Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was talking to my wife about what we'll do when we go and pick up our Sky....you know how it is..planning for the big day....When it hit her that we would be driving our other car to the dealership. I would drive the Sky home and when we got home, we would go out for our first drive....
My wife thought about it for a minute, and said no way, we BOTH need to be in it from the very first moment!! So we are paying for a $30 cab ride to the dealership. We are nuts about this car!!!:cool:

·
Registered
421 Posts
chris67 said:
My wife thought about it for a minute, and said no way, we BOTH need to be in it from the very first moment!! So we are paying for a $30 cab ride to the dealership. We are nuts about this car!!!:cool:
That's not nuts. That's Love!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
chris67 said:
So we are paying for a $30 cab ride to the dealership. We are nuts about this car!!!:cool:
Ya know, the dealership probably has a shuttle that they use to drop people off after getting their car serviced, and to pick them up when their cars are done... I betcha that if you called the dealership and asked if the shuttle could pick you up they'd be glad to do it...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey good idea!

jdigiant said:
Ya know, the dealership probably has a shuttle that they use to drop people off after getting their car serviced, and to pick them up when their cars are done... I betcha that if you called the dealership and asked if the shuttle could pick you up they'd be glad to do it...

I will call the dealership and see if that is possible. By the way... When are you taking a trip up the coast...that section of 1 around Hearst castle into Big Sur is just about some of the best driving around! Followed by a weekend in Carmel/Monterey....too sweet! :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
chris67 said:
By the way... When are you taking a trip up the coast...that section of 1 around Hearst castle into Big Sur is just about some of the best driving around! Followed by a weekend in Carmel/Monterey....too sweet! :cheers:
My daughter is in the Army and stationed in Monterey, and so I took the SKY up there once already. You can read about that trip here. When I get my Red Line I'm sure I will make that trip again, and maybe take the Big Sur up as well as down. Don't want to do the freeway driving during the break-in period, you know...

As for San Simeon, I've been thinking about that, too. As SoCal SKYs grows as an informal Car Club (No dues, no meetings, no by-laws, no BS) I thought we'd need to go north to meet the folks from the other half of the state at some convenient central location. And San Luis Obispo/San Simeon seems like a logical place to pull that off.

That's definitely in the "Long Term Goals" section of my day planner. It may even work to combine it with one leg of my Monterey trip so that I cruise with the SoCal folks half way and the NorCal folks the other way. Or maybe there will be SoCal folks who would want to go all the way and spend the weekend in Monterey, too, while I am visiting my daughter.

So many possibilities, I think I made my brain hurt...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Your not nuts. Yet. But, you will be soon. When you drive places just to be driving. When you claim to have forgotten something at the store just so you can make another trip. When you keep a microfiber towel and a bottle of Eagle One Nanowax next to your car so you can rub her down after each drive, then you will be nuts.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
jdigiant said:
Yep my dealer did that for us..... it was great , me and the mrs, driving off together in our new Sky, all the sales people watching us... see the Mazda dealership is next door and they were watching too...:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I had mentioned this very same thing in the presence of my dealer and he said, "I'd be more than happy to pick you up in a VUE and bring you here..."
As it turns out I stole the car....:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Take a LIMO TO GET HER... AFTER ALL..... YOU ARE PICKING UP YOUR BABY AFTER DELIVERY..... ONLY THE BEST.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
540 Posts
My wife thought about it for a minute, and said no way, we BOTH need to be in it from the very first moment!! So we are paying for a $30 cab ride to the dealership. We are nuts about this car!!!:cool:[/QUOTE]

When the last car I purchased came in my hubby was still at work. I went over by myself to see the car, get the paperwork started, blah, blah. The dealership was appalled that I thought I would have to wait for my husband to arrange pick up. They let me take my new car and had a sales guy drive my old car to my house 27 miles away! Pretty impressive considering I had sold my old car to a private party and not used it as a trade in. I bet if you ask the dealership they will do something like that for you also. :thumbs: Then you dont have to ride in a stinky ole cab and pay 30 bucks.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
I like It

jdigiant said:
As SoCal SKYs grows as an informal Car Club (No dues, no meetings, no by-laws, no BS) I thought we'd need to go north to meet the folks from the other half of the state at some convenient central location. And San Luis Obispo/San Simeon seems like a logical place to pull that off.

That's definitely in the "Long Term Goals" section of my day planner. It may even work to combine it with one leg of my Monterey trip so that I cruise with the SoCal folks half way and the NorCal folks the other way. Or maybe there will be SoCal folks who would want to go all the way and spend the weekend in Monterey, too, while I am visiting my daughter.

So many possibilities, I think I made my brain hurt...
Let me know more when you start planning a trip up North

·
Registered
68 Posts
My husband and I are fighting over who will be the driver...:lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Niice!!!!!

SkyBaby said:
Take a LIMO TO GET HER... AFTER ALL..... YOU ARE PICKING UP YOUR BABY AFTER DELIVERY..... ONLY THE BEST.....SkyBaby-07
We could hire some friends to act like paparazzi and snap photos of us as we pull up in the limo and stride into the dealership! All the while acting like we are bummed they are there! :D :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
trigeeks said:
My husband and I are fighting over who will be the driver...:lol:
No need to break up a marriage over something so trivial...

Save the fight for who gets to be driving when the break-in-period-ending 1,500th mile is reached! Oh, to see the maneuvering that is possible...

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
SkyBaby said:

that is just what we are going to do we have a friend that owns a limo service in IL and he said he would be glad to take us down to the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts