano black inserts and LED backlighting. The Sky will have the same suspension tuning and standard 170-horsepower, 2.4-liter Ecotec four as the Solstice, with probably a supercharged 2.2-liter four available sometime after launch. GM hopes enough buyers will discriminate between the two roadsters enough to help elevate Saturn upmarket, as a more prestigious, sophisticated brand than Pontiac.
By Editors of Motor Trend
Motor Trend, January 2005

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tru

I don't know about saturns but i know Pontiacs don't hold value at all...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I want my sky NOW said:
Based on what?

They don't depreciate any faster then any other GM car. Also Solstice owners who have had to sell their cars for whatever reason have been selling them for exactly what they paid for them + the taxes they paid as well. I'd call that selling them over value.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I want my sky NOW said:

Saturns don't hold their value very well either. Of course, the Sky and Sol are different because they are limited production models and there is a huge demand right now.

I think a guy could drive a sky for a whole year then flip it for even money if he wanted to.

I am going to hold on to mine forever though...what a cool sweet 16 gift for my future daughter who is being born in April...in fact I'll probably get her and the Sky right around the same time!!! :cheers:

Send me your Email addresses...Virtual Cigars for everyone...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yeah -- but they are driving....:brentil:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I want my sky NOW said:
A recent news article posted on Solsticeforum indicated that the Solstice is ranked as having the best resale of any domestic car.

Resale is basically an issue of supply and demand. Pontiacs like most GM cars are built in greater supply then there is really demand for. Therefore resale suffers since there is litterally more cars than people want.

I suspect it will be a long time before production of Solstice's and Sky's catches up with demand, which should mean very good resale for both in the near term.

The biggest threat to their resale is going to be the GXP/Redline, which could drop demand for the 2.4L kappas a little.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Chip said:
We should not let the riff-raff over at the Solstice forum see this, as it might cause some unpleasantness here. After all they are a bit rough around the edges!:lol:
Careful there Chipper! Moms watching! :lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
what a cool sweet 16 gift for my future daughter who is being born in April...in fact I'll probably get her and the Sky right around the same time!!! :cheers:

Congrats! I bet your wife hopes The Stork's "delivery" time is more accurate than what Pontiac and Saturn promise! LOL

Congrats again...I have a Daughter and I have to say Daughters are a very precious gift!!

ishot3bucks

·
Registered
945 Posts
you D O NOT wanna piss off Momssol

·
Registered
945 Posts
hey junior
don't let the big dogs run you off the forum

get back into this thing

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kappa Fan said:
Careful there Chipper! Moms watching! :lol:
Mom you made me laugh on this one! It's a good thing I did not say anything bad about a certain football team that your kinda fond of...:cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
come on guys and gals, lets not go to blasting one another's cars.... geeee

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 95 Saturn SL1 that my 16 year old grandaughter gets when I get my new Sky. I have added a wing and wood interior to it in the past and she is looking forward to my new Sky. My 14 year old grandson is looking forward to getting the Sky in a few years. Heck, I'm looking forward to getting it in a few months.

·
Registered
474 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
come on guys and gals, lets not go to blasting one another's cars.... geeee
SkyMan07, believe me - we are NOT blasting one another's cars! As a matter of fact - the two of us from the "Other Side" belong to a group that welcomes future Sky owners!
Much like the West Coast Kappa Car Club, we will also include ANY Sky owner that would like to join us in driving the hills and twisties of Ohio and PA.

These posts are just poking fun at someone we "know".

BTW: Have you seen my invitation for all Sky owners to attend the National Meet in Kansas City?

Kappa Cars ROCK!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think when we have our Skys we'll feel much better :cheers: :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:banghead: I get cranky w/o a leather wrapped steering wheel in my hands...

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Yeah -- but they are driving....:brentil:
I'm glad that a Sky waiter was the first to post this sentiment. Yes we are driving ours.

Mine spent some time recently at the local Saturn dealer in the new car delivery area. The sales manager and the sales team spent a couple of hours going over it so that they could become familiar with the way everything works.

They treated me to a car wash and the body shop guy fixed a small ding in my front panel.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Chip said:
Here, here...Pass the Grey Popon, champagne and the caviar my good man! We should not let the riff-raff over at the Solstice forum see this, as it might cause some unpleasantness here. After all they are a bit rough around the edges!:lol:
:lol:

I'm buying a Solstice GXP and I still found your intro to be hillarious. Good job.:thumbs:

Why do I see this image of men and women in Tuxedos and ball gowns driving their fleet of Skys past a bunch of hoodlums in Solsti with switchblades, chains and DA haircuts. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
jimbo said:
:lol:

I'm buying a Solstice GXP and I still found your intro to be hillarious. Good job.:thumbs:

Why do I see this image of men and women in Tuxedos and ball gowns driving their fleet of Skys past a bunch of hoodlums in Solsti with switchblades, chains and DA haircuts. :lol: :lol:
DA's, switchblades, chains. What a trip down memory lane, but you forgot the black pegged slacks, and pointed toe shoes, with of course taps on the heels. Do you remember these? OOPS! Am I putting an age on myself?:jester: Lets not forget Lakes pipes, lowering blocks, flames and fuzzy dice!!!:cool:

ERNEST:D
I remember the days before the birth of rock n roll, how about anyone else?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
"Muffy, sweetums, you'll never believe it. Todd, Tad, Thad, and I were on the back nine when some young cad in a Solstice roared into the club parking lot listening to rock music and kicking up dust. It was most barbaric."

"Actually, Thom, he's the new tennis pro and I've decided to take some lessons. Steve has a very good game, and it'll be nice to have someting to do while you're out in your Sky teaching your secretary to 'handle a stick.' By the way, we seem to be out of vodka again."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts